What's new

Pure Thai Sativas

ahortator

Veteran
i know mate im in Udon now :tiphat: not so sure about the Thai stick type coming from these parts though. I heard that they grow old school Thai's around yasothon area, i was gifted seeds from Roi-Et which isn't far from yasothon a few years ago.
Only tried grow two plants, got one female which only just started flowering after four months and was about 12 feet tall. I had to return to the UK so she was left with Thai people...inevitably she ended up in soup lol.

Hi

There was a thread now deleted about GN Thai Stick strain from Nong Khai.

Hi all, As most of you know I spent alot of this season growing landrace strains and I must admit I was pleasently surprised how some of them turned out. Some standouts were the Malana Cream from RSC, The Kariba Surprise which was originaly from African Seeds, this strain outdid all the other African strains by a country mile. The Mazar which is from Shanti's collection, this was the best Indica I have ever smoked and it is not only me that has said this.
But little did I know that there would be a surprise waiting for me....As you know I also did alot of Gypsy's Laos and Thai stick and unless you have the patience these are not recommended for the indoor grower or even the outdoor grower unless you have the space and climate, as I have only just harvested them and it is the middle of winter here and I still have one Laos that is only just heading and a few other Thai's still flowering.
I also had problems with the Laos as it had a few hermies amongst them, not so for the Thai's. I also had trouble with the size of these plants and the breaking of branches during storms.
All in all they were a difficult plant to keep healthy and lush, but out of all this trouble came a plant that is exactly like the 70's smoke that we used to get in the form of the Thai stick, this plant produces a stone that is so trippy and long lasting that it leaves you thinking you have just dropped a acid trip and i do not joke.
So for you guys who are willing to try the Thai stick from Gypsy the reward could blow your mind.
On a final note I would like to thank Gypsy for making the effort to find this strain and make it available, you have made a dream come true

That amazing Thai was found in two packs (which is 15+15= 30 seeds).

Bushweed knows that plant very well. He said that Thai strain needs some cleaning, because not all plants are like that.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=3782468&postcount=118

Last year I have grown GN Thai Stick from a pack, but only 7 sprouted. All were female so I wasn't able to make seeds which was my first goal.

Among that seven thais, two were light green thin sativa type, three had dark wide leaves but very tall with very long internodes, another plant was a wide leafed type but with a "skunky" smell and not so tall, and the last was not so tall as the other three but with very thin and huge light green leaves with a pleasant smell.

Sadly I had a problem and I lost all them but a cutting from the latter. So I have smoked none. I must say the latter seems that was the slowest flowering of the seven. She has been growing outside all the time and she had made no buds, only preflowers at the base of some leaves, and now is revegeting.

Best regards

What is the overall status of GN Thai Stick? Is it worth doing a decent selection for a keeper mom? Or even something worth preserving? I should just find out for myself... lol

bushweed

Veteran
Hi guys, the Mango Thai and GN Thai seem very similar to me in growth pattern, predominance of lime green colors and the protracted flowering times. It's a shame the Mango Thai is no longer available, but I'd recommend the GN Thai for a genuine Thai from the Laos border region, although as an indoor grow I think it would test the best...

"Mango Thai is the craziest and I have some pretty ridiculous sativas. I've read on this site that it takes 14-16 weeks flowering and I'm thinking whatever... what planet is that on? This is the real deal okay. It grows like bamboo, goes in and out of flowering as it pleases, flowers on some branches but not others on the same plant, stretches more than any plant I've ever grown, flowers slower than just about anything I've seen before AND forgets to flower. That's right. You can kick some of this stuff into any light sequence you like but some plants simply refuse to flower. I've got Mango Haze still in full veg growth after everything else FINISHED a month ago and got harvested... two weeks to winter... and some Mango still haven't even started. Now that is real old school."

scrubdog here mentions the ultra late flowering Mango Haze, by which he means Mango Thai. Talking of Mango Haze, a lot of people think Mango Haze is too sativa dominant for them to grow easily, but just to show you how long flowering the GN Thai is, here's a picture of a fully flowering Mango Haze with the GN Thai behind it still in veg...
picture.php

Sadly I had a problem and I lost all them but a cutting from the latter. So I have smoked none. I must say the latter seems that was the slowest flowering of the seven. She has been growing outside all the time and she had made no buds, only preflowers at the base of some leaves, and now is revegeting.

