What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PTSD, Exercise and Weed

blondie

Lots of thoughts in the world revolving around the concept of your path is already written. Seems you are heading in that direction..

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Lots of thoughts in the world revolving around the concept of your path is already written. Seems you are heading in that direction..
You can't reverse old age friend, nor can you make your eye sight see when it doesn't. Do you think my direction is determined by my perception? Hell no it's not, my eyesight is determined by something I can't reverse. My old age is set and can't be reversed. It's not a concept friend it's a reality I have to live with and make my own peace.

Ignoring it doesn't help or staying dope fucked all the time doesn't help either, I tried both! Acceptance is the only way I have found to live as a handicapped person in an un-handicapped world. I'm talking about living with PTSD and coping instead of the old ways that didn't help.

St. Phatty

Veterans have to get a new ID every 10 years at the Veterans Center to get Medical treatment. I got another one last week and Holy Cow 10 years sure can make a difference. I looked at it under the CCTV and wow I look so old and torn up these days and I didn't even know it. I was shocked for a couple of days. I am glad I don't care what people think about my looks, anymore, because if I cared I would be in big trouble.

The ID Craze is a little strange.

I was asked to show an ID at the library when I just paid to renew my card for 3 months (to get the free Internet, it's the only thing they have that's worth checking out.)

Since I have a 1.000 (perfect, batting 1000) history for returning things etc., I told them that ID'ing people is HOSTILE.

What about all the homeless people that don't have ID's ?

What about people that lost their ID's ?

blondie

You know there is a law in the US at least that if you are not carrying ID when asked by law enforcement you can be arrested. The not so nice Mr. policeman told me this while he was fishing for his cuffs.... so I guess sadly tough shit to those without ID.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You know there is a law in the US at least that if you are not carrying ID when asked by law enforcement you can be arrested. The not so nice Mr. policeman told me this while he was fishing for his cuffs.... so I guess sadly tough shit to those without ID.
One of the main reasons it's a law to carry an ID is to be able to identify one's body if found dead. Can you imagine the hard time those people in the hospitals have when an unknown person dies without identification? When those homeless people have no ID, they go to jail to establish paperwork so they can be identified at any future time. Once your prints are in the system you have an ID so to speak for the rest of your life. 😎

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Now there's a morbid thought to contemplate. I almost forgot that I won't be in a position to issue any clarifying statements if I suddenly find myself suffering from a serious case of death. I'll be sure and keep that ID on my person at all times now with this sobering realization in mind. On a serious note, I do recall that as a youngster I regarded death as an optional decision for old people to consider when they got bored with life.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Here's something to ponder.
Most un-handicapped people think handicaps are exaggerated or faking and should act differently. The same goes for PTSD, but the truth be known they don't know a thing about being disabled or handicapped with PTSD. You can't blame those people for being the way they are because they don't know the truth.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Not knowing the person’s story, one would never understand what it’s like to be injured and have PTSD. They have a right to believe that not knowing why. So, I'll give you a "tiny little glimpse" of my reality. Living as a handicapped person with PTSD is the hardest experience I’ve ever had to learn to cope with. Today survival is the only option.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Here is what I live with every day, burns scars over 48% of my body, missing hunks of flesh off my feet and legs with skin grafts from the waist down. I had my Achilles tendon blown out of the muscle on my right leg. It took months to regrow muscle and flesh on my legs, feet and learn how to walk again. I had hundreds of wraps put on my burns all over my body. Knocked all my teeth loose and missing in action. Lots of plastic surgery on my face from a flesh rip from my bottom lip to the bottom of my chin leaving my chin bone exposed. I went thru many surgeries on my face. Today I only have one eye and I’m almost deaf. When I talk, I talk too loud and offend people. It's funny because when I try to sleep, I hear everything to the point of not sleeping from the noise. It's like a curse. That's not to mention being shell-shocked all the time. I carry this experience with me every day and people don’t know it and so I understand why they don’t understand.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I can’t go to the stores or fun places like most people anymore. I used too take care of myself with one eye but now that it's failing I have to depend on a caregiver to take me anywhere. Getting in the store is one thing, but seeing the items is another matter and so I have to get help with any shopping. The same goes for going to the Dr., Dentist or Veterans or anywhere important I need to go. No fun places only business. The caregiver helps me not trip and fall stepping over curbs, up steps or not run my head into anything. Helps with finding doors, filling out papers, finding the men’s room, and making my appointment times. I don’t have access to a caregiver all the time but I never miss appointments thanks to the help I do get.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Here's my Summer Kuti in the bush where I spend most of my time. I love being outside most the time.
IMG_5748.JPG

