What's new

Pure Thai Sativas

W

Water-

lots of places, just not large commercial grows.

plenty of bricked export from the surrounding countries can be found easily in the south though.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
G `day TB

Funny thing is it seems the Thai Stick was not abundant in Thailand itself .
I quizzed some 50 sumpin year old smokers about Thai stick . One had seen a stick her older brother had when she was a teen .
But they had never smoked it !

Thanks for sharin

EB .
maybe not out in central thailand eb ,
i think the sticks were marketed toward farangs in any case ,

i bet plenty of folks out Isaan way saw thai sticks ,
and were involved in the process , im sure the older folks there would have some stories to tell ....

better than the thai sticks was what came after them , well for us it came after them ,
the golden thai ,, boy was that some nice weed ,, i still remember it well to this day ...

if the folks in central thailand were toking that stuff , they werent missing anything at all ....

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Laos really seems to be producing most of what is considered Thai these days. As I suspected even RSC mango thai is actually from the laotian side. I never saw one single plant in the country so growing must be pretty hidden, nothing like India in that regard.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day thule

I doubt that the Thai stick were made in NE Thailand .

CIA were on the other side of the Mekong . Just like the opium that they flowed in to the USA . via Air America the CIA front . Weapons and supplies exchanged for drugs to the Hmong rebels .
CIA had their proxy the Chinese Nationalist Army in Southern Lao and N/E Burma .
Started operations in Laos in the late 1950s .

The remnants in N/ E Burma / Myanmar. Still pumping Meth and heroin out to the world .

I`d say Nth side of the Mekong- Laos might be the source . Yes kancha in Isaan , Thai sticks less certain .

No Thai sticks in Central Thailand and also not common in Bangkok in the 80s apparently . Person I asked ; a life long smoker in her 50s went to BKK in the early 80s . Said she saw Thai stick one time in Nth central region when she was a young teen late 70s .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Veteran
I got the opportunity (through an interpreter) to speak to the village elders. They mentioned not being able to work in the towns. Instead, they would send a couple young women to work as prostitutes and the women would send money back to the village. Open their return, the women would be treated as heroes for helping out the village. It was quite an eye opener. The village only had rough eroded trails accessible by dirtbikes (although i didnt see any while there). The pigs and mangy dogs lived below the bamboo huts where everyone lived. At one point, I was so buzzed at night i thought the pigs and i were having an argument. We were also told to hide our shoes, just in case the burmese soldiers raided the mountaintop village.

G `day Lolo

Cool story bro .

I went to a Long Neck village near Tachilek. Hung out with a group of girls drinking beer then went to a Karaoke bar . Interesting cultural experience . I smoked a few reefers but the girls weren`t into it . Just beer and more beer !

The owner of the guest house I stayed at in Chiang Rai said it was easier to score meth than it was to score kancha .
He did me a cpl of favours during my stay . So as I left I gave him a nice stash of those buds I showed earlier . He was stoked !

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
G `day thule

I doubt that the Thai stick were made in NW Thailand .

CIA were on the other side of the Mekong . Just like the opium that they flowed in to the USA . via Air America the CIA front . Weapons and supplies exchanged for drugs to the Hmong rebels .
CIA had their proxy the Chinese Nationalist Army in Southern Lao and N/E Burma .

The remnants in N/ E Burma / Myanmar. Still pumping Meth and heroin out to the world .

I`d say Nth side of the Mekong- Laos might be the source . Yes kancha in Isaan , Thai sticks less certain .

No Thai sticks in Central Thailand and also not common in Bangkok in the 80s apparently . Person I asked ; a life long smoker in her 50s went to BKK in the early 80s . Said she saw Thai stick one time in Nth central region when she was a young teen late 70s .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
sam s reckons thai stick was delivered to your motel door in bkk for 25 cents when he was there ,

maybe your friend doesnt get around enough ...

nevil said he saw them at markets , and saw women making thai sticks in thailand ....

they were around ,,,, just your friend didnt see them .....

Elmer Bud

Veteran
sam s reckons thai stick was delivered to your motel door in bkk for 25 cents when he was there ,

maybe your friend doesnt get around enough ...

nevil said he saw them at markets , and saw women making thai sticks in thailand ....

they were around ,,,, just your friend didnt see them .....

G `day Wal

Sam was in Thailand in early 1970s ?

War in Laos stopped in 72 / 73 .
Time line ; a person who is 50 + today was 6 or 7 years old in 1973 ...

They start young but , prolly not on the bong at that age ? lol .

Also Laos was part of Siam once upon . The Frenchies drew lines on the map and created kampuchea and Laos .

Nevil was in Thailand in 1983 / 84 before he went to Holland .

Edit he was in Thailand in 1976 .