Hi amigo, sorry to hear of the difficulty in finding males in your Tuk Tuk Indonesian and now in the GN Thai. I will say that the GN Thai cut you referred to was the longest and latest flowering in two packs and produced long thin colas. It was a true full blooded sativa and very difficult to work with even in a subtropical latitude. I am growing a few plants that are a cross of this cut and Nevil's Hz Madness, and it is amazing how every plant has taken on the flowering characteristics of the HzMM father, but with the candy musk smell of the GN thai mother...
picture.php

picture.php

They are also much more symmetrical than the mother...
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Hmong

Veteran
does anyone know anything about "howard's special thai"?
I don't know anything about howards, but I have seen this leaf pattern on thai seedlings before. maybe this helps

Oltimer Haze x Meao Thai (ACE)

ic
imho this looks veeeeery similar. see the attachments ;)

---------------------------------------

btw my Hmong's got some neem oil drench today. I imported a masses fungus gnats with my bark mulch topdressing, wich i replaced now for cocoa shells. when they have dried up again i'm going to apply some high P compost tea.
I worried about the treatment first, but having 12 weeks still on the run, I guess it made sense.

flowering day 28

picture.php

Attachments

• 20 days.jpg
    20 days.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 20
  • 34 days.jpg
    34 days.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 48 days.jpg
    48 days.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 22

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Hi guys, the Mango Thai and GN Thai seem very similar to me in growth pattern, predominance of lime green colors and the protracted flowering times. It's a shame the Mango Thai is no longer available, but I'd recommend the GN Thai for a genuine Thai from the Laos border region, although as an indoor grow I think it would test the best...

What I've gathered, the GN Thai, Mango Thai and Red Thai seem to represent the lowland type in Isaan and the Mekong region, whereas the Hmong Hilltribe is a highland type from roughly the same region and is grown mainly by the Hmong ethnicity, like one might conclude.

It's possible these Thais will be restocked within a few months, I certainly hope so.

vapor

Veteran
Cheers for that it interesting...can i ask who is m0ng00se? Also udon which assuming is udon thani isnt east, its north east. East thailand is koh chang, rayong, trat, chon buri etc.

I would love to see how big these thai seeds really are!

visioncreator vision thai comes from udon region. Very interesting highs/powerful////

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Laos is only a short ride ...

Laos is only a short ride ...

visioncreator vision thai comes from udon region. Very interesting highs/powerful////

G`day Vapor

Seed might have come out of Udon Thani .
Highly doubt it was grown there recently . Folks I talked to up there said all the Kancha comes from across the Mekong in Laos where laws are not as strictly enforced .
Some ballsy folks grow some home grown . But its very hard to do without making some contributions to the Boys in Brown for their favourite brand of tea at the station house ...

Thais are sticky beaks,they love to observe others and gossip is a national sport .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

SativaBreather

Veteran

scrubdog here mentions the ultra late flowering Mango Haze, by which he means Mango Thai. Talking of Mango Haze, a lot of people think Mango Haze is too sativa dominant for them to grow easily, but just to show you how long flowering the GN Thai is, here's a picture of a fully flowering Mango Haze with the GN Thai behind it still in veg...
View Image

Hi amigo, sorry to hear of the difficulty in finding males in your Tuk Tuk Indonesian and now in the GN Thai. I will say that the GN Thai cut you referred to was the longest and latest flowering in two packs and produced long thin colas. It was a true full blooded sativa and very difficult to work with even in a subtropical latitude. I am growing a few plants that are a cross of this cut and Nevil's Hz Madness, and it is amazing how every plant has taken on the flowering characteristics of the HzMM father, but with the candy musk smell of the GN thai mother...
View Image
View Image

They are also much more symmetrical than the mother...
View Image
View Image

thats beautiful, gorgeous

vapor

Veteran
G`day Vapor

Seed might have come out of Udon Thani .
Highly doubt it was grown there recently . Folks I talked to up there said all the Kancha comes from across the Mekong in Laos where laws are not as strictly enforced .
Some ballsy folks grow some home grown . But its very hard to do without making some contributions to the Boys in Brown for their favourite brand of tea at the station house ...

