What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Priceless....

Trich_Tyson

Had a run in with thrips a few weeks back.. Hit the whole room with a few healthy doses of spinosad - foliar and drench. Seems to have taken care of things.

Heres some stuff from recent times.

The left side is all glue. 12 plants under a 630.
Glue @ 35 days
picture.php

The right side is a mix bag. 12 under 630.
including: Corey, Chemdog, b1gwyrm, aj, underdog, sour dubble, ecsd(?).
Heres a pic from the door, up front you got chemdog and corey, those taller guys are in the middle.. they are underdog and aj. Bout day 32
picture.php

Corey from the 30 day mark
picture.php

chem at 30 days
picture.php

Last edited:

Trich_Tyson

I've also been having fun making edibles... I've been doing gummies, and they have been turning out pretty good.
This batch was cherry flavored.. (cherry juice, cherry jello) and clocks in at 8 mg BHO/gram of candy. The bears are about 16mg, and the skulls are about 112 mg. I got some teeth out the other day so i've been indulging in these heavily.
picture.php

picture.php

20sackzack

Threads looking tight dude, I'll be following along.

That eagle 20 will eliminate the pm but is pretty harsh I used literally 3 droplets in a small squirt bottle to treat 12 plants in veg my last run. They all had visible pm spots pre treatment but were completely clean the rest of the grow after the one spray I did. I'm not sure if it was just in my head but the smoke kinda seemed less natural to me in a way.. Kinda hard to explain but I have decided I don't want to use it again if at all possible. That being said, I used it because I felt it would save my crop and it did so I completely understand your choice to use it.

I have recently discovered and tried a product that is completely organic and seems to be very effective in controlling pm. It's called regalia and is an extract of the giant knotweed plant. When applied it stimulates the plants immune system and makes it very resistant to pm, bud rot and other fungal diseases.

I had pm reappear on my newest round of clones I recently purchased and after one foliar application of this shit I have not seen a speck since. Now it's not a cure all but it can be used as part of your ipm and can be applied late into flower through soil drenches.

It is a little expensive because they currently only sell it in gallon jugs as the smallest option. And it is around 100 bucks a gallon but might be worth considering if you are interested in staying more natural. Just figured I'd share

Americangrower

Veteran
The right side is a mix bag. 12 under 630.
including: Corey, Chemdog, b1gwyrm, aj, underdog, sour bubble, ecsd

Damn brother you have some serious hookups to get all those cuts..Room is looking great

Trich_Tyson

thanks rasputin.

whattup 20sack.
I've been in the clear for a few months now and hope to continue to be. The eagle 20 + sulfur burner was, IMO the be all end all answer. Quick and efficient. Not a fan of using it, but i did, and if i had to again, I'm sure I would, at least with the current state of affairs.

That being said, Regalia is on the purchase list. For now I've been doing aloe, soaps, oils, silica, etc. foliars.

Thanks AG - theres a couple good peeps out there that hooked me up. thats for sure. I like to do my part in sharing. Karma comes back eventually.

---

Just potted up some stuff for the next flip in the main area.. gunna stagger it after this chop. Got a few of each: Banana OG, Kosher Kush, XXX OG, and a skunky glue cross. All of these are new to the stable, and will go in when the gg4 come out. in bout a month.
Then, on the other side, will finally go some haze crosses that I've been vegging and backing up for many months. Weird Jimmy's, Spell Casters, and a mango nigerian. I am dying to see what i've got there, but I kept fucking up the timing.

In the meantime.. as soon as the weather cools more consistently, I will move my veg out of the room, and utilize the tent for more flower.
A 3x3 organic soil bed will be going in there.. I've got all me supplies, and I have 9 cuts vegged up and ready to go.

So thats what's going on over here.
Flower lights just came on, gunna go see whats happening in there, get everybody fed... and spray down the veggers! Aloe, soap, neem, essential oils, silica tonight.

Found ya. Stumbled on this while looking for info on P being back. Thanks for heads up about that. Haven't been on here in a while maybe now I'll have a reason to come back. Your thread ain't bad either :biggrin:

Trich_Tyson

Lmao.. whattup brotha.

Couple more..
Here we've got
AJ.. she's a tough one. she drinks quick.. quicker than the rest on the same rez. caused a little build up and lock out early on. She's come back pretty good.. but i hand feed the two AJ's a little extra
picture.php

Underdog. also slightly finicky, less so than AJ tho.. thats for sure.
picture.php

Chemdog - lots of frost, great nose.. tight nodes. easy
picture.php

these are 36 days in.

mixed up the sprayer with:
1/4 t aloe extract
14 mL neem oil
5 mL essential oil blend
2t protekt
couple drops sals suds.

veg lights go off soon.. Imma git em.

