What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Project EDEN - the COCO-COOP

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah been thinking about making a bubbler for fun too stepinrazor.

boncarver, i use those plastic trays with a see through dome, with ventilation slits in the plastic dome. i use rockwool tampons in trays, with clonex cloning gel. took them all while in veg.

thanks for the tip about higher temps and faster roots with 24 hours of light. i will only turn them off when i open them to let them breath some fresh air every day or two. i haven't had to make clones in the middle of winter for a long time lol.

bullseye

dont talk about clones 7 days and not a bump ,i trimed the bottom of my ladies and was given a aero cloner to try should of stuck to rockwool

G

thanks for the tips bc. cold here , so i ll add some extra warmth next time. i m same as gm, propagator with rw or rr cubes. good rate, 90+ , just seems slow lately . temps maybe the key :yes:
probably been done many times , but i added an air stone to a shallow tray , to create bubbles to try to raise humidity in closet. i noticed a real fine spray/mist above the water level and thought this would be ideal for cloning? just sit another shallow tray "upside down" on top with holes for the clones to be pampered in fine mist? no pump in tray to create heat issues , just sit tray on heat mat at desired temp ? cheap n cheerfull :D

peace.........sr

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
bullseye said:
dont talk about clones 7 days and not a bump ,i trimed the bottom of my ladies and was given a aero cloner to try should of stuck to rockwool

hehe, i know the feeling, but 7 days isn't that long for most strains. in fact in my rw plug in trays system it normally takes 2 weeks. some times even 3 weeks for those difficult to clone strains. the EZ cloner should be a bit faster then the old fashioned way with small rock wool cubes. i'm sure you will start seeing roots any time.

yeah stepinrazor, i plan to use an air pump and a long air stone which will be in my bubble cloner keeping that water aerated so the bubbles splash and stimulate the roots to grow. i got the air pump and air stone as well as a light proof hard plastic tray with a perfect fitting lid. this will be my experimental bubble cloner, just to see it it makes things go faster, in which case i might make a bigger one.

B

bonecarver_OG

gaius - funny huh it works better cloning in summer :D something that doesnt work here is planting seeds indoors in august. they get basicly cooked even if theyare in the window. 40 is definelty too muchh hehehe

i let my clones breath a few times a day - i open them and change air inside and spray the walls and lid to replace the humidity. i use distilled water mixed with tapwater to spray them. i allways keep the botom well humid. it works well even without rhizotonic or hormones. but yeah we have here about 80% air humidity year around. it definetly helps im sure. most ppl that i knew on OG like the swamp grower cant remeber his nick - never even sprayed or cut leaf etc. or not covered them either

so i have stopped cutting leaf too. i see them as humidity reserves for the plants to use first and then they will definetly help them to use the smooth light to grow the roots with :D

clones with smaler leaf take longer time than bigger leafed ones too. the smaler the clone is the longer time it takes to root. its possible to do micro clones that basicly are just the growing tip less than 1/4 inch to clone but takes monhts to get anywhere.

i used before clonex gel and even clonex rooting matrix , and even the powders they use for trees shrubs etc and i honestly never noticed a difference with or without them. thats the interesting part.

buble cloners are fun to build i made 3 and then i just left it for other ideas. i still use the pumps and trays etc but for other things. imaginative DIY rox its so funny to transform things :D

i must say with my bubbler s only half of the clones went ok. the problem ws i trusted them too much maybe.

also i heard about ppl ading hormones to the water of the bubbler units. i had in my bigest bubler i made 5-6 aistones. looked like boiling water. but not even that worked well.

and rootsdont have to have it too dark to grow - in our containers the roots can be several inches long in the light but humid - before we transplant to coco

peace all :D

Last edited:
G

damn now I regret giving away two of the sshxsweetblue, just ordered the homebox xl. And I bet I could have squeezed them in lol! Its gonna be so nice getting a new cabinet, I´ll use the old one for veg instead. The old was 130x80x200 the homebox is 120x120x200 so my plants will get some air around them, theire pretty crowded now lol!
MY Only concern is the lights, I´m just wondering if 2x400 w is the way to go or should I get a 600 or a 1000w to use instead. One things for sure I´m gonna have to remove those ballasts from the hoods now. Dont think the tents roof can handle like 15kg or something.

