What's new

Pure Thai Sativas

W

Water-

sam may not have released golden buddha seeds but they were around from other sources.

funkyhorse

Thai Masters
Sawadee khap!

I have looked at Icmag and I saw no reference to this story and I think it can be recreated, although is a challenge

This is the story of Fumo da Lata or The Can's Smoke
This strain and this story has deeply influenced Brazil culturally. Poems and songs have been composed, documentaries about this story have been filmed, it became slang and synonymous for top quality in Brazil
All testimonies are in portughese, you can use a translator to read the story:
https://istoe.com.br/216056_A+LENDA+DO+VERAO+DA+LATA/

https://entretenimento.uol.com.br/n...nha-acabaram-nas-praias-brasileiras-em-87.htm

Short documentary where you can see the can and the content of the cans. This was the top quality commercial ganja of the 20th century. It looks very different from today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t5UcdnOlbo

This is the full documentary, the DEA guy talks in english, the rest is in portughese, I dont know if there is a dubbing technology for translating:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejazoq8Ta5s&t=5018s

The can's smoke, came from Thailand and it was going to Usa. After DEA tried to intercept the shipment which was 22 tons of top quality thai ganja, the people on the ship decided to get rid of the shipment which was 20.000 cans full of pressed thai weed and they throw them in open ocean to the waters at around latitude 22 50 south
The ocean currents brought the cans with weed southwards. It was found even 2000kms south of the point of unloading at the uruguayan coast of Rocha department
Today I am realizing that took 9 months for the cans to reach coast.
Following Master Tangwena posts I understand today that what happened was the biggest unconscious fermentation in history
We are talking of tropical waters, the point of unloading the cans was a little north of North West Cape in Western Australia. These are warm waters. The cans were floating in the ocean, receiving the sun heat while having an amazing bain marie, which in fact I call bain Iemanja, it was a present from Iemanja for the people:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemoja

9 months or more fermenting in open ocean on vacuum cans without exposure to sunlight created a myth and it changed the history of ganja in Brazil
Master Tangwena, would you like doing this little experiment challenge for your fishing camp?: please place a sample of some canary bud on vacuum on ocean waters. I dont know if salty ocean water or sweet water would make a difference
I am thinking about a comparison with the same fermented cured buds, what is important is it to be from the same batch for comparison. I really would like to know if there is a difference in results
sample a: fermenting in ocean salty waters bain Iemanja
sample b: fermenting in sweet waters bain Marie
sample c: leave it curing normally at home on vacuum

Question for Master EB:
Did you grow the seeds you picked in Mae Ai shown in post 1053?
If answer is yes, did you obtain a better or a worse product than the original thai in your environment?
And how do they compare to Mr Nice hazes?

Another question for aussie outdoor growers is if you are seeing a difference on quality in your end results compared to the same stuff grown in the northern hemisphere.
You have in Australia a much higher UV than Thailand. I believe the southern you go, the worst it is. Darwin should be not so bad but the rest of the country hould be affected
The ozone hole is not a joke. So you are probably having the same or more UV lighting at sea level in Australia than in Chiang Rai. How does it affect your grows?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey funky ,
im not sure how we can compare without you guys sending us some of your stuff ,, hehehe

it seems a lot of outdoor growers here are growing at a closer point to the equator than the northern hemisphere growers in general ,
so one would expect their product to be slightly better ,
closer to the climate preferred by the plants ..

I think the southern hemisphere gets a better look at the sun than the northern ,
due to the shape of the earth ..

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
That being said, my Neville's Haze freak pheno had that Thai Stick high, and must have been a manifestation of the Golden Thai or Laos genetics that Sam passed onto the Haze brothers. I did mention many times that the Neville's Haze freak pheno was the only thing I grew that I thought was better than the Thai Stick I was getting back in the day. (B.T.W. EB, I grew that indoors!) This matches Sam's and Donald's assessment of the Golden Thai being the best. I do believe Donald wrote that the Super Laos was the best he's had since the Golden Thai. His Super Laos cured a beautiful golden color! Hmm... Makes one think.

I'm so blessed to have seeds from that Neville's Haze freak pheno AND the Super Laos. I can't wait to bring them together in the next few years in what I've been blending from previous Thai, Cambodian, Burmese, and possibly Laos crosses.
:dance013:

ThaiBliss
I agree with you bro. some phenos of laos x mango haze were almost identical to the best neville´s I smoked and they were no mango. so it fits. leathery carroty earthy lemony musk. cant wait to see you laos crosses :D peace.

Bluto

Got one lone seedling from Koh Toa bagseed. Pretty tough,smells sweet. Growing it in Humboldt I'll throw up some pics.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
picture.php

W

Water-

Just got back from a quick trip.

Scored some great herb in Bangkok and down in Krabi.

The ease of getting it and the quality was a big step up from when I was there in 2016.

Maybe because I was there in late winter insted of late summer there was more good stuff around.
or maybe things have loosened up a bit since the old king died.

I read a number of articles in different newspapers when I was there talking about legalization.

It looks like it will happen and they are preparing for it.

There is a concern for saving the heirloom strains the same way that they are serious about their rice varietes being preserved as "theirs".

