What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Sativa Greenhouse

Growcephus

Veteran
That's a great set up bear!

I'm finishing the last of my AK seeds and am looking for some sativa's to grow next. I've heard great things about Kali Mist and C99, but that's about it. What would you recommend for a relatively n00b sativa wann-be grower?

R

recent guest

Doobies and beet salad?

I thought you'd never ask :D

This thread is epic, Ima go look for the build pics if there aren't any yet.

[edit: Ah nuts. Was still a good browse.]

By build pics do you mean pictures of the greenhouse under construction? If thats the case I have some, I'll have to look through them though because the people who helped me build it (neighbors) are in most of the pictures and I don't want to put them on blast on Icmag.

R

recent guest

That's a great set up bear!

I'm finishing the last of my AK seeds and am looking for some sativa's to grow next. I've heard great things about Kali Mist and C99, but that's about it. What would you recommend for a relatively n00b sativa wann-be grower?

yeah for sure. I was new to growing last year and had great results indoors with Cannabiogen Destroyer and Female Seeds C99. C99 was a wonderful smoke and a great mother, I have seeds from her that consistently produce winning individuals. The father was a DNA genetics chocolope, which is also a great sativa dominant strain, though not pure. Look through the Ace and Cannabiogen seed company selections, those are the breeders that I have the most experience with and I have nothing but positive things to say. My favorite weed of ever is Panama, the cut pictured in this thread. It is pure treasure. Panama is completely manageable indoors, and outdoors if the climate is right she preforms well. I flowered the original mother plant that this clone was taken from when she was 12 inches tall and ended up with a plant just under 4 feet when mature, with a decent flowering time of about 10.5 weeks.

Kali Mist I have not grown but I have smoked it several times and it would probably be a good choice, I don't know about its growth habits. I have never grown greenhouse seeds but that company has a pretty large selection of highly selected sativa strains.

R

recent guest

Your nailing it.
I would use milder solutions instead of going straight with the bomb.
Ladybugs or some organic pesticide used as foliar as done it for me in the past.
Usually ladybugs do well in greenhouses because when the pests are decimated they just move to greener pastures.
Nice work anyway.

I released two bags of ladybugs in here last year, something like 2000 bugs, and they were all gone the next day. I never saw a single one again. I have a sprouting jar with a mesh lid maybe I will go collect some wild ones :biggrin:

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
what a great grow spot, and what a great strains your growing, showing fully love.

Big respect for rolling the real sativa's

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
That was not good enough

That was not good enough

I released two bags of ladybugs in here last year, something like 2000 bugs, and they were all gone the next day. I never saw a single one again. I have a sprouting jar with a mesh lid maybe I will go collect some wild ones :biggrin:

What a liberty!!! I would be very disappointed with those ladies:biggrin:
Did you released the ladybugs already in adult form? I bet you didn´t because only on the larva form they feed on critters, when adults they are mostly looking for a good spot to lay on eggs.
Do you have a guess on why the great ladybug escaped happened?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
By build pics do you mean pictures of the greenhouse under construction? If thats the case I have some, I'll have to look through them though because the people who helped me build it (neighbors) are in most of the pictures and I don't want to put them on blast on Icmag.

Nice :) Look forward to it.

R

recent guest

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

R

recent guest

Dried buds from the Oldtimer's Haze (clone in the trough with the beets and brussels)

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

R

recent guest

Smoke more GH shots:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Then I found this guy attempting to start a riot so I smoked a J with him and settled his nerves:
picture.php

man I'd love to have a greenhouse like that, it's a tropical jungle, a couple chairs and a little table would do it nicely.

R

recent guest

man I'd love to have a greenhouse like that, it's a tropical jungle, a couple chairs and a little table would do it nicely.
Haha I have both, Im just always sitting in the chair when I am taking the photos. Its one of the best places to smoke herbs!

is it a cub or a super big tree? tough to tell

SUPER big tree...I bet 8' in diameter. Probably as big as they get around here. The bears, different story. They never get much bigger than large dogs here, so little to snack on.

R

recent guest

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the greenhouse set you back and how long did it take to build?

Well, this was a project that I had some help from...lady luck, I guess. We had a great hay crop several years back while drought and blight hit many of the other hay producing regions in the US, and that sent prices up while we sat on a surplus, I think organic hay went for around $350 a ton. I was able to set aside enough for this project. All in all I think I spent around $30k, including gravel, troughs, concrete, excavating, and labor, all extras. The structure, a kit, costs $20k at the entry level without extras. It took four guys about a month and a half to get it up and working, but we also have plenty of equipment around here, being a farm, so in most cases I guess you would need to factor in equipment rental costs (forklift and skidsteer, backhoe to make a sativa excavation).

Im still looking for those building pics.

In any case here is an update on growth!

I have not added anything nute-wise, just water and light.

Panama
picture.php

Haze #2
picture.php

Haze #1
picture.php

Frost Monster
picture.php
picture.php

I have been pruning the Haze #1 and the Diesel back to keep them small. I have decided that the stems of these plants are essentially pipes (conduits) and that the larger the diameter, the more essential nutrients and liquids can be passed to growth and eventually bud sites. So, pruning them back creates larger stem diameter for the same number of growth sites, and sturdier stems. Right?

So basically a 3 foot plant with a 1 inch diameter stem should yield higher than a 3 foot plant with a half inch diameter stem.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haha I have both, Im just always sitting in the chair when I am taking the photos. Its one of the best places to smoke herbs!

SUPER big tree...I bet 8' in diameter. Probably as big as they get around here. The bears, different story. They never get much bigger than large dogs here, so little to snack on.

thatsa bigga treeya

R

recent guest

I topped the GD yesterday because the heater was burning the foliage. It may have been a mistake because now there may be many tops to get burned. We will see.

picture.php
picture.php

Get out of here you pest, go back to the tree of souls!
picture.php

Now this is the biggest problem that I have in this greenhouse. The resident herd of cats, yep, 18 ranch cats qualifies as a herd, are all big fans of clawing their way up the plastic covering on the greenhouse, which is a double layer that is supposed to inflate with a small fan for insulation. Over the past year the cats have punctured it so many times that it is deflating and where it deflates mold grows. They only do this when I am inside the greenhouse. Let them in? Sure, and everything that isn't tied down is flipped upside down. One got locked in overnight once and there were so many spilled/flipped pots and crushed plants (he lay down on a flat of starts) that I wont let them in ever. So, they run up it. Suggestions? I tried electric fencing, and placing a board as a ramp so that they have an easier way up that doesn't ruin shit, but no, they love clawing their way up to the roof.
picture.php