What's new

Project EDEN - the COCO-COOP

B

bonecarver_OG

massive rainstorms today.. been collecting water for the grow.. got almost 3000 liters :) its enough for most of winter allready..

peace all!

B

bonecarver_OG

awesome... its getting xmas time and i got heaps of good nugs :) things couldnt get better! :D

also i have started collecting some ssh/ptk x beeniemans f3 seeds.. and i have some more on the way. atm i got one huge really nice big male plant in the veg area, of the f2 generation of same cross, waiting for a spot in the flowering to dust various ssh/ptk, ssh/ptk x beeniemans, and what ever other interesting females i might have when its time.

also i got 2 males of herrijuana/alibi - but since i got no fems out of this seed batch, i have no clue how they really are, and i dont know if i will use them for dusting, also i dont know what plant to cross them with. could maybe be an idea to cross these indica dominant males to the ssh/ptk just to see what might become out of that....

i have cloned and have now mother plants of various ssh/ptk x beeniemans f1 and f2 to flower soon. i have selected one really big budded and not so stretchy pheno, but also i have cloned 3 of the more vigorous and sativa dominant phenos. the nugs are a bit more sativa like, but the yields are enormous, and the high is less sedating and instead more active and rushy. it seems the beeniemans and the ssh is the genes that are mostly dominating in the f2 generation.

also most plants i have flowered of the f2 generation have been very similar.

i got also seedlings of PowerPlant x ssh/lp and a bunch of new ssh/ptk beeniemans f1 and f2 generation seeds.. also there is some killerqueen :D courtesy of dutchgrown!! :D

i will soon plant some blockberry x beeniemans, since its had some of the most insane nugs i have seen. very nice smoke also :D tasty and nice high.

peace all

B

bonecarver_OG

im so stoned.. last few plants turned out AA+++

trying to convince my mate to do a grow or smoke report on the ssh/ptk x beeniemans they grew outside this summer :D would be fun to read what they think about the flavours and such :D

i been drysieving a bunch of nugs the last few days..

:D

B

bonecarver_OG

:) after drysieving properly a bout 100g of nugs, i did a quick acetone wash on the material. i didnt expect to get out anything, but i did, and lots. had to drysieve more nugs to be able to make all the oil into jelly hash.

i think im set for xmas :D hehe got one ball of 50g of jelly hash of good quality, and one 20g ball of top-class jelly.

next part of the mission is to make some drysieve with the rest of the nugs of the plant i have been using for drysieving. its a seeded ssh/ptkxbeeniemans f2.. this time i dont want to mix oil into it, since i got tons of jelly allready - this time the plan is to just drysieve, and once its ready, do a warm pressing of it.

in the end the material i use for drysieving will any go to amke oil - so its a vicious circle of drysieving, making oil, drysieving to add to oil etc and finnaly i end up having to do one more oil run with the material. :D

peace all!

D

dramamine

holy shit...that's a lot of hash!! I'd say you might even make it until new years day..:)

B

bonecarver_OG

:D hehehe :D

i hope to save some for the next summer :D its cool to have a nice stash of hash in the freezer if we get a heat wave that makes indoor flowering nasty :D

peace!

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jelly hash? Acetone?? Awesome i never heard of it before but i got plenty acetone and some seeded buds... :smoke:

Must do some searching around.

B

bonecarver_OG

only use the purest acethone you can find :)

jelly hash is mixing drysive or ice extracted hash with oil. the oil can be bho or acethone quickwashes etc..

if you are going to use seeded buds - first freeze and drysieve the nugs. i freeze for a long time, and do a short session of 5 minutes, and then i put the material back into the freezer to do more runs, repeatedly untill i see some green bits with a lupe. when i refreeze the material i find 2-3 hour in the freezer works well.

for drysieving i use a ice hash bag with the material inside shaking it. i usually put the buds in the bag, and put the loaded bag into a big tupper ware box i got lined with paper inside to avoid condensation while in the freezer. the tupperware box + bag works a temperature buffer and keeps the material cold while i bring it to the table i use for drysieving. in the first run i lightly crush up the nugs in the bag before shaking. i do this by putting the bag with the frozen material in the bottom, and i lay the bag flat on the screening table and hit it a couple of times. usually at this moment a whole load of trichomes go flying out on the table. i refreeze before the material has time to get warm and then i repeat the process a bunch of times every few hours when its all properlly frozen.

my method is not to crush up the nugs in forehand, but rather do it gradually in the drysieving sessions. imho it doesnt matter if there is solid pieces of 1/4inch thick chunks of nugs after the process is done since it just make the material more atractive for oil making. so rather than overdo it drysieving to get a lot of "kief" i try to keep the drysieve as pure as possible, and leave what ever is left to get extracted with the acethone.