Many people seem proud that they have the top quality and see it as an important part of their culture that they could profit from.

and profit is a big motivator for the Thai.

That was good to see, but at the same time the country is pretty messed up with the military running the show, I felt a bit unsafe in way that I havent felt before in 25 years of going there. Very totalitarian feeling.
Definetly a much different place then it was back then.
The are talking about a forced military draft for all citizens and it used to be that you were expected to spend some years in a Buddhist monastry.

complete 180 shift in priorities.

sad. I wont be going back.
better of going to cambodia these days.

But I did score some... not gold, but very light green bording on yellow when broken up herb, in Krabi.

A couple bongs and I would be ripped.
clean smoke, it felt smooth on the lungs and I could taste a sweetness.
That was a nice change from shitty tasting over pressed shit that is or was so common there.
the bangkok herb was pretty smooth too.

I think the domestic market has increased there and it is leading to more high quality stuff in the country.

just my theory, like i said i may have just gotten lucky this trip, but it is was the best herb ive seen there in a long long time,

unfortunatly, I was not lucky at the the airport with seeds though. got flagged for the extra searches.
sorry no pics either, i erased them and ditched the seeds in the toilet when i checked in and was told id be getting exra seaarched.

ICMag was banned most of the country but was able to access once in Bangkok.
not the old government screen but a server error would come up.

peace.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Got to start somewhere.

Laos... Thai, potato... potato. I'm looking for what I would call the Thai Stick effect. My understanding is that these seeds came from the banks of the Mekong that divide Thailand from Laos. I love this thread. I think this is an appropriate spot to post updates on the progress of these plants. So far, I only got two to sprout. I'll make crosses because I need them to ripen earlier at my northern latitude. At least they are pure this year, growing in my hillbilly greenhouse without mechanical ventilation, supplemental lighting, and only heat to save from frost. If no one objects, I give you Laos:
picture.php

Cheers,

ThaiBliss

Dogtown

Hi ThaiBliss,

you can't imagine how excited I'm to see how they will perform in your greenhouse! Wish you all the best for the season!

Thanks
Dogtown

Feb2006er

@exotic_alchemy had some highland Thai packs he sent out. Cecilccrabtree just snagged one. Might be some still left.

B

beanz

Mostly Thai - Gypsy Thai Stick x Mulumbimby Madness x Neville's Haze 21:
View Image

Laos:
View Image
View Image

ThaiBliss
hay bud , saw your rep other day ....
the gn x mm/nev21 are further along than you think here . reckon its pretty cool we have the same thing running from old mate .
I,ll post mine here with yours if you like as they come along . I,m looking forward to them the most ...see if I can finally find some devastating weed . one my first smoking experience was thai stick , I greened out so hard ....walking like I had drunk a bottle of hard liquor staggering home to lay down and try to sleep it off ...everyone thought it was laced, but it was just strong herb I believe . red cotton it came wrapped in

this is the late start loas I got from old mate too , approx 15 feet
picture.php

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
... I,ll post mine here with yours if you like as they come along...
I'm pretty confident that I can speak for most who follow Samson's thread here that we'd love for you post pictures and updates.
I,m looking forward to them the most ...see if I can finally find some devastating weed . one my first smoking experience was thai stick , I greened out so hard ....walking like I had drunk a bottle of hard liquor staggering home to lay down and try to sleep it off ...everyone thought it was laced, but it was just strong herb I believe . red cotton it came wrapped in...
That Thai weed was for real, the pinnacle of Cannabis breeding. Very hard to find anything even close to being as good these days, in my opinion. You must have smoked a joint of it or something. Yoss33 found out recently. He found a Thai leaning Zamaldelica and described it as one hit very pleasant. Three hits devastatingly mind bending. That is how we smoked it. Three hits if we wanted to be completely blasted, never more. Don't know why you would want more, unless you were trying to show off to someone.

Best of Luck,

ThaiBliss

B

beanz

I'm pretty confident that I can speak for most who follow Samson's thread here that we'd love for you post pictures and updates.

That Thai weed was for real, the pinnacle of Cannabis breeding. Very hard to find anything even close to being as good these days, in my opinion. You must have smoked a joint of it or something. Yoss33 found out recently. He found a Thai leaning Zamaldelica and described it as one hit very pleasant. Three hits devastatingly mind bending. That is how we smoked it. Three hits if we wanted to be completely blasted, never more. Don't know why you would want more, unless you were trying to show off to someone.

Best of Luck,

ThaiBliss
1 of 4 GN thai x mm/nev21
approx 12 feet , put in late season ...starting the magic
picture.php

laos top 1 of 2 ..... made few hundred loas f2 seeds with other ....which was slightly faster and thicker flowers
picture.php

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
loas top 1 of 2 ..... made few hundred loas f2 seeds with other ....
YES!!!! Please Johnny Appleseed those. I'd love to see a resurgence of pure un-hybridized S.E. Asian greatness, or at the least, backcrossing to the sativa side of all the hybrids. Long live potent cerebral/energetic weed!

Looking darn good, like all your plants. It's obvious that you are a good grower.