I´ll see vend on friday man, so the beans are on your way shortly;)

B

bonecarver_OG

a 600 will work to begin with as long as u try to group the plants up a litle :D my previous space was 180 x 180 with 600W - of course more lights mean bud thats true :D

peace all!

B

bonecarver_OG

almost got busted hehehe!!!!!!

two cops woke me up banging on the door showing me their license - damn i got a bit nervous - but i bet the steady flow of tranquilazisers and painkillers made me so calm - i just put away the smoke things and went for the door. - i was naked so i didnt let them in really - but i realized i hadnt closed the growroom door... anyway the cops were asking about some guy thats called jesus thats making lots of noise - thedamn idiot i have up stairs,,, if id gotten busted because of that wife beating motherfook - he would be out before me. 200 plants is not small potatoes...

dang i got nervous - i have to smoke - but i dont dare - because they might still be there... hehe ill go smoke now :D

peace and hope it all goes well

B

bonecarver_OG

yeah me too :D but they looked so surprised with my not spanish look - and the nam jesus didnt really go well together to start with.

at the moment my plants dont smell too much.

the neighbour upstairs seems to be some kind of addict and wife beater. they kan go on suddenly 3 untill 6 in the morning yelling crying throwing things and good knows what. i hope its not going to be one of the sad cases here in spain with men killing their women. its terrible. i rather get busted and get a fine or a few months time - i got a good story to tell - and i dont sell.. - rather than having that poor woman killed or something. we just want to get out of here.

in may they start with my house - in october i can move in :D and settle m y gea up somewhere relaxed and peace full. finally my woman has come to the understanding i need my weed, and i got to have and im not buying crap. so my medicion goes first of all. soon i bet it wil even be legalzed here in spain. i do no harm to no one :D im just a rastaman :D hehe :D gotto try to take a nap - im still recovering from the surgery and since im not bad enough to get shot with heavy duty medicins anymore - i rather just take a valium, smoke and try to sleep. - not to think about the pain.

jah bless

peace all :D

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
holy shit bonecarver! glad it went ok, imagine if you'd been wake and baking when they arive? so glad they were not nosey bastards and proabably just doing their job, without looking for more work, lol.

G

Damn man, you made my heart race over here for a minute lol! Glad they were´nt looking for you bro.
I´m gonna use one of my 400´s with the 600, just wondering if it would be better with one 1000w. But the 1000 Watters are so expensive and I allready have the 400 with a decent reflector, I can always buy another 600 ballast for my 400 reflector later on. Then I´ll have 2x600, witch sounds perfect to me hehe.
I´ll give vend some early ryders to try outside in Spain, theire f2´s of the original cross I made. And should give you a great selection of phenos to choose from, some will autoflower and some not.;)

B

bonecarver_OG

first thing - i had a loook of suffering and i told them i was recently from surgery and the didnt seem to wanna bother me :D

but going to get those automatic air-refresher to put in the door - just to make sure it allways smells ok there :D those things cover the smell of anything :D

its been some comotion upstairs lol hope the dude is gonna get more quite now..

gaius - in spain i am allowed to be smoking in my home in privacy - its not illegal to be stoned either so no problem that way but yeah - imagine opening the door with a big spliff in ur hand.. no good. :D hehehe

holygong - im sure modifying a 400w reflector u can use it well with a 600 bulb. ii hope to get able to transplate soon - maybe start tomorow preparing and gonna need to do BIG shopping soon :( 1 x 600W, carbonfilter, the 1x 2m tray, a dimmer for the extractor) and then i think ill just buy the pumps and do the flowering in about a month. i just cant buy it all at one go. lets see :D

peace all

ive been closer to get busted in a more ebarrasing smuglin attempt but it went well too - atleast now i dont feel like a criminal :D and i got a face of a good boy :D

peace and JAH BLESS!

