What's new

Project Pale Ale; an 11g DWC (8)42w CFL Dresser

irie4i

Eek! I came home after about 9 hours of unsupervised-ness. Here is what I saw:

[pictures lost]

What's up with the yellow spots!? Can touching a leaf with nuted water from your res do this? I know I've swapped bottles out before, and with wet hands handled some leaves in this area. Can specks of water from your hands possibly splash it? Is it possible I burned the leaf when I lifted the cover up to change frozen bottles? This happened since early.

Last edited:

Agent-Smith

It's possible to burn the leaf with water droplets but I'm not sure if that is what happened. These two RS phenos seem to have spots on their leaves, so I think it is more of a trait than a problem.....kinda like some humans have freckles and some don't :D

irie4i

I was hoping someone would show up and say, "it's okay"; now I feel much better :D Pheno traits are always quirky -- knowing that I probably didn't do anything wrong is a huge weight off my shoulders. As an aside the growth is awesome; a quick side-by-side of yesterdays and today's pictures speaks volumes about her potential!

irie4i

Day 11 is here, the growth looks so dramatic I wanted to share, also, you finally get to see my screen. Keep in mind that I'm fairly certain I'll be taping off those pointy metal bits, so they don't rip anything. It sure was a pain in the ass to even find 1"x1" metal screen; so I just clipped it into 2"x2"(slightly larger).

E'nuff talk

picture.php
I grew a bush :woohoo:

picture.php
aforementioned pointy bits...

picture.php
the "top"

picture.php
This is going to be a thick trunk...

picture.php
This is just about 2 and 1/4" scale

picture.php
Growth shot from the "top"

Also, pretty well much lightsealed the main room, now I just have to cut vents in my utility space and light-tight the top door and it's all addback and tender ScroG-ing. The flip 12/12 is probably going to happen within the next 7 days(or whenever my carbon scrubber gets finished......)

:joint: thanks for watching

Agent-Smith

Looking good bro. She might need a little more than 7 days judging by her size atm, but we'll see, she's still stacking roots right now, I'm sure she's probably got about twice as many roots as your last picture by now lol. :D

Agent-Smith

LOL, I told you she puts down massive amounts of roots :D Just wait till she gets halfway into flowering, you will have a root mass that will FILL the top of that container :woohoo:

[m8]

Veteran
looking nice!

what is the temp on screen, you try to move bulbs near him ? cfls are not so hot...

Spicoli

Client of Wu-Tang Financial. You need to diversify
Veteran
Nice grow and setup irie, real proper and clean...Plant looks very healthy...I'll stick around for this one

irie4i

It's hard to gauge the temp on the screen since my thermo dosn't test the ambient temperature of the air but more the direct influence of the light on the physical unit. More or less, temps near the screen are about ~80, usually 84 at the hottest. The further the lights get from my res the better my water temps stay(now when I get back from my 7 hour unsupervised period the temps are never above 76). Normally those temps would worry me ALOT but, as you can see, the plant and roots are still fine. I'm dropping water temps every time I can so they never stay consistantly high for more than an hour(two max).

Thanks for the props and respect; untill I flip into flower I'll keep weekly/twice weekly updates for growth and screen progress.

irie4i

The mondate

The mondate

Monday update, since that was my trend.

Added back 1gal of RO with 1.5ml of FNB; hopefully I can run a full crop without a res swap; the system can handle another gal but I am playing it slow.

This afternoon I looked for some fan leaves to clip, got about 3 confidently. Although bushy all the leaves are finding light somewhere, I'll feel more confident in a couple more days once I see my screen edges filling in. You can't really identify them from the pics but the newest growth on the left and right sides are throwing their first 7 leaf fans. Exciting news for me as the parts nessecary for carbon scrubber will be together soon. 12/12 seems so close but so far away. On with the show

picture.php
overall

picture.php
some branch shots

picture.php
most of the main stem and closeup

picture.php
left side canopy developing, the "top"

picture.php
right side canopy still moving along

picture.php
sexeh

picture.php
mmmmmm :)

Agent-Smith

I'm looking back at pictures from only 1 week ago and laughing. The root difference is crazy and the plant is like 4 times the size it was a week ago. You are doing an amazing job your first time irie, I contribute it to your being very attentive and listening well. :D Looks like 7 days or less for the flip. Once the screen is 75% full, flip it. The first week will be spent filling the rest of the screen, and the second week getting to their designated holes. Do a trim on the stems of all but the top nodes right before she goes through the screen but keepthe fans on. Once she stretches all the tops through the screen and starts building new growth that shades the lower area, chop off the rest of the growth below the screen. That final trim she be around week 3 while the stem trimming should be around week 2. She's gonna be a monster bro, I can't wait :D

irie4i

Thanks smith, terry and scrubninja; this growth is mind-blowing! The seed is actually a clone from Rosetta Stone; as you can see her root growth is borderline obscene. Some of these roots are probably almost an 8 gauge width.

Stay tuned for more goodness!

irie4i

Awesome, thanks exSet! Cheezebud, those bottles are frozen water -- the only thing keeping my rez inside of an acceptable range to prevent alge(so far working perfectly fine).

Also, tonight, my plant appeared to drink nearly a gallon of water, added back a total of 3ml FNB and 2 gallons RO. This concerns me slightly, but my 7 leaf leaf-lings are almost full fledged fans now; so this makes me happy. Maybe 1.25ml/gal FNB is making the roots drink faster-- maybe they just wanted more nutes since I added some last night. Either way, almost frightening. Stay tuned for the show-- she's gonna be HUGE. :joint:

Also, worth the addendum, several fan leaves are well over 7 inches long, possibly over 10.

irie4i

Scrubber: Done

First day of 12/12; ph of 5.85 and an EC of 2.4(1600 @ 7 TDS). This is kind've a "wait and see" phase since the res is fully added back, once I see an EC of ~2 should be the time I addback about 1.5ml of raw nute(PH dependant).

Other than that, slight raise in cab temps(from 82 to 86) since the scrubber went on, however looks/feels like a pretty good exhaust rate all the same; we'll see what needs to happen. Pics coming soon; sooner hopefully than later.

Latest posts

Latest posts