What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Project EDEN - the COCO-COOP

Cloneman

Veteran
Bonecarver, May you have a happy/dank new year.

I've just finished my first coco (DTW) run, with a automated dripper system I made, love it. Needed tree loppers to fell them....

Happy 8th birthday to the SSH/PTK, funnily enough I kept the SSH mum for about 8years, had to shoot her in the end she was so tough.

Keep on mate, all the best

B

bonecarver_OG

cloneman, I wish the same for you!

coco is really nice medium to grow in, glad u tried it out and it worked well!

that SSH must have been a gem, she sure did have nice offspring! must have been a tough decision to make :D

the best to you too!

B

bonecarver_OG

:( spain is changing the laws concerning cannabis. the fines go up 300%. this country is worse by the day. minimum fine for getting cought with a spliff is going to be 1001 euro.

its just crazy.

the good news is i got a new electrical company and i now pay only 30 % from ten in the night to 12 next day. this means that changing the cycle to night-time means my grow op only will cost a third of what it used to. im stoked about that... saves a lot of money for me now that im unemployed...

peace!

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
It's been a while Bone!
Nice to see you always busy and keeping this thread alive!
If you believe that Spain laws are bad you should move to Italy LOL
Too bad things are getting worst in almost all the EU.

Good luck!

=K

B

bonecarver_OG

:) indoor flowering going very well. i have the biggest amount ever of plants in the flowering room, and i had to increase light intensity a bit. hope it shows in the end product. 30 big clones.. a bit too much really for the space i got, so for once i have a authentic SEA of green, covering all of the 2x2 meter area i use for flowering. i did do a lot of bending, crushing of stems and other training methods. only thing i did not use this time is strings to tie down the plants, since honestly there is not realy space for them horizontally. i also trimmed of all lower branches and bud sites up to 1/3 of the plant. the big drawback has been the amount they grew in the first half of flowering, the plants literally grew rigth up to the ceiling and into the lamps, wich forced me to do a bit more training than usually of the plants closest to the lights. this means there is really a "stadium" style canopy around and under each light.

im definetly expecting an average of about 10 to 20 grams per plant, and even 4-6x that from the 6 BIG plants. all in all i should be set for a good while if everything keeps going as well as it is now. i prefeer to do a low "guess-timate" so anynthing above the expected amount will be seen as bonus :D anyhow, i only use 2 old 600W HPS bulbs. one bulb is about one year old and the other is about 2 years old, so i got to be realistic. 1g/W is just not going to happen this time. i will buy new bulbs as soon as i get a job or find an other way to cover the costs. the cost of 2 bulbs might not seem that much, but trust me, it is too much. i guess all ppl know the deal we got in spain now with un-employment and crisis. many of the jobs i do i need to wait 2 months or more to recieve the pay check, and when i do get €€€€ most of it goes to pay off my house and bills + food.

its really awesome to wait for a harvest when I havent smoked good nugs since last summer. its been hard, but in the end my tolerance has gone down an amazing amount, wich literally means at the moment i get high from rediculouslly small amounts of nug. this means the coming harvest should last much longer than before. i used to smoke around 5-8g a day, but today i get away with a tiny nug a day, about 0,5g.

very economic to say the least... since im unemployed it has been kind of stressing since i really knew all the long i couldnt rely on comercial nugs, since the cost would get too high for us to handle atm, atleast considering the shear amount i went thru a week. also i realize i finally am able to do a whole bunch of things i earlier were way too stoned to do :) hehe

still i do feel like smoking nugs from the moment i wake up, but determination is the key to success, specially when talking about cutting down on the amount of smoke. the habbit i had is very strong, ive been over 20 years smoking as much as i could, every day, all day....

hard work pays off :D

peace all

B

bonecarver_OG

been without weed for a while now.. so today i used some frozen old fanleaves i had in the freezer to make myself a cup of tea.. i didnt really expect much to be honest. the leaf is from this winters failed outdoor experiment.

but somehow the handfull of leaf has gotten me pretty darn stoned. its been almost 10 years since i last ate anything with cannabis in it. almost forgoten how it was.

looks like im going to have a pretty mellow day... :)

my indoor is still far from harvest. looks almost like it will take about 1 month more. my fault has been in having continuous flowering during the last 8 years, and i didnt really realize the time it takes for my old favo mom to reallly get mature. maybe i forgotten that too .. its very different to have a continuous flowering, i really didnt bother about flowering times, since i put in a few plants every month, and i harvested more or less the same amount a month. didnt really need to do anything else than cut the ones that are most mature each week. now i got the whole flowering full of ssh/ptk, all put to flower on the same day..

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Hope you have some buds curing in a jar soon! I've been without a few times too.

"the good news is i got a new electrical company and i now pay only 30 % from ten in the night to 12 next day. this means that changing the cycle to night-time means my grow op only will cost a third of what it used to. im stoked about that... saves a lot of money for me now that im unemployed..."

