DonkDBZ

Going for my 1st tree style grow. Gonna be running 7 600watters

the layout
x=plant
o=light

xoxox
oxoxo
xoxox

so 8 plants 2 will get get light on all sides 2 on 3 sides and the other 4 on 2 sides.
Right now girls are around 16" tall
Using 2 600hps and 2 400cmh. would prefer 4 cmh but veg would be pretty much done by he time I got em

So to hit 6lbs+ I figure need to veg em close to 3 feet tall. So heres my questions

1- Pruneing lower shooters to get em taller faster any negative impact on yield?

2- Topping em when around 30 or so inches tall would this help increase yield?

3- Or should I leave em alone and let em run there course

D

DonkDBZ

My flower room is yet to be setup. I made that makeshift veg room in 2 hours. 10 feet of poly, a tarp zipper, window ac sitting on the floor(exhaust on other side of poly) I turned a 120 outlet into 240 threw a water heater timer on it and some C02 on a 15min on/off cycle timer. The lights was the best layout I could think of to give em close to 360 degrees of light with least amount of lights.

V

Voodoo

So to hit 6lbs+ I figure need to veg em close to 3 feet tall. So heres my questions

1- Pruneing lower shooters to get em taller faster any negative impact on yield?

1 - no. it will make the plant stretch upwards

2 - if you top multiple times, the rootstock grows continually, throwing out new shoots, which become new "main stems" and thus can (if treated correctly) produce more than a single cola, as the plant has had longer to veg. To tell you the truth, I rely more on stem size than on size of plant. Big stems wick up lots of nutrients..

3 - doing so will limit you to what the plant is able to produce at its current size, again with stem limits..

FIM FIM FIM FIM look it up and do it to every tip of every branch with new growth. It will stunt the growth temporarily but if you do it right your plants will indeed become trees. I hope you have a cage around them becuase your going to need it.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran

Why no reflectors? Seems like a lot of space (from lights to top of ceiling) that's going to be very well lit with no plants in it. Reflectors would put more lumens on your ladies. Also... why not paint the floor white as well? You're gonna spend all that money on all those lights.. why not maximize its' potential?

:2cents:

D

DonkDBZ

Why no reflectors? Seems like a lot of space (from lights to top of ceiling) that's going to be very well lit with no plants in it. Reflectors would put more lumens on your ladies. Also... why not paint the floor white as well? You're gonna spend all that money on all those lights.. why not maximize its' potential?

:2cents:

Thats just a temp veg room I threw up in my garage. I am gonna flower with 7 600's. Don't need reflectors they got plenty of light.

x=tree
0=light

x0x0x
0x0x0
x0x0x

will be final layout. just waiting on my current run to finish to redo flower room Krusty/MPB layout.

I will through a cage on em when I transplant then into some smartpots here in a couple of days

D

DonkDBZ

FIM FIM FIM FIM look it up and do it to every tip of every branch with new growth. It will stunt the growth temporarily but if you do it right your plants will indeed become trees. I hope you have a cage around them becuase your going to need it.

I tried fim suck at it.

Plants are 18" tall. Top now or let em get lil taller 1st?

foaf

Veteran

1 - I dont think that pruning lower helps them get taller faster. It can help if you expect the lower areas to be too crowded at the end, but Ive founde that too crowded doesnt mean low yeild, the buds may be spread out over more branches, and it may require more trimming.
2 - I wouldnt top, I might lst the tops to encourage the other upward growths to catch up to the main cola so that you get more similiar size tops instead of one dominant. thats what I did this time and it worked pretty well with a sativa. with indicas Ive never had to do that, they bush out and they kinda abandon the main stalk dominance with side lighting.
3- If you havent grown with this style before or this strain, leave them alone. you will have a more valid conclusion about how to adjust things next time.

D

DonkDBZ

I hate to be the pessimist, but I do not see this plan working well.

Hey no Negative Nancy's
Here is pic of girl from my 2nd run ever I LSTed her. 2 gallon Coco pot FTW. Was using drip clean with H&G nutes burned pretty clean considering I did not flush like on there feed chart.

Most of my runs have been Scrog, LST combo. So been reading lots and asking questions. So my plan will work well. The prunining I am used to is everything on the backside of the screen.

So I said fuck it tried FIM again. The strains are Green Crack and Skywalker OG.

here is the skywalker mini mom almost done in my current grow

she had been topped and backside trimmed off. her buds are thicker then the other one I grew out which did not get topped. The green crack this my 1st go at.

Krunch told me he topped the his girls 2 or 3 times in his 10k 10gallon run.

Hey no Negative Nancy's
Here is pic of girl from my 2nd run ever I LSTed her. 2 gallon Coco pot FTW. Was using drip clean with H&G nutes burned pretty clean considering I did not flush like on there feed chart.

Most of my runs have been Scrog, LST combo. So been reading lots and asking questions. So my plan will work well. The prunining I am used to is everything on the backside of the screen.

So I said fuck it tried FIM again. The strains are Green Crack and Skywalker OG.

here is the skywalker mini mom almost done in my current grow

she had been topped and backside trimmed off. her buds are thicker then the other one I grew out which did not get topped. The green crack this my 1st go at.

Krunch told me he topped the his girls 2 or 3 times in his 10k 10gallon run.

i was going to say go ahead a topp now but it looks like you said you went with FIM, good call and yes krunch is right i also FIM or "train" multiple times in the veg cycle. Just get a cage around them now it will save you so much shit in the end

D

DonkDBZ

i was going to say go ahead a topp now but it looks like you said you went with FIM, good call and yes krunch is right i also FIM or "train" multiple times in the veg cycle. Just get a cage around them now it will save you so much shit in the end

I am waiting on the smartpots I ordered. Got to go to lowes or home depot and pick up a 50' roll of 2x4 wire mesh. I love vert no wasting money on stupid ass hoods.

anyone know where too find plastic table like this

its 17x17x15 tall and would be perfect to set plant on top of. I have no clue where I got it from years ago.

solarz

I was just curious as to how you went about converting your 120 ouTlet to a 240. I have a 20 amp outlet i want to convert to 240.