What's new

Project EDEN - the COCO-COOP

B

bonecarver_OG

:D i havent been in touch with Dicc and i dont know if he has done the transplant as promised :D but i hope so :D

flowering room here needs to get cleared out a bit - tomorow im gonna bring out the BIG scissor :D

the seedlings are pushing on strongly - there is a few allreayd about 50cm tall and im eagerly waiting for oportunity to put them to flower.. but no space yet :D lets see after tomorow :D

chemsteady - hehe greenhouse is a goood idea :D hehe go for it!

peace!

B

bonecarver_OG

just spent one hour writing a post .. and by some reason it disapeared.. how anoying well in short;

the 2 AmnesiaHazes at the outdoor are doing well. sharing 75 liters of good soil + biomango nutes.

me im organizing in the grow area - it has been a while without cutting back branches etc in the flowering room and its been time to do it.. its been hot as hell so its not the best moment to do it but it had to be done. got so exhausted after 6 hours in the heat of the flowering room tieing back and cutting and moving etc i fell asleep after 2 bong hits and a spliff. at 5 in the afternoon. i never sleep siesta hehe

the work consisted of molding the few really big plants (+1 m tall or wide) - all in all 5 big ones - better into the space - to alove better light coverage and to get the tall plants that are starting to get stressed - further away from the lights. the heat outside we have is most of the time around 40º celsius and this means my non-cooled flowering area is more than that... although not much! one jaggen and one snowdog got molded into one 1m x 60cm wide hedge - with the help of lots of zip ties, plastified metal wire, and bong hits. these 2 plants are going to yield a lot i hope. also i moved the amnesiahazes further away from the light since the tips were/are starting to get impressive stress foxtails shoots of more than 15 cm of stems w few calyx sticking out of the nugs. not good smoke and mean stressed plant. so i snipp them off hopeing this and moving the further away will revert the stress into buddage. lets hope :D

next up is transplanting of seedlings, moms and clones. have to select new moms and flower all big ones.

also im thinking of dedicating one of the fluoro spaces again to sexing the seedlings. that or flower them a fw at a time in the flowering room. this would mean a bit of stress since if they are males.. one weekends trip away can make a hell of a mess... hm should have simple solution :D ill just take them to a room upstairs when im out...

finally im starting to think flowering indoors is almost too much work with out cooling in the spanish heat.. or maybe im just getting old hehe :D

peace!

B

bonecarver_OG

damn.

ive been collecting distilled water the last few days to prepare for the watering session. got about 50 liters together from the dehumidifiers and airconditioners.

to help my gf brings me the water from the airconditioner at work. well now it happens somebody mixed some solvent into the bottle and I DIDNT NOTICE it before i poured in about 1 liter or so..

so now the distilled water is poluted with an unknown solvent in an unknown concentracion. smells strongly chemical.

im sure i cant use it for the plants :(

not cool. i dont get it. who and why?

damn.

A

arcticsun

yo bone im sorry to hear about your heat problems, i also write long posts and loose them all the time.. i know how much that sux haha

if you use the opera websurfer you avoid that problem.

stay cool bro

B

bonecarver_OG

nice to see ya arctic :D hows all? :D

im too lazy to start using a new web browser but im sure any browser is an improvement compared to IE.

cant do much about the heat.. heat also makes the mites go crazy and reproduce extremelly quick. means im looking at making a bunch of BHO later again. mite infested buds make great BHO. doesnt seem to affect quality at all. although i do clean the nugs with a vacuum cleaner to get the web away :D hehe

for next summer i plan a few important changes. first i want to make sure i can grow outdoors a bunch of plants, also i dont want to work so much indoors so i wont plant seeds etc during summer, also i will keep down the number of plants in the flowering room. this way i will be able to easilly put in automated watering. the watering part is the most annoying in the heat. this is what i want to avoid. i want to get rid of the "working in a sauna" effect.

also its planned to put in airconditioner in time in the basement. this will take down humidity a lot better, and also i hope to be able to keep the temps about 10 degrees lower than now. it would make a big change :D hehe the problem is tha area to cool is 100m2..... gonna be costy hehehe but hopefully worth it!

for the outdoor i got a plans set up. it includes a proper "square meter" veggie garden with 8 to 10 1x1m modules wich will get planted with varying veggies etc - to be able to HIDE in between the rows a bunch of plants. not too big plants etc - and not too many. max 1m tall or so - and i will be able to have around 8-10 of them if things work out well.

the mayor problem is the extreme draugth and i will have to build/buy big water rez's to accomodate around 5 m3 of water or more. this is because it is possible to BUY a lorry to drop of 5m3 water with high quality water - the only problem is the storage for now. its going to be outside so its gotto be nice looking also.

this rez would mean a big change for the coco grow also since it would mean less hustle to get distilled water etc. many of the water companies sell water with a low ec :D around 0.4. just gotto find the best quality source.

yesterday was a loong day of work in the growroom, and also i made BHO .. so today im quite trashed... was up untill 6 smokin....

peace all!