IMG_5737.JPG
IMG_5747.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5752.JPG
    IMG_5752.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 56

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I've picked up on my exercises and doing long daily rides., (5Kdaily) I'm getting ready for a good swim year. The weather is perfect for working out more and so I'm building Summer muscle to ride my bicycle to the lake this Summer. This is the Summer to swim friends. If you are in the South US this will be a good year for swims. With El Nino popping in again this year, the water should be fresh and clean all Summer. I got the perfect smoke and MREs for the lake rides so I'm getting ready. I'm loving life.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
This is not about Creeperpark it's about learning to cope and live with PTSD. When I talk about acceptance of the present moment as being Key to peace, I'm talking about allowing things the be just the way they are now in the moment. If I fight my disability it only weakens me because it's unchangeable for me now. Everything changes in its own time. I'm waiting patiently in the present knowing everything will change anyway someday.

Don't be fooled by deception because even my condition will fade away someday soon. That's why it's a waste of time wanting things to be different than can be now. Suffering is an option and doesn't have to be a way of life because peace is everywhere in the present moment. When I spend time in the past or the future I leave the present moment and the peace that goes with it. Acceptance takes practice but it's the only true way to peace. Acceptance of old age, illness, and death is the way to freedom from suffering.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for taking the time and care to share Creeper,,,
much appreciated,,,,✌️
Nothing better then a 4-5km walk for health and the soul by the ponds and lakes in my local forest ,,
I enjoy a rainy or snowy walk as much as when the suns shining,,,,
did 3km along the Kent coast earlier today with my 🐶,,
a few spliffs and the sea air was perfect ,,,,s2

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
4 in the morning - back in London after a long haul back from Bangkok Thailand - away from that SEAsian heat and humidity - after a month of trying to stay cool out there - with regular daily temperatures of 100F and above - feels like free air-con - sitting out here on my little balcony outside - having a toke - waiting for sunrise - listening to the birds working themselves up for the dawn chorus - still kinda jetlagged - so slept early and woke early - will take the wife/kids to the gym/swim later on this Sunday - for a light workout -

Just before I left Bangkok - visited the No Man's Land coffee shop - and gave them all the 'erb I had left (about 25 grams) - for fear of being caught with it in Dubai or London - when passing thru the airports - there wasn't much left of the Amnesia Lemon Haze - since that was the variety liked most - even though the other kinds were really quite good - most of the Gorilla Bomb and Royal Gorilla - and the MAC ONE - went to the coffeeshop to be given out as freebie spliffs - and the Wild Thailand was given away earlier in the week to a friend of Wallyducks - and ICMAG contributor - who I met when Wal stopped by for breakfast with me at the Shangrila Hotel -

Cooler temperatures - and being back in the arms of my family here in the UK - make Gypsy a happy fella -

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks, Gypsy for stopping in.

One way to know if I'm exercising enough is by the numbers I get from my Lab test. If my cholesterol numbers are high then I probably need more exercise. It doesn't take a lot of exercise it only takes a little. The important thing is spaced repetition on a regular basis and not how much one does. Just do it often without missing any time and my cholesterol drops every time.

The problem with using medicine to lower cholesterol is the side effects the medicine gives. The medicine can mess with your weed buzz and make you feel not so good. IF you go for lab and get high cholesterol ask your Doctor if you can try exercising before taking statins. Here's a list of side effects.
  • headache.
  • dizziness.
  • feeling sick.
  • feeling unusually tired or physically weak.
  • digestive system problems, such as constipation, diarrhoea, indigestion or farting.
  • muscle pain.
  • sleep problems.
  • low blood platelet count.

Reactions: Gry