the broken up nugs after the drysieving honestly give off the resins left very fast in the acethone wash. also not much acethone is needed since the broken up material takes less space. 100 g of whole nugs needs several liters of acethone to get properly extracted, while the same amount in broken up form, only 1 liter is enough to get most resin out. in total 1,5 liters would be ideal to wash out all resin - but imho doing too many repeated washes brings down quality. instead try to do it 2 washes. if u make a 3rd wash, it can be an idea to keep the results of that separately untill evaporated to see if its worth mixing into the jelly hash or not. imho the more solid and hard the oil is the easier the hash is to work with - i.e a sticky greasy oil makes hash that gets stuck on the fingers while preparing a smoke - while the harder more solid oil make it easier to roll it into balls or strings to be smoken.

when you evaporate the acethone, make sure not to use boiling hot water, since it will make terpenes to evaporate also. 60-70ºC is enough. also same thing when mixing trichs into the oil - better also here to heat up the oil only untill its soft and allows for the trichs to melt into it (max 50-60ºC). using too much heat brings the oil quality down and also makes the trichs loose a lot of flavour. the temperature is really important.

also one relly important factor is to REMOVE the SEEDS out of the drysieved material BEFORE doing the oil :D if not some of the fats inside the seeds get extracted and makes a really crappy oil for smoking.

should be enough info to start experimenting. :D ratios of hash to oil needed to get a nice consistency is different from time to time, but it can be anything from 50/50 ratio to 1 part oil to 5 parts of trichs or even more. fresh drysieve tends to sometimes make some solid oils more sticky, but its different from plant to plant.

have fun :D

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow ok thanks for the deets.

I have made some half decent dry sieve before but nothing on your scale.

Where would one purchase high quality acetone? I guess the stuff i have for cleaning and fibre glassing etc wouldnt be the good stuff. Is there food grade?

I am guessing the seeds easily survive the sieving process? Sounds like killing 2 birds with one stone :smoke:

Cheers bonecarver!

B

bonecarver_OG

i get my acethone at a lab suplier. lab grade acethone is clean and is not mixed with anything odd..

yeah man i havent found any broken seeds yet :)

peace!

B

bonecarver_OG

heavy xmas smoke is laying like a blanket over the whole valley.. and im stoned as an elf.

this xmas was awesome!

B

bonecarver_OG

hm - seems i got 5 plants lining up for harvest. good way to start the coming year! the plants are huge - together they take upp all my flowering space.... i cant cant even estimate the yields. going to be fun to see...

B

bonecarver_OG

happy new year everybody! :D

i started a huge harvest session yesterday. cut 2 plants that were fairly big, but i got 3 plants left that all of them are bigger than the ones from yesterday. today i will rest and party a tiny bit :D and tomorow i will continue to harvest. i will propably cut 2 plants tomorow, and leave the one lone plant in the small 600W room for the last.

my drying room doesnt have neough wiremesh shelfs, so i gotto put up some string to hang part of the harvest. im lucky and at the moment we are having warm and dry weather - so the drying process should go fast and nicelly :D

peace all!

B

bonecarver_OG

:) both flowering rooms have been harvested. all in all 5 plants. too much nugs for my drying setup - so i had to move in extra fan, dehumifier and putup strings to hang the kolas from since all shelfs are full.

been cleaning the flowering areas today and tomorow i will continue. when im done its time to transplant 4 big plants to 40 liter pots of coco.. spray them down with mite-poison and veg them for a few days with 24H light before flipping the switch.. the 4 plants are huge. its 3 clones of ssh/ptk and one cut of a mom of ssh/ptkXbeeniemans, all vegged 4-6 months.

all 4 will go into the big flowering room.

the second room will be used to make some seeds.. im thinking of doing a backcross of the 2nd generation of the SSH/PTK X BEENIEMANS, back to the SSH/PTK keeper mom. just for fun.. i will also do more f3 seeds of the ssh/ptk x beeniemans while im dusting stuff..

i got the veg area full of clones and seedlings, and still i planted 3 more seeds. this way i should be set for most of the coming season before next summer. maybe even till after next summer...

peace all!

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe - not during the few winter months we normally have :D usually its close to freezing temps at this time of year...

B

bonecarver_OG

ok :) the 8th of january i switched the cycle to 12/12 in the big flowering room. the plants have grow huge. well they were huge from the start, but now they are even bigger lol.. finally i will have to do a slight trimming session on of these days before the flowering starts, to reduce the amount of branches.

the 2nd room is ready to also start flowering. the 2nd room is for seeds, so im just waiting for the plants to get a tiny bit bigger before i will put them to flower.

not much more to say.. got lots of nugs curing.. soon it will be time to make hash and oil with the seeded nugs after removing seeds.. but first, one of these days i will scale up the last harvest, just to see how much it totalled at.

peace