A

arcticsun

things are good up here at the top o the world my friend. we've had a nice and warm summer, atleast since july. not warm to your standards hehe but comfy for me :D

that aircondition sounds like a good idea, same with those veggie chambers. id love to prepare alittle more of my cellar space for that purpose. it would make a great "front" for the operation aswell as giving me nice veggies. gonna look into that for sure :D

having the kind of problems you are having with water is alittle strange to me however, im glad i dont have to worry about those logistics in addition to everything else. my tapwater comes out at 0 EC, im thinking that is one of the main reasons why i have healty plants.

ill keep checking in on ya bro, cya around :wave:

B

bonecarver_OG

:D hehe :D my coop partner has experienced all aspects of the water quality in comparison to the area in north of scandinavia he used to live in :D also he says the water quality up there is incredible :D must be all that snow and rains hehe :D

the draugth is a rising problem in south of spain. we had for example NO RAIN in my area since may or april. last few days there has been 2 or 3 a few minute long drizzles and thats about all we are going to get this august i think. other years this period we can get a lot more rain, and even hail storms :D hehe but all in all a bit more rain wouold be nice indeed :D hehe

other nuisance - the mites like the heat too much. their web spinning capacity seems to become more and more complex with the years. i think this particular bunch are evolving .. super mites :D

i think i will have to do some drastic things soon. this includes cutting down a bunch of plants early - and spraying a LOT of abamectine in all of the grow area. i really would like to cut down all plants in flowering and just make BHO with them, and just put in a new bunch of plants and hope for the best.

perpetual flowering is the worst scenario for bug infestacions.. in the future when i have closed of the area more and changed some things with the extraction - i will put in a sulfur burner.. this seems to be the only way to get 100% free of the problem.

peace!

A

arcticsun

yea i think a sulfur burner would be a good idea

if its as bad as you say then id consider shutting the whole operation down, and cleaning the whole growing area out with bleech before starting all over with brand new beans.

thats my approach get rid of every single plant and start over. ive never had mites at my homelocation, but ive had mites at one of my satelite locations, and i shut it all down and cleaned everything out with bleech.

:fsu:

shutting down means no dough or smoke for a while tho, thats what sux major donkey nuts.

afaik the water quality here is exceptional, i think there was a survey done recently that showed that tapwater here is much cleaner and healthier then bottled water. i dont get a reading with my EC meter at all in it. 0,00 it reads.

wish i could build you an aquaduct mate, and maybe a windtunnel also so you can cool down once in a while hehe

peace ill be lurkin :D

B

bonecarver_OG

with the nice keepers i got it would be impossible to start over :) hehe actually seems like almost an nigthmare scenario hehehe

still mite infested nugs make great BHO :D hehe and actually i cant say i got anything against bho in general but obviously id prefeer clean nice nugs..

wich leads me to tell about todays grow room check - 2 big amnesia hazes are so heat stressed there is no point to wait for them any longer. they got cut to become BHO.. also one block berry went into the BHO pile. sucks a bit but there is other plants coming in soon, and untill that i will have lots of BHO. actually this is one of the biggest batches i ever set aside for BHO, and it will take me a while to go thru it. hehe no chance - it most likelly get all extracted within a week or two :D

the amnesia haze is most likelly the most heat untollerant plant i have ever had - so i will keep all other cuts of her for winter. its good smoke when things go well, but ALL the ones i flowered since may have become BHO.

there is a few seedlings of various crosses and allready in the flowering room, these all should most likelly be males. im keeping my eyes open for interesting candidates... also im soon looking at transplanting more of them and the clones.. its soon time to start vegging the babies for this autumn/winter.

the pile of bho material is so big it makes the ssh x ptk and the blockberry i harvested look like nothing. but in the end it will be nice to have some nugs on the side of the BHO, while i wait for the nicer plants to come in.