:D

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

im in the middle of a gigantic transplanting process. got most done today of the seedlings - now there is still a bunch left that might need some time to see if i should discard them or not. im having too many plants anyway - but i allways find it hard to kill those tiny creatures when they are not good enough or in a bad state. :D

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

big changes in the plan.. :(

after the surgery i run short of cash and i cant buy more grow equipment. - so the 2nd 600 W and more trays, new pump and drippers, will have to wait untill i move into my house. so the number of seedlings will be cut down a bit harder than i would have wanted. i will grow what i can fit on my 2 trays - and then a few on the floor around the trays. also on the floor around the trays i will have my ssh x ptk clones, and the mom-bushes i want to flower.

the ssh x ptk clones are transplanted 2 and 2 in 7 liter pots - and before flowering they will get transplanted to 12 liter pots. there will be enough root space - concerning the slowveggers they are.

the kalimist x astroboy clones will get transplanted all 20 of them to a 70 liter container. or bigger. its basicly going to be a big box meant for fruit transport - made out of plastic. its all full of holes - so everything besides the botom of it i will put some black plastic on. this will be their home untill harvest - it should give 20 ok kolas :D depending on the size they get during veg - :D they have all more or less been topped to keep the canopy as even as possible. later on i will most likelly try to separate them with netting or similar to give more light to the inside of the bushy thing. but only if it seems necesary. but i bet i will have to do something. they will be tight as h*ll in there :D hehe

ok the moms:

the big bush (really 3x in 1 pot) of kalimist x astroboy is going to get transplanted into a 50 liter pot. this will be its veg and flowering container.

the mom of SSH x PTK will get vegged untill 2 weeks from now. it will also get repotted to a 25liter container - and in 2 weeks some of its branches will be cut and taken into lots of clones.

i have already separated 3 future moms of the SSH x PTK. they have been planted one and one into smaler pots. they will be moved into the separate veg space.

later when i switch the plants flowering i will move the fluoro gear into our main bedroom where i will setup a veg space - there the future moms and clones will be ok - and hopefully not disturb us too much - thank jah for my girlfriend being nice to me

the current veg thing is a 7 x 18 w fluoro container in two floors. nextto it i will build something like 2 shelfs with 4 x 36W fluoro tubes each. nothing too much. this is only for the clones that are going to get rooted in soil - to prepare them for a few friends out-door grows. all my future moms will also be vegged together with them.

cutting down the number of plants will be the most difficult thing. and i wont start throwing out any untill next weekend when the next check up is going to be. i got now 98 seedlings in 1l pots - and before i transplant them further - i need to start getting the numbers down... i cant buy many pots at all so i will have to select the most interesting and healthy looking ones. ill push it with 30 pots to flowering and it will be tight as hell. - hope fully i select mostly girls. :D

as i said - i wont make seeds this time - but i will keep a clone of the most interesting looking males for further fun. that is - if any of the ones i keep for flowering will be males. the risk is high - since i will keep my dc, ptk and special mix to flowering -and if any of those are males :D ... i keep em anyway.

i hope to not have to veg my plants for flowering them with the fluoros for more than one week more - maximum. and then veg them with the hps instead for one week and then hopefully switch to flowering :D

thats all my thoughts for today :D

G

Hey Bone, please becareful with those people upstair's. I hope everything pans out and you relocate soon. It will be alot better and safer. Man, I hope your heath goes well also. You sure do got alot going on and i hope the very best. I sure love watching your thread. Can't wait to be in Spain also. I'll be making sure to stop in asap once in town.
Take care and stay safe,
BG

Veda Beta

Hey bone, stopping for your expertise on the SSH X PTK, wanted to know if you ever had a specimen this SSH leaning ?

Thanks,

-V.B

B

bonecarver_OG

GDW - thanx dude :D yeah man im carefull :D

VB -wow - no i dont think so, looks so sativa! -lets see if it also gets the density of buds from the ptk part :D intersting look!

gotto plant some day the rest of the seeds i got of that :D

peace all!!!

G

Hey man hope you dont shed any tears during selection :badday: its a rainy day everytime I have to kill one of theese beautifull creations of nature.
Thank God you have so many to choose from :bat: hehe

Here´s the sshxsweet blue I kept for myself its about 2 months and 3 weeks from seed, it was flowered from seed in a 3liter pot. It will yield very well considering potsize and age, its 65cm tall to give ya a clue. Its starting to look good already, I´ve never grown ssh so have no clue how much ssh is in this pheno. It doesnt look like any of the sweet blue´s i´ve grown for sure. :yummy:
11322P1020032.JPG

11322P1020031-med.JPG

11322P1020029.JPG

11322P1020025.JPG

11322P1020024.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts