What's new

Project EDEN - the COCO-COOP

B

bonecarver_OG

the jamaicans i havent grown out before. :D its fun waiting to see how they go :D

B

bonecarver_OG

:D

today i started with a small experiment based on the molasses theory.. anyway more details when i know if its making a difference or not.

the 3 plants left unsexed have come far enough into flowering, and today finaly some preflowers have apeared. 2 females and one male.

the male is one more Verde Limon male - and it went quickly to the male room.

the two females are;

Congo

Mangarosa x Banghi

the rest of the floewring ladies are doing well.

all plants are reacting well to the lower nute feedings, besides the 2 CT x PTK that seem to like even less nutes. also the CTxPTK are a bit sensitive to the ph down and this grow is turning into an experiment in that field also. ph i use is around 6.5.

CTxPTK 2 is taking of quite nicelly into flowering, even though it has 2 tops the buds are developing quicker than in her sister. not too much visual resin, not yet.

the DG x LP (B) is vigorously jumping into flowering, and is looking atleast twice as productive than her sister, or, atleast going to be an earlier pheno.

the jamaican lot, the beeniemans choise and the negril comercial, are both behaving extremelly well under indoor conditions, they are as vigorous and resinous as the rest. in some way they look special, resin is developing on all leaf growing out now and soon enough the nugs are going to look nice.. it is easy to see this strains have been well selected - atleast talking about the beeniemans, because both plants are extremelly similar.

the ALIBIS are also vigorously starting to build up, both bud size and resin content. the short pheno has quite a bit of resin, and might end up quite frosty indeed..

the SSH x LP is developing with an unexpected velocity, beeing a quite sativa dominat cross.. the bud sites are forming up quickly..

the smallest SSH x PTK is very vigorous at this stage of flowering. her sister the most vigorous growthwise, has now branches well over 30cm and even more in some cases. it looks like she likes to have space.. i hope it is because she gets big nugs :D

the Jotake that was pink one weeke ago is now getting strongly dark purple in the tips. looke like it might become the MOST purple marijuana i have grown INDOORS. the tonality is almost touching to BLACK.

the 2 guatemalan ladys, the jungle variety petenera, has both started flowering and the growth in heigth has maybe slowed down a little bit.

the ECSD x OGK is starting to look like something extremelly special. i have never seen plants that behave like this, it is obvious the parents have been well selected for indoor growing, since these miniature bushes has minimum stretch, and the branching seems to be also quite controlled. at the moment the tips are starting to get white hairs, and actually its not untill now i notice a growth rate id say is vigorous. this strain has to be tried outdoors, since if it works out well - with the light intensity you find outdoors here, it might become a darn compact ball with a serious need of pruning undergrowth..

at the moment the least interseting ones are the jamaica uzbekistan - there is just something about the bud-structure i dont like, it looks too airy to be worthwile. nevertheless, they smell VERY nice indeed, and im not doubting potency. these might make an excellent oil in worst case.

also quite exiting is the experiment. its based on the idea mollasses contain vital minerals easilly available for plants.. its getting well proven and i thought id doesnt hurt with a small experiment..

the thing is here in spain molasses is not a product that can be found on the shelf in the supermarket, so i have been looking for alternatives, and doing some research.

i found a raw sugar product based in sugar cane juice, called "panela" this is a common sweeter in south america. well panela contains all the vitamines and minerals of the sugarcane wich amongst others are, P, K, iron, a few vitamin B's and a little bit more. the thought is to give it in a small dose and see if it helps in bud production.

dosage - about a teaspoon sized chunk got disolved in hot water, and then 10 ml of this was aplied together with a small dose of PK 5ml (1/3) in 10 liters also normal nutricion program dose was taken down to 70%.

i aim to give this product every few waterings, and also every now and then weaker doses of PK 13-14.

flushing is an essential part of the plan, and every 3rd watering or every 2nd time plain water will be used.

transplanted one more clone of the SSH x PTK keeper - now there is only 3 left of that one, and then there is one more clone of an other SSHx PTK, yet not tested properly, but sexed.

it does not seem any males will be ready for this round - they are flowering very slowly in the room they are in.. lack of light... but sooner or later they will drop some pollen and then i will be ready..

i think i will dedicate certain clones of SSH x PTK for the future crosses im planning. i will need several to test the SSH x LP males. maybe its an idea to make a few beans of SSH/PTK x Verde Limon.... who knows how that would turn out,.. if the potency of the mom gets passed on, and if the growth speed picks up its a good start..

also im considering if its an idea to make Petenera (guatemala) x Verde Limon (mexico)..

peace!

peace

B

bonecarver_OG

with 15 strains, and 31 females its easy to go crazy and do too many crosses - and afterwards i wouldnt have time to grow them all.. so i have to be selective.

so many alternatives..

the main goal is to make seeds that will give an offspring that is as similar as possible to out keeper, or with any small variation of improvements and or flavours etc.. i mean i dont mind as long as the high and yield doesnt go down. so in first place i will be looking into different males and how they work with her.

on the side it will obvious be very dificult to limit on self to only that, growing out all these varieties and strains, so one has to alove oneself a few experimental crosses.

it pops to my mind maybe a ECSD x OGK male could be interesting material.. maybe it can change a lot the growth pattern of some stretchy sativa..

also there is some things i got in my collection i seriously want to make more seeds of..

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
bonecarver, you can get organic molasses based nutes here, also suitable for coco (just not for dripping as I guess it will clog the lines) specially suited for flowering, look for Atami's ATA "flavor" (guess it will be "flavour" in the US). According to the spanish site, it's based on "remolacha" molasses (beetroot) and not expensive... cheapest place I found here is Zocosur (Granada), they have an online shop.

Their Growing schedule suggests about 1ml/L on the 2 flowering weeks before the latest. It's mainly K...

What does ECSD stand for??

BTW, in your opinion which are the most interesting (not ripoffs) Spanish Banks?

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

at the moment i dont feel like buying a comercial molasses for growing - since in the end its most likelly pretty much the same thing, BUT a lot more expensive.

if i note any negative effects i will obviously not continue :D

but if it can save me 10 euro its good :D i know there is atamis flavour and other products in the grow shop - but since my aim is not to enhance the flavour (it allready gets tops anyway) im just after that litle extra soft aditive that wont harm the plants in the long run.

i ahve tried different floewring aditives during my days and really most dont do much at all.

in other words :D im a sceptic :D

never trust a growing schedule! :D always go 50% or less dose :D its safer :D

ECSD is EAST COAST SOUR DIESEL if im not wrong. OGK is OG kush

as far as i know there is only 2 trustworthy spanish banks, its Cannabiogen and ACE
- the rest i wouldnt trust for 5 cent.

ive been here too long to know the score :D

peace mate!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
bonecarver_OG said:
at the moment i dont feel like buying a comercial molasses for growing - since in the end its most likelly pretty much the same thing, BUT a lot more expensive.

if i note any negative effects i will obviously not continue :D

but if it can save me 10 euro its good :D i know there is atamis flavour and other products in the grow shop - but since my aim is not to enhance the flavour (it allready gets tops anyway) im just after that litle extra soft aditive that wont harm the plants in the long run.

i ahve tried different floewring aditives during my days and really most dont do much at all.

in other words :D im a sceptic :D

I noticed that :) keep us informed about that molasses you tried!

never trust a growing schedule! :D always go 50% or less dose :D its safer :D

Yep, I learnt that from you :) I use Atami B'cuzz A+B but add the minimum dosage, which turns up to be EC 1.0, and my plants look fine...

ECSD is EAST COAST SOUR DIESEL if im not wrong. OGK is OG kush

"Sour" + "diesel" doesn't sound to me like being tasteful, but people seems to praise it, does it really taste like that???

as far as i know there is only 2 trustworthy spanish banks, its Cannabiogen and ACE
- the rest i wouldnt trust for 5 cent.

ive been here too long to know the score :D

peace mate!

Noted :) Cannabiogen seems to be related with LMN?

thanks for the tips!

B

bonecarver_OG

i never tried to smoke sourdiesel so i dont know yet really if its a nice smoke or not.. but it sure is a niec plant at the moment!

i dont know what relation LMN had in the seedbanks mentioned, but i dont think he had anything at all to do with them the last decade or so. as far as i know..

B

bonecarver_OG

i took a bunch off pics.. doesnt seem like the upload is going very well.. so im gonna write meanwhile..

todays check shows the 2 last plants usexed have been sexed.. one of the ssh x lp is a female and the other ssh x lp is a male.. male got moved to the malesroom and the female is in veg to continue growing..

the females in veg are growing very well.. they seem to love the light intensity in there for veg.. tied down a few of them a bit more today since they had stretched a lot since last tying session. same with the SSH x PTK keeper moms - they got also the strings tightened. they are definetly growing out of space.. i will look into remodeling the vegspace to lower the trays.

i separated 10 clones to a space with more light, but further away, to get them to stretch a bit.. the thing is im going to give them away - so i need to get them to be atleast 25-30 tall..

i prepared for transplanting 6 big clones i will veg big and use in next flowering, left will be a bunch that will get vegged for longer time in the smaller pots they are in, mostly because i dont have more pots.