should ad a remark on the fact the psychedelicia x critical mass made by some local, is not looking too bad at all. slow to get going, but the nugs are LONG and getting nicelly filed up. in not too many weeks i think its done. fairlyt long flowering, but this far it looks like it is definelty a vigorous cross atleast.

hehe i think the dental incident was good for my THC tollerance :D i get by with a lot less rigth now hehe - lets see for how long it lasts :D soon enough its harvest time at the main collaborators place, vend says max 3-4 weeks more.

the amnesia hazes at the third colalborators place are veggin still, and since they got a big ass outdoor light (looks like a 250W bulb) rigth above them (didnt see it when planting hehehe) i doubt they will flower anytime soon. i told them to get rid of the light ASAP. but honestly a few weeks more of veg time wont harm them at all.

its been a tough summer in the growroom - but i have to add this is the first year i still am going well without having to really buy any smoke at all. only smoke i bought has been to mix with BHO, and most of the time i have gotten the hash gifted for the jelly hash.. so im content. its been a few long years i have been trying to get to become self-sufficient, but its not untill now i got the space and the W's. hard work but worth it in the end..

should add we are having a slight thunderstorm at last! its been drizzling for a few hours allready - and if things go well i will take out 2 clones.. but that is only if the surrounding vegetation gets a boost. got 4 holes dug out allready, but the coverage has dried up around 3 of them, leaving only one spot with possibilities. this spot is honestly not the best.. but if its the only one, it will do have to do :D

next week me and the gf are going to go on a well deserved mini camping trip for a few days. im really looking forward to it.. even though my reserves of the best nugs finished a few weeks ago - but im sure it will be a nice trip anyway.. im doing my best to keep a chunk of BHO (yes - chunk! 10g or so left) and a few nugs for the occasion...

peace

chemsteady

good and bad.

good and bad.

it cant be easy all the time, can it? oh well, im sure you ll sort that mite problem out without having to shut production down too much :D it sucks that that had to happen to you, arctic. what doesnt kill us makes us stonger, like bones mites! :D

bc, you have to get out in the sun, next season. so nice when you have mother nature doing most of the work for you. the only thing i might do differently is less plants in bigger pots. watering all these plants in various stages of growth can be such a hassle, especially with coco, since the outside environment can effect the medium so much. soil is so much more forgiving outdoors. just make sure to add that dolomite lime to help regulate ph and just add water in the am.

remember when i said your tolerance was going to go down!? :D:D:D man, i need to take a break so that i can get faded off one bowl again. i actually just picked up an 8th of this strain called ingrid. its a particular pheno of celtic stone, i think. anyhow, one hit buds, bone. man this stuff was/is good!

all your talk of bho is making me want to invest in some new supplies. bone, do you think you could recommend a bubble bag set to look in to, and furthermore, are there any good threads youve come across in the production of quality bubble hash? any help would be greatly appreciated, bc.

good luck with the mites, sounds like you re entering into a busy time of the year. best,
~c

B

bonecarver_OG

when i talk about BHO i mean Butane Honey Oil - i use home made extractino tubes :D

bubble bags i dont use too much since even if the quality is high on the produce, it will still give less than a good BHO run.

yeah man - what doesnt kill us definetly makes us stronger :D

peace !

chemsteady

duh

duh

well that makes a lot more sense. is there a link for the construction of those tubes. ha, i though i though bho was some euro way to abbreviate bubble hash. go figure...
~c

B

bonecarver_OG

i use coppertubes but stainless works jsut fine. i take the end part of a refillable lighter and fit it to the tube to have a SAFE entry of gas with no risk of leakage, and in the bottom part i use a fine mesh to hold the material in. the mesh is held in place by a ziptie. all this i got hooked up 3 of to a camera tripod. the tubes i use are one meter long - about 3 feet maybe? but thats because i need that size. anysize will do, but i prefeer this because of yields etc..

hehe should also add i had to go to the hospital today.. i fucked my foot up and now i gotto take it easy for a week or so and on top after that crotches(?) for a month maybe.. this means maybe no camping trip this year :( kinda sucks but after the dental incident and having a surgery coming up, i should have expected something more to happen.

peace!

stoneshaper

hi brother!