Thais are sticky beaks,they love to observe others and gossip is a national sport .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

visioncreator lived in the region for years and years off and on. He collected the seed himself, this was probably 20 or more years ago.....

Elmer Bud

Veteran
visioncreator lived in the region for years and years off and on. He collected the seed himself, this was probably 20 or more years ago.....

G`day Vapor

Nice to know .
I didn`t recognise the Seed Co name and guessed it was a new player .
That would be a quite legit source of seeds an expat with local contacts .

A quick tour through an area would be hit and miss as to what you could source .

A friend in Udon gave me some local grown weed . A combination of some Mr Nice hybrids and some Laos bud . Its was very potent .

Thanks for sharin

EB

numide

Veteran
Hi all
Very nice Thai Hmong and Bushweed, it´s always a pleasure to see your garden

@Thule: Mekong ( "same" to Red and Mango Thai) is available at RSC website ;)

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Hi all
Very nice Thai Hmong and Bushweed, it´s always a pleasure to see your garden

@Thule: Mekong ( "same" to Red and Mango Thai) is available at RSC website ;)

Yeah I noticed that, but as there's been talk of further restocking I thought I'd wait till they have some 5 packs too, and preferrably of the mango phenotype. I want a plant exactly like yours :good:

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Thainess

Thainess

:laughing: aint that the truth!

G`day Terps

It was Don Mallard who got me interested in Thailand .
Started a few years ago when I 1st met his teerak . Been fascinated by Thailand since .

How are the Red Shirts goin ?
They seem restrained for the time being .

I visited Isaan a cpl of times last year and got to know some locals a bit .
I`m keen to get out further East and Nth up by the Mekong . On the other side is where it all happens from what I heard .

I had an offer to stay on some land down in the Sth and grow some Sativas . Free rent on some land next to a National Park .

When I discussed it with my US expat friend who has lived in Thailand a looong time, he said there are better places in the world to do it as far as legality . Only need to be caught once in Thailand and its a long stint in the monkey house .
No Farang is gonna get away with guerilla growing in the Land of Smiles . he he .

Safe travels

EB .

T

Terps

Mornin Elmer

Thailand is a very fascinating place indeed. When I first came here 8 years ago it blew my mind! Especially since I visited Phuket first lol.

As far as growing down south i would agree with your american friend that would be a definite no no. Especially any large amount..kiss the rest of your days goodbye. Like you say Thais love to gossip!

Tbh i dont get involved with the political situation, last i heard the higher powers told the prime minister she needs to go. All I know is the exchange rates getting better so its happy days for me :biggrin:

I would definitely recommend heading over to Laos next time you're in Udon, Nong Khai is only an hours drive and get a visa at the border..1500 baht your good to go! I've lived in different parts of isaan on and off for seven years now and i must say after seeing how they live in Laos I would much prefer to stay there. If you had a nice house in the sticks in Laos your golden! Police are basically non existent in the countryside they only stay in town, apparently.

All this talk about Thais is giving me a Thairection! hehe

Id like to acquire some of Gypsy Nirvanas Thai Stick. Where abouts is the best place to find them? If they can still be found. I remember seeing them somewhere awhile back, can't for the life of me remember where...

visioncreator... Ive heard that name before. What's the story on that fellow? VisionCreator Thai sounds interesting. Anyone got info?

bushweed

Veteran
Hi infinitesimal, I wish you luck man, it's going to test your mettle, but have some faith, JahGreenLabel proved the GN Thai can be grown successfully indoors...
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn those are large, I can be ultra patient to the point of neglect due to sheer laziness... and I feed easy as it is.

I was thinking I would run clones straight to 12/12 or top and tie it down even while in flower if necessary... plus I plan on setting up a carport greenhouse this year, here shortly... so I can play around and find what works... I got the faith! ;)