That's a good incentive to change your hours. It might even help with temperatures. I don't get the same time break on my electric bill but I do run I run my lights from 5pm to 4am to keep temperatures down.

B

bonecarver_OG

harvest time!

:) been cutting and pruning 2 days. finally its over. got out a whole lot more than i thought i would. a bonus is all the hash and oil material :D

stoked!!!

B

bonecarver_OG

the nugs are dry and scaled up. 420grams of premium nugs and about 150g of oil material, many boxes full of trim leaf.. pretty good !

the trim drysieved and the oil from the popcorn nugs is going to make up a very nice lump of hash. im set for a whole bunch of months :D

peace all!

B

bonecarver_OG

indoor update;

:) seems i did my planning almost well, and my 2nd round of flowering plants are more or less in the middle of flowering and im just about to run out of nugs. gotto work a bit more on the timing hehe :D its a mess converting from perpetual flowering room to flower one crop at a time.

anyhow, i got 5 SSH/PTK clones flowering in 40L pots. i bent and tied them down, so i got a 5 plant SOG atm. the light coverage is optimal, and i can see the results are gonna be really good, even though i have very old bulbs.

one thing is for sure... i will have smoke during all of the summer, and long bit into the autumn.. and here over to next part..

OUTDOOR 2014 - 1ST UPDATE

-!the outdoor is in amended soil/recycled coco!-

i did around 30 clones about 1 month ago before i put the plants into flowering in the indoor. i got a new 4 x 65W tube light fitting with new tubes, and this time i could notice the last few years i should have changed the tubes, even though i visually couldnt see any degradation, the plants must ahve experienced it. anyway, almost all clones rooted this time. as allways nowadays i clone without hormones directly in recycled coco, and i use individual mini greenhouses for each cut (1,5liter pot w coco covered with a 1l plastic beer-glass upside down with a few holes.).

so i had to think of wha to do with all the clones. i only need 5-6 moms for next flowering, and since its going to be in about 4-5 months time, the plants will have time to grow VERY BIG, so less is better atm..

so i asked a 3 friends, if they would accept an easy deal; i give 2 clones to them, they give me 25% of the harvest. also i did ask my older friends ive done coop with before, and they surprisingly enough wanted to have several cuts, all in all 6, and they are prepared to give 50% of the harvest to me. also i gifted a few extra clones to a few more friends, that will bring me a smaller sellection of nugs in change. all in all its going to be the year with the most amount of collaborations i had ever, and i will recieve with luck, a fairly BIG amount of nugs, completelly free :) just in change for a few clones.

also im going to buy a few products and such later on to give a hand with a proper nutrient plan to ensure as good results as possible.

all plants are allready in the ground or in BIG pots (up to 50L) with a sandy soil mix with recycled coco, some ash, potting soil, old pony/horse manure, a bit of chicken manure and last but not least compost. i hope to GOD i didnt do the mix too strong.. but ive understood pony/horse manure is very soft :)

i hope to be able to give nice updates as often as possible of the grow i will visit regularly (the 6 plants spot) later on. wish me luck, because a lot of things can affect an outdoor, and we are in the middle of the WORST DROUGHT IN 150 YEARS.

with good luck and good care, the plants should be ready to harvest more or less at the time my indoor will run out :D (i hope!)

peace all!

B

bonecarver_OG

:D finally i have some time to do an update. been hectic with work and harvest during the last few weeks...

anyhow summer harvest went really well. about 750 grams from 5 big plants in 40 liter coco pots. really a lot of big kolas and this time i really didnt get out any popcorn to use as oil material.. wich is good i guess :D :D

peace all!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
grats on the harvest bro, nice to see this thread still ticking along. just trimming some plants myself and hating it, lol. thinking of calling for help, lol.

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe :D i get nervous when other ppl handle my nugs hehe - so i do all cleaning myself. i particularly disslike when ppl grab the nugs from anything else than the stem :D hehe and almost anyone that sees a nug seems to grab them anywhere but the stem.

anyhow, 5 big plants did give a lot less cleaning and more nugs than 25 clones in same space. i think i will repeat almost same setup this coming fall.

peace

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah i know what you mean, no one trims my plants quite as carefully as i do myself, but still i hate it and it takes me so long alone that i lose lots of time. i do have one helper who knows how to be gentle with the buds, hope she will come on the week end so we can finish this job, lol.

B

bonecarver_OG

hope she comes around and helps out :) yeah i agree it takes a long time. i do usually nowadays trim away only the fan leafes when i harvest, and one or two weeks later when i jar it up i take off the finer leaf. a lot of the time i even leave the finer leaf. the nugs are for me. i dont care if i need to pinch off a few leaves before i do a joint. a bit lazy maybe but works for me :D

peace!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
might end up doing something similar this round, some folks say it cures better with the leaves left on. i just will miss having a big bag of trim to make into bubble hash if i don't fine trim, lol.

B

bonecarver_OG

i put all the sugar leaf i pinch of the dry nugs into jars, and when my nug stash is getting low, i do hash :)

Latest posts

Latest posts