What's new

Pure Sativa Greenhouse

R

recent guest

Haze #1: Vanilla, ripe fruit, sweet woody haze flavor. If anybody has ever smelled the wood of a wild currant bush after it has been cut, this plant has the same smell. Very vivid and recognizable but subtle and delicate smell.

picture.php
picture.php

Haze #2: Similar pheno in smell and leaf structure but with much more uniform branching. The smell is darker and more in tune with the breeder's description of purple oldtimer's haze phenos. In between the sweet ripe fruit scent but with darker sweet berry flavors.

picture.php

Panama again

picture.php

GD-72: Unique lemon pledge smell, sharper than the lemon incense panama, not as sweet or deep but lighter and more bitter.
picture.php

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
If there would be a contest for the nicest greenhouse i would nominate you.
Very peaceful and inspiring, thanks for sharing it with us all.

R

recent guest

Once you have mites, can you ever really get rid of them?

I hate spider mites so fucking much. They are back with force, probably completely immune to the pyrethrins and bug bombs (which never really worked to begin with).

They have fucked up my seed run in the tent, causing me to waste males and precious seeds, killing the little plants and making them look ugly and speckled.

What do I do? The plants are so big that spraying anything under every leaf is not possible. They are working on the Frost Monster and the Diesel, Im just waiting for the population to burst and destroy the rest.

pedrero

to the mites, Lady bugs are very effective.
or you can try this natural grandma´s revenue:
Let 1 liter of water boile for 5 minutes with 100g of fresh mentha. After that, flow in a filter or something and let it sit for 24hs. You can store in the refrigerator. Spay it foliars 2 days and in the third day put a honey tablespoon in the tea, dilute and spray it.
Mites doesn´t like cold and humid climates. If possible, raising the umidity a little can help too.

and for shure enjoyning this very nice plants! regards!

sprinkl

Veteran
Predatory mites would be my bet, especially in such a big grow area. Impossible to spray everything whereas predators are pretty much seek and destroy...

@Bear Riot:

Most beautiful greenhouse ever. I saw pics in the Ace Seeds OldtimerHaze thread and then forgot where I saw it... I even spent a couple of weeks on here (and other forums too) trying to find it again because I just couldnt forget it and wanted to take notes and save pics for my own future project. Very inspirational.
Ok I'll admit it, Im just fucking jealous :)

Awesome work and awesome results. Congrats man!! (might sound pretty stupid but I dont know what to say else).

R

recent guest

-------HELP---------

I cant stress this enough. I wish one of you could actually physically get rid of all of these mites. I wish someone had a magic wand. Is anyone a wizard?

------FUCK!---------

I can't stress this enough either. Am I panicing? YES. Am I overreacting? I don't think so.

If anyone wants to see this grow finish then I need all the suggestions, advice, links, etc that have to do with getting rid of this fucking BORG.

The frost monster has THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of eggs under every single leaf. A mass hatching is days away. I have been spraying Dr. Doom every three days with zero results, they are completely resistant to that.

My pest control lineup is Azamax (neem), Dr. Doom (pyrethrins), and beneficial fungi (worthless waste of money). I am thinking of completely breaking from organic practice to deal with this. Based on the number of eggs and the THICK impenetrable nature of the foliage on every plant, I anticipate that the mite population will quickly number in the millions.

I see two courses of action:

First, breaking with organic practice and spraying Floramite or Avid. This is nasty systemic pesticide that itself is only slightly better than having mites. I was hoping someone had information or experience with this.

Second, continuing with heavy sprayings of Azamax and Dr. Doom for the next week or so and then releasing every known mite predator in about double the dosage I think I need.

I have had shitty results with predators. They just leave/die. My climate is dry and hot. But I don't want to leave/die/have deformed children because of nasty chemicals. And I don't want to watch as mites destroy these plants that I have worked so hard on.

There are BILLIONS of plants outside the greenhouse WHY WHY WHY DO THEY LOVE MARIJUANA SO MUCH!??!?!?!??! F U C K mites. FUCK THEM.

pedrero

i think with a dry and hot climate is almost impossible to get rid of the mites even with quemicals
making a plan to control the populations seens more logic, and for shure in this stage azamax could help, there´s a long run to the harvest
there´s something mites loves more than cannabis: tomatos
just trying to give some ideas, but i really think a higher umidity level will help a lot and put more efficience with any plan you choose

onefinity

If you can keep them down to manageable levels and introduce lacewings? I'd double or triple up on them to protect what you have going.

sprinkl

Veteran
If you nuke the plants with pesticides the predators will be worthless.. The spider mites will be far more resistant. If you plan to go this route at least give the predators a fighting chance!
If there are so many of them the predators shouldnt leave..
You could still go the chemical way if they fail but I think it will lower the quality of the weed, and the question is if it will be as effective as needed.
Also try upping your humidity with a fogger or something, sativas love high humidity so they will be more in their element while spider mites thrive in low humidity conditions.

R

recent guest

Thanks folks I have a helper here and today we are going to do a thing - its only clones that have the mites (Frost Monster, Haze, Diesel) - so we will smoke a j of the plant we are cleaning and spraying neem on, then move on to the next. I hope for control. Thanks for all the help.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Bear! How did I miss this thread? I had no idea your gh was in such a beautiful location. Ive got to read though and then catch up with you.

Im gonna need yours and the other sativa heads' help and input when I pop-n-cross my Ace/Cannabiogen beans.

Subbed, brother!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agree about the humidity. As well, low humidity is rarely a boon for predators.

When I was spraying large plants/rooms, this was a godsend. Discarded the tank, attached to a hose, hose to a pump in a 50 gallon barrel and then went to fucking town. A dimmer switch to adjust airflow is prime. It isn't cheap though, and can blow through spray solution if not dialed in.

There are more and more reports of spinosad as a soil drench to combat mites. I've never tried it, but it looks promising and may be something to look into.