I 'm visualising a '60s, '70s type Thai, like I smoked in Thailand in '76 with a few Thai boys in a bamboo hut on the beach. I managed 3 tokes, which impressed the hell out those boys. It smelled of dark leather, without a hint of fuel. It almost gave you asthma, meaning that it wasn't easy to smoke. I remember the calyxes being large but the bud was somewhat sparse. I used to sell similar Thai in stick form in '73, '74. 20 sticks in a bundle. Those sticks weren't compressed like most sticks were. It was too good for that.
N.

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-...-grail-ultimate-haze-hybrid-69.html#post69339

Thai Stick production .
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/attachm...-what-thai-user65088_pic236345_1260060534.jpg

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/attachm...-what-thai-user65088_pic236346_1260060534.jpg

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/attachm...-what-thai-user65088_pic236347_1260060534.jpg

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Veteran
From MJ Botany .

Southeast Asia - Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam (10 to 20 north latitude)

Since American troops first returned from the war in Vietnam, the Cambodian, Laotian, Thai, and Vietnamese strains have been regarded as some of the very finest in the world. Currently most Southeast Asian Cannabis is produced in northern and eastern Thailand. Until recent times, Cannabis farming has been a cottage industry of the northern mountain areas and each family grew a small garden. The pride of a farmer in his crop was reflected in the high quality and seedless nature of each carefully wrapped Thai stick. Due largely to the craving of Americans for exotic marijuana, Cannabis cultivation has become a big business in Thailand and many farmers are growing large fields of lower quality Cannabis in the eastern lowlands. It is suspected that other Cannabis strains, brought to Thailand to replenish local strains and begin large plantations, may have hybridized with original Thai strains and altered the resultant genetics. Also, wild stands of Cannabis may now be cut and dried for export.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
G `day thule

I doubt that the Thai stick were made in NE Thailand .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
makes a person wonder what they did with all the weed they grew in north eastern thailand if they didnt make any thai sticks from it..

my father in law part of the army during the times they were pushing the gunja farmers out ,
he was shot by them ,

in the north east a part where the soil is nice and red,
he had to move to where he is now ..

the thai narcotics act was passed in 1979 eb ,
your friend only missed seeing it by a year ,

we were still toking thai sticks in oz in 1984 ,
and golden thai , loose not on a stick ,
in 1985 , so it took a while before the shipments stopped i guess..

some of that compressed thai that is available in thailand these days , also made it to oz in the early 90 s , the smell , taste , high , exactly the same , in a compressed brick the same as you see in thailand now ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Issan had the best herb in Thailand, until the Thai army and the DEA got rid of most of it. From Sakon Nakhon to Nakon Phanom up on the Lao border was where they grew it. Issan has great food and cheap prices as it is off the beaten track in a deprived area.
I do not know where the golden off the stick thai came from, I suspect westerners had an in to the farmers because it was not easy to get Thai cannabis off the stick and unpressed, as well as the quality was top notch. There was quite a bit of it around, some people called it golden Lao, but it was just transported thu Laos via the USA airforce.
It is my personal belief that Yunnan's landraces form the backround to both Thai and Afghani Indicas. I believe both were developed from industrial crops for fiber or seed in Yunnan. Thai was taken south and selected for Ganja for hundreds of years, while others took seeds to Afghanistan or north and selected for hashish production. After hundreds of years of selection the two selections look very different now, but I do believe they are from the same genepool. I have many non-psychoactive yunnan plants that have the exact smells of thais or others like Afghani Indicas, but they are not very strong at all. They were not selected for drug.
If anyone thinks that Hmong hemp is psychoactive they are lightweights, it is fucking rope for gods sake, good luck trying to get high. I have found plants with 1% or 2% THC at the very most. To me that is rope.
-Sam
S
[/FONT]

Elmer Bud

Veteran
makes a person wonder what they did with all the weed they grew in north eastern thailand if they didnt make any thai sticks from it..

my father in law part of the army during the times they were pushing the gunja farmers out ,
he was shot by them ,

in the north east a part where the soil is nice and red,
he had to move to where he is now ..

the thai narcotics act was passed in 1979 eb ,
your friend only missed seeing it by a year ,

we were still toking thai sticks in oz in 1984 ,
and golden thai , loose not on a stick ,
in 1985 , so it took a while before the shipments stopped i guess..

some of that compressed thai that is available in thailand these days , also made it to oz in the early 90 s , the smell , taste , high , exactly the same , in a compressed brick the same as you see in thailand now ...

G `day Wal

Tell me sumpin I don`t know ?
I know your wife `s father . I have seen his scars . Drank Lao kao with him at dawn ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Issan had the best herb in Thailand, until the Thai army and the DEA got rid of most of it. From Sakon Nakhon to Nakon Phanom up on the Lao border was where they grew it. Issan has great food and cheap prices as it is off the beaten track in a deprived area.
I do not know where the golden off the stick thai came from, I suspect westerners had an in to the farmers because it was not easy to get Thai cannabis off the stick and unpressed, as well as the quality was top notch. There was quite a bit of it around, some people called it golden Lao, but it was just transported thu Laos via the USA airforce.
It is my personal belief that Yunnan's landraces form the backround to both Thai and Afghani Indicas. I believe both were developed from industrial crops for fiber or seed in Yunnan. Thai was taken south and selected for Ganja for hundreds of years, while others took seeds to Afghanistan or north and selected for hashish production. After hundreds of years of selection the two selections look very different now, but I do believe they are from the same genepool. I have many non-psychoactive yunnan plants that have the exact smells of thais or others like Afghani Indicas, but they are not very strong at all. They were not selected for drug.
If anyone thinks that Hmong hemp is psychoactive they are lightweights, it is fucking rope for gods sake, good luck trying to get high. I have found plants with 1% or 2% THC at the very most. To me that is rope.
-Sam
S
[/FONT]

I don't know, but with all the genetic information they have gathered, he might have changed his opinion by now.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
G `day Wal

Tell me sumpin I don`t know ?
I know your wife `s father . I have seen his scars . Drank Lao kao with him at dawn ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .
yes i realize that since i was there also ,
sometimes i talk to the other people in the room also eb ...

have you managed to track down where those thai sticks were grown yet ?

i know your comprehension is good eb ,
but you dont seem to read what folks that were in thailand when the thai stick was being produced are saying ,

given most of the western world encountered thai sticks when they were around , a hell of a lot of that stuff was being grown ,
it wasnt some small operation , they supplied the world ,

Sam rekons it was hard to find loose thai weed not on a stick in issan in the quote i put up ,
but you say you dont think thai sticks were made in north east thailand ,
im gonna go with the info from the guy who was there and saw with his own eyes i reckon eb ....

so where do you reckon those sticks came from ??

Elmer Bud

Veteran
i know your comprehension is good eb ,
but you dont seem to read what folks that were in thailand when the thai stick was being produced are saying ,

G `day Wal

I re- read all Nevil`s posts .
He talks about the tradition of Thai farmers and taking the best to market .
Then in the same thread there is a graphic showing a Thai stick being made .

No quote from Nevil saying he saw Thai stick in any market or that he saw anybody make any .

Sam said he didn`t encounter decent weed till he got to Isaan .I don`t remember him saying it was all Thai sticks ...

He collected a Golden Thai there ?

So those references you are clinging to might not be as strong as your imagination remembers them .

A reference or a source of information ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hard to reference phone calls eb ,
i spoke with nevil on the phone about what he saw in thailand when he was there ,

of interest to me was , did the women make the sticks ,,

to which the answer was yes of course ,

and were they still tacky and not properly dry when made ,
again yes ,
made me ponder a little about fermentation etc such as mr tang describes with the african cobs ,, but perhaps not quite on the same level ...

i figured the sticks we got had been cured and perhaps that added to the type of high,

im sure it did ,
i doubt that stuff would have been as nice fresh off the bush and just dry ...

was probably at least a year old or more by the time we were toking them ..

anyhow heres a quote form sams statement that i quoted already ,
maybe you didnt notice it ..

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] because it was not easy to get Thai cannabis off the stick and unpressed[/FONT][/FONT]

bigherb

Veteran
-Sam
S
[/FONT]

The very first original Haze was a late 60's three way cross of Colombian Punto Rojo, a green one, and a light magenta one, all different, all from Columbia, several years later I gave Thai and S Indian seeds that were also crossed to Haze, I had seeds of all of them, Original Haze, and Original Haze X Thai from off the stick gold Thai about 76 in Santa Cruz , called Laos at the time.
I spread the seeds around Cali etc and I brought the seeds with me to the Netherlands and used them to select clone parents for my unimproved Haze lines I preserved, I did not do much work to improve Haze I was trying to preserve it. The Thai and S Indiana Kerala X O Haze crosses were made by my neighbor, R.L. the junior O Haze grower that made the O Haze poster, as I did not grow much Haze until the next year. So anyway it is now pretty hard to tell but what most have was pure Colombian, green, purple, lime green, silver, magenta, blueish, I saw all this before Haze had anything besides Colombian in it. A little bit has Thai, and even less has S Indian. I will be testing the DNA of my Haze lines and clones, then we will maybe have answers about what they is and isn't, and maybe where all the best Cannabis in Colombia, Jamaica, Mexico came from? India, Africa? Asia? Time will tell.

Sup DM and Eb always great to read you both

Quoted from Sams he touches on the Golden thai

I’ve always been curious about Buddha Thai and Golden thai , Nevil made comparison of Buddha Thai to Haze aswell as Tom hill made comparison to Thai and Haze

I appreciate you both sharing your experiences, Could you share your experiences with Golden thai / Buddha Thai / Thai stick taste aromas and effect

Considering the loosening laws n medical legalization I do hope there are those farmers who kept pure private stock. I hope the legends can be spread once again maybe those of us from the younger generation can have the experiences

Much Respect

1luvbigherb

Latest posts

Latest posts