in the flowering room the big girls are getting hairier by the day, and there is also a lot of resin starting to show up in a lot of places..

one odd thing is the fact there is a lot of brown hairs on ONE plant only - and i presume it is some kind of defect on the plant - since there is no males nor have i seen any hermies in the flowering room.. i will look into how things continue..

but honestly its a shame the bud shape is so airy on the jamaica uzbekistan, since the calyx of the preflowers are gigantic. also the few calyx in the buds are very resinous and it smells very strongly. but if it wont gt any bud to talk about there is only one goal for that one and her sister that looks pretty much the same.. BHO is the saviour for strains with bad buds...

comparing the jamaica x uzbekistan from LMN, it is clear the Jamaican selected can not be from too elite selection, rather it might be some od colombian sativa..

but also it is uderstandable 99,99% of all people wont even get close to the elite high-grade in jamaica, and i can see the dificulties.. to get to mainstream cultivations is easy, since its almost something you can get guided tours to.. but then those grow ops wont be the serious ones obviously..

we all know by now about the origins of the jamaican rastafari movement and the marijuana the workers brought with them from india.. but since the day the first rasta could go travelling the holland, for sure a lot of seeds of different varieties got brought in.

also surelly there has been a selective breeding of jamaican strains, but the rastafis and pot smokers in general have always been loking for something more potent, so a lot of sensi star, skunk and JAH knows what has been growing on the island.. the fact a lot of reggae concerts are held each year in holland makes the artists have possibilities to try a lot of different kinds and im sure they would buy seeds of interesting varieties..

so what i want to come to is the favourites of the jamaicans could be any dutch or american/canadian genetics mixed in. frankly - we will just never know for sure unless i go back and find the breeder..

anyway this far the elite jamaicans have looked so good i wont have trouble to grow out more of them later.. and yeah.. i got maybe a few hundred or even thousand seeds left so.. no stress..

im sure next journey my friend goes to jamaica she will bring back something else interesting..

the seeds i got are from one year back, so theyshould keep a good while more hopefully.

last but not least - one of the MangaRosa x Banghi is growing very columnar and has very little branching. it growing tall and i expect maybe this plant to first stretch like hell and the start spreading out.. because a columnar sativa with little branching is not common as far as I know.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
anyway this far the elite jamaicans have looked so good i wont have trouble to grow out more of them later.. and yeah.. i got maybe a few hundred or even thousand seeds left so.. no stress..

whoa! :) how do you keep the seeds? in the fridge?

B

bonecarver_OG

yeah :D in the fridge is the only place where they keep well in the heat and humidity we got here in the region :D

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
bonecarver_OG said:
yeah :D in the fridge is the only place where they keep well in the heat and humidity we got here in the region :D

How do you store them? Guess inside an airtight container? won't the firidge humidity condensate inside?

B

bonecarver_OG

i was just moving the pots a bit to get more light to some plants.. and i brushed against a CT x PTK and suddenly everything was smelling like PEAR flavoured chewingum or something. very fruity flavour, sweet and nice. this one is more resinous this far than the other.

in general buds are becoming like fingertips in size.. soon its gonna start to get going properly :D

the SSH x PTK keeper bush flowering is jus keeping to build up fat calyxes. im in for a treat with that one :D

the SSH x LP is budding up super quick and is most likelly going to be a nice yielder. or atleast i hope so hehe

an other nice yielder seems to be the smallest of the new SSH x PTK. she is budding up nicelly with a very low leaf to bud ratio, unlike her sisters that have HUGE leafs, leafs that are bigger than an 12" vinyl..

the other 2 SSH PTK are coming on nicelly, one of them is more developed still compared to the other, but the last one to develop might be interesting too. i remember from the first grow of these i made, that there were small phenos that were very potent, but the biggest slowest pheno was not a good smoke.

maybe this time its variations of same phenos, or all new phenos alltogether.

the Jamaica uzbekistan is not looking better budwise.. its getting more resing but the bud is non existent and scarse,.. it looks more like loose calyx on a stick. its funny because i know a lot of people in the sativa thread woulg go nuts and think it looks good.. but i know my shit and this one is not going to be a good smoke.. instead of cutting them allready - im gonna bit by bit push them into a far corner and hope they get enough resinous material atleast for a BHO extraction.

the beenie mans and the negril comercial are developing nicelly and are promising! a lot of resin this early will only mean good things...

one of the peteneras is starting to bud.. the other has some hairs but is still getting slightly taler.. well both are growing - but it seems the one with a lot of hairs in the tips is stretching a slight bit slower than the other.

the alibis are looking good. both the tall and the short pheno. the shorter one seems to be developing quite nice top.. the tall one is also starting to bud and it looks good...

