What's new

Puffed out bho

hobb3s93

Its not always the same.... I thought i had it down and just ruined a huge piece. As the size of the cakes i make get larger, a dif temp is needed.

definetly feel u on that man. havent had much luck getting the dry honeycomb i was getting in my vac pro but have been getting a sugerwax consistency that tends to dry up pretty nice.

do u start the oven at room temp and immediately start to pull vac?
ive started to leave the valve closed and in full vac more than anything , do u run the vac whole time?

i got an across intl but no closed loop yet. might be holding me back a tad.

:ying::biggrin:

Hash Man

Its not a cold or room temp purge. I know it looks similar to what u see under those conditions, but the structure is always lost when releasing the vac. This stuff is purged past shatter or pseudoshatter for what its worth. I might get it tested to see if there is any solvent left.

cyphaman

The key to honeycomb like this (if you like this at all) is time, vac and not too much heat but enough that you get some reaction going on. Usually compared to shatters and saps you will run Comb at higher temps from the jump, as buddering isnt an issue. 120-140F

The thickness of the slab can play a role in achieving the right Spacecookie look too, try folding the slabs thick and then run your final round of vac. Usually will take 1-2 days + depending on the strain. Shatters tend to dry out more and sativas or higher terp oils will take much longer, and or result in a sugar wax type of finish.

The idea of vacuuming the oil far past many of the lighter components boiling points is not easy to stomach. But some poeple prefer this as its easy to handle with your hands, and also it tends to make purging out residual solvents easier as well.. Not knocking anyones style, but I prefer some nice sap myself.

Hope this helps anyone who was wondering about this type of consistency.

Hash Man

The key to honeycomb like this (if you like this at all) is time, vac and not too much heat but enough that you get some reaction going on. Usually compared to shatters and saps you will run Comb at higher temps from the jump, as buddering isnt an issue. 120-140F

The thickness of the slab can play a role in achieving the right Spacecookie look too, try folding the slabs thick and then run your final round of vac. Usually will take 1-2 days + depending on the strain. Shatters tend to dry out more and sativas or higher terp oils will take much longer, and or result in a sugar wax type of finish.

The idea of vacuuming the oil far past many of the lighter components boiling points is not easy to stomach. But some poeple prefer this as its easy to handle with your hands, and also it tends to make purging out residual solvents easier as well.. Not knocking anyones style, but I prefer some nice sap myself.

Hope this helps anyone who was wondering about this type of consistency.

Im pulling this in 4-8 hrs.

Sextracts

I know your not willing to give out tech because it is not a fail safe, but it seems maybe a full vac isn't pulled the whole time, possibly partial vac to get to muffin than leave it there to stop from over purging?

Hash Man

I know your not willing to give out tech because it is not a fail safe, but it seems maybe a full vac isn't pulled the whole time, possibly partial vac to get to muffin than leave it there to stop from over purging?

Its more about time. I need to get my computer back up because it takes forever to type this on my phone. I threw 29.5 out of my tek and just rock it.

cyphaman

Ur probably running a CL system too, but then again Im not the one asking you to help out with some insight, Im providing some to those who aren't getting any.

Hash Man

Your tek might work but its not how i work. Post some pics if u can make the same puff with your tek. You are trying to provide insight but u lead people further away from the truth. 24-36 hours is a bit longto wait.

JointOperation

ive noticed with a few extra coffee filters.. my kief runs mixed with bud or trim.. comes out alot lighter then before. i used to only use. 2 coffee filters and a 50micron screen ... now i use 3 coffee filters then 50 micron.. then another coffee filter over the screen.. and its been coming out super light. almost as light as my nug runs..

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We've filtered to 0.2 micron for special photo shoots, and I can positively state that the particulate that clogs the filter, has color and that removing it lightens the extract.

We also have some joint R&D work going on with a specialty filter manufacturer, that is looking promising at this point. More as that develops.

ive noticed with a few extra coffee filters.. my kief runs mixed with bud or trim.. comes out alot lighter then before. i used to only use. 2 coffee filters and a 50micron screen ... now i use 3 coffee filters then 50 micron.. then another coffee filter over the screen.. and its been coming out super light. almost as light as my nug runs..

Where do you find the varying size micron screens?

I looked all over a few different hardware stores and couldn't find anything...I came real close to a blowout twice so I think I need to invest in one.

A specialty one eh Graywolf? I'd be buying that for sure

Hash Man

Loaftek

Loaftek

Sour D shake run- born on 420.
So far sour d is my favorite stuff to run.
Anyone else pulling color like this from last years outdoor with any other strands?

hobb3s93

dude ur shit is consistent.

do u think ur having such good results because u calibrated ur oven?
i havent calibrated mine but according to the temp gun its always really close to setting.

the couple timesive ran somthing with sour lineage in it ive gotten very good yeild aswell as bright yellow color.

Hash Man

My finest work

My finest work

dude ur shit is consistent.

do u think ur having such good results because u calibrated ur oven?
i havent calibrated mine but according to the temp gun its always really close to setting.

the couple timesive ran somthing with sour lineage in it ive gotten very good yeild aswell as bright yellow color.

Thnx. Calibrating the oven with the low temp controller made a big difference. Check out this 85 g loaf that towers at 2.75" tall and 9" wide!!

Z

Ziggaro

My god...so jealous
Is the only way you can get stuff like this an oven? A vacuum pump isn't good enough anymore?

Hash Man

My god...so jealous
Is the only way you can get stuff like this an oven? A vacuum pump isn't good enough anymore?

An oven really helps. I have it connected to a 3 cfm pump from harbor freight.

Also learning when to spike your temps and when to lower them is key;).