just dropping by your thread here and its still awsome, good luck with it all!
i thought you might want to know how my ptk's are doing and they are doing great, one of them is over 6 feet tall but most are around four to five, really interesting with the auto flowering, works good after good veg, with some of them come in as early as late july and early august, but the six to come will have four maybe finish early sept the rest later, thanx again for help.
ill smoke a fattie for you since you are not here:joint:

so work more on the ptk! i have great faith in it, some of mine are too late to clone but wow if i could mix that with kootenay or time warp for a coastal bc auto flower plant with a stink to it!

one plant easily will bring in from Qp to half p or more, but we all know not to count the chickens untill they are in your hand, or however that saying goes.

good luck with the heat!
lots of peace to everyone

B

bonecarver_OG

:D yo brother :D

i think the "autoflowering" as you say is mainly due to beeing vegged indoors under 24h light, this usually makes them flower quit easilly when taken outside :D

im happy the harvest looks promising! :D

itd would be cool if you posted some pics hehe :D

-

to the rest - im quite ok at the moment :D hehe even though this summer turned out to not be the most fun one, i finally got away for 3 nights to the mountians with the GF. its been an amazing trip, although short. seen a bunch of cool animals and sights. lets see if i get time to post pics :D i would only liked to do a bit more hiking but, this way i leave more things to see for next trip. the area we go to is one of the biggest national parks in europe.. lots of nice nature!

in the flowering room everything is looking surprisingly well, and its propably my best august indoor harvest ever. cant complain at all!

im waiting for an enormouos Jaggen to finish off, but before her i think the psychedelicia x critical mas, 2 SSHxptk, and one snowdawg, all quite big bushes, will get harvested. the jaggen really likes the middle spot of the room with the both lights on her..

also there is some sexed seedlings. one male SSH/PTK x SSH/LP has been put aside for some project, and also there is a female or two of same cross. the male/males will most likelly hit the best looking females of same cross, but also the SSH x PTK keeper.

in the vegroom there is a lot of seedlings ready to gret flowered, but it is still a bit full in the flowring area to put in more seedlings. i prefeer to put unsexed plants in the most easilly accessible area of the flowering room - to make sure i will see any BALLS as soon as they show up.

also i put in one SSH/LP female to flower a while ago, and she as usually is vegging and stretching all over the place.

so pretty much im waiting to harvest some big yielders and then i will throw in a lot of seedlings and clones of keepers..

and yeah;
snowdawg and ssh x ptk goes really nice together in a bong hit..

peace all

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Glad your back. Nice to hear that you got to go camping. Me too :)

What NEW seedlings are you starting?

B

bonecarver_OG

i planted a while back seeds of SSH/PTK x SSHxLP

and also there is a few jamaicans (beeniemans choise) but they were lacking in vitality, and a few other crosses i made a while back :D also i planted some other seeds of crosses ive gotten gifted, like karmatrain, la mula, xyz blueberry etc.

hope you had a nice camping trip! our trip was nice :D saw a bunch of typical spanish mountain animals, icluding wildboar and mountain goats. hehe was snapping pics like crazy :D

most part of the camping were at 1200 m or so - so it was fairly nice temperature. its nice to get out of this hot valley hehe :D

hehe i gotto ad i got amused by the fact it was full of girls in bikini.. its a bit odd for mountaneirs, but i presume a lot of people swapped the beach for the mountains this summer (more economical) and the rivers and ponds etc were there was water were all full of people swimming etc :D

later when i get my lazy ass out of summer vacational mode ill get to upload some pics.

-

due to the coop's and friend's needs for clones this past summer months i have made myself almost run out of mother plants, and i got very few clones of my favourite ones, and this coming round - its going to be a bit tricky to fill up the flowering room.. i prefeer to put in seedlings a few at a time to controll better the male/female issue.

should ad there is new confirmed female amongst the seedlings. one ssh/ptk x lp is definetly female and also there is 3 confirmed males of the same. there is also 1 female of the MEAO-THAI x PTK. also got a male of the same.

our area is still recieving a lot of heat, and i dont know if i will feel comfortable to make clones here yet.

im wating to recieve a few clones of the coop-mate, in particular the Sweet and sour diesel, since i got only one mom of her, and also the blockberry, since the last clones i cut arent really veggin too well. they have been in some kind of extended flowering for all summer, but they are not budding - only stretching and spitting out a few hairs here and there - that under 18h of light. it might get out of it - but i rather grab a clone of the ones my mate cut BEFORE flowering.

bone