the DG x LP is the same deal as before - the more developed one continues the lead, although the other one is starting to get more hairs. i think im going to get 2 very different phenos here.. at the moment it looks like the vigorous budding pheno is going to be a winner..

the Thai/mex x banghin are growing quick.. they looks like they are going to keep towering up to become strong thick stemmed columnar sativas.

the tall Verde Limon is going to be a nice girl.. the males dont like the male room too much.. maybe its the cold temps.. cant doo much about that at the moment.. the two shorter VL's are looking very different to the tall one.

the ECSD x OGK are starting to develop buds in all tips - its going to be a funny looking plant when done... soo many tips in such a small space..

the Mangarosa Banghi are going for it - stretching up and up.. lets see when and how they get when they start to flower...

the blueberry blockhead looks good.

the Jotake is looking good altough it doesnt look too vigorous in the bud production..

its all very early and there is a lot of time left..

just chillin and waiting for the harvests..

on the other hand in the vegroom the confirmed females are vegging to a big size, some quicker than others but all growing me out of space slowly but surelly. everyday im tying new branches that have reached the fluoros..

one of the confirmed females is a ssh x lp with a bit odd behaviour, its not likeing the treatment the rest is getting, and it got all kinds of signs of trouble. i dont think there is anything i can do besides wait for it to grow out of it.

the clones of SSH x PTK of the keeper are getting tall and thick stemmed - the biggest are allready almost 25 cm and in a few days i will transplant them.

a week or so back when i was tying and bending fems in veg, one tip got bad looking from supercropping, and i put her to clone.. well she got roots sticking out all over the place allready and tomorow or late tonight i might transplant it.

the moms are growing too quick.. well atleast one of them is very vigorous and i got to adjust its strings every day.

the males are not looking too good - some of them seem ok - but a few look like they dont like the conditions they are in.. well maybe if im lucky they will finish of quicker so i can collect the dust..

i took pics this weekend but coulnt upload them ..., but since we are allready into a new week, i will just wait a few days and take new pics and try to upload them.

i got a feeling im going to do very many bud shots this grow :D nice to practise a bit with the cam..

peace all

B

bonecarver_OG

some pics

the flowering room

2 ecsd x odk

our keeper SSH x PTK

look at those fat calyx this early on.. they are swallowing the hairs :jump:

Naut did a good job with his Alibi selection... she is just ruling the whole growr room.. a mean Queen in green

jamaican and Blockberry (jamaican on the left)

lots of other plants are filling up.. a lot of resin everywhere.. several of the new strains and phenos have very resinous fan leaves. the most remarkable got to be the tall alibi.

the SSH x PTK are getting resin - the small and the big pheno are the most developed. there is a lot of difference inbetween certain phenos.. its getting fun! the smallest is getting nice calyx to leaf ratio

the CT x PTK continues to fatten up bit by bit. a fair deal of resin is developing, on fan leaves etc..

the blockberry is starting to look very good :D i know Xyz does good work so it should be a potent one :D

the jamaican negril is looking nice and slowly developing resin - while the beeniemans are getting more resinous quicker.

the SSH x LP is looking like a very fast or productive pheno. she is getting going fast...

the VL is starting to enter flowering.

the peteneras have started to bud.

the Jotake is the tallest plant in the room. its got nice looking color on the calyx - but tis early to say if its going to get potent or not.

the huge alibi is by far the most resinous. ther smaller sister is looking like a small but very productive pheno. al in all both look very different but very promising.

the DG x Lp are slowly developing new hairs. the earlier pheno is filling up a bit ..

one of the jamaica x uzbekistan is looking like it might actually develop small nugs. going to be fun to see how it goes..

the ECSD have stopped to stretch (lol - like 5 cm all in all) and gone in to flowering mode. they look like they are preparing togive a lot of nugs.. small or big.. time will tell. but anyway it should look funny later on in flowering..

----

i transplanted the 6 biggest clones of the keeper.. they are going to be fore producing smoke in next round.. the smaller clones left will be for making seeds i think..should use one clone for each male.

i had to re-order a bit in the veg department to get space for the clones in the higher light intensity fluoro space.

the moms are growing like crazy since the transplant and they got stems thick as my thumb at the base.. they are only recieving 15ml A/B 10L

all the fems in veg are bushing up at a rate i didnt really expect hehe :D they are soon going to grow out of their spaces hehe - i might have to prune them a bit more soon..

most of the seedlings are growing out the second pair of leafs.. going to veg them all for about 2-3 months more... should get time to grow BIG

peace

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

this first grow in the new space is looking healthier than any grow i had i think. and i never used less nutes.. thanks Zoo for the tip!