Whole bunch of RSO evapping in the basement.. for cookin.

Trich_Tyson

Bro.. I wish I could describe terps in words that make sense to other growers.
You’ll just have to tell me once they get the chop.
The chems and Corey’s are the ones that have that “dirty diaper” smell I like to describe.
Which leads me to believe the “sour” that took over for the piff around 07 in my area was a variety of Chem.

Now aj and underdog share similar notes.
Aj has a tang to it. A layer of sour in the food sense.
Underdog has an undercoating of sweetness

But hey... I smell them.. they stink to high heaven.. Really fucking strong. I just can’t describe them..
And the only thing I can compare them to is the streetweed that was called “so and so” when I bought it.

Lookin forward to see what’s in store out ur way brotha

Trich_Tyson

last half of 2017 was rough.. duked it out with PM.. Shortly thereafter dealt with the thrips.. and about 2 weeks after my last post on this thread I discovered russets.
PM sucks.. thrips are a speed bump but fuck.. russets.
I had been keeping my moms in solos for many months at a time.. on the occasions that i couldn't water within 24 hours they would dry out, lockout, bounce back, i'd get em flushed out, and be back in action. rinse lather repeat.
around thanksgiving i got a lockout that wasn't bouncing back so i decided it was time to pot em up finally. So i did. went upstate for a couple days, and came back to some fucked up plants.
That lockout was not lockout at all. it was russets just beginning to ravage my veg..
I couldn't fight the battle with dozens of veggers and moms.. it was too much foliage
had to cull all the plants I had perfectly timed (FINALLY!) to jump into flower right after the last batch. banana og, xxx og, kosher kush.. these hadn't been backed up.
I had to eliminate more plants, so i sullenly culled several of my recent seed selections.. i had to keep my elites. black triangle, dragons blood, chocolate trip, sour strawberry, dank sinatra.. each unique and special to me, were scrapped. I culled one or two more elites.
I had all of those sativa seed plants, that i had had for about 8 months that fought with me through the PM, thrips, missed the boat due to timing, and were finally going to get their chance.. culled all but 2.

All plants that remained were cut back to 3 or 4 branches, each with a shitty looking node or two a piece.
This shit was devastating.
I went nuclear for 2 weeks.. not fun and not proud times.
but I think we came out ahead. I believe the cycle is broken, and I haven't seen a trace in almost two months. I have tried to keep up with IPM since.
I really need to formulate a strict regimen still.

I had just set up the basement to host my veggers so that i could flower more in the room, and i still have not returned plants to the basement. will need to deep clean down there, and will still be worried.

All of the moms made amazing recoveries, they are now backed up, and I have plants that are almost ready to flip.
They'd be ready, if i were better at potting up in coco. overly wet, and possibly overly charged media at xplant had them locked out for a week. they have drank their way thru it and are starting to rebound.

so that's where we are at..

so here are some still not so glamorous pictures..

happy to be back on the hunt.. Prayer Tower, Animal Face, Sunshine Daydream
picture.php

the rebounding sativas, trynna be flipped as soon as they get their color back.
P1, Schrom, Mango Nigerian, Weird Jimmy
picture.php

picture.php

clone game still ain't strong.. only lost 1 out of the 'round 60 cuts i took.. but they were rough coming out of the dome.. mom backups, and plants for the other light.
gunna re run my headbanger selections alongside AJ and original diesel on the right side.
picture.php

the moms that made it thru the borg
picture.php

Trich_Tyson

two more moms that are in the big area till i kill all the big mommas off in the next week or so. these were also ones that came back from the dead.

Also figured might be nice to post somewhat happy plants lol

Stardawg Guava
picture.php

Headbanger #12
picture.php

some smokables

shot of corey taken by my homie
picture.php

AJ
picture.php

picture.php

Trich_Tyson

thanks Ona! and thanks for checkin in.. hows things by you?

couple more pics. I had my lady take pics of my last crop, before chop and really never got around to sharing much of them, particularly on the boards.. I'll post em here and there since i don't have much excitement going on in the room yet.

original diesel/daywrecker diesel/underdawg diesel/headband/diesel #1..
at this point i don't even know what i typically refer to it as lol.
I believe it is Chem (D?) x (MSSxNL)
the nose is very similar to sour, minus the sour citric layers.. a touch more fuel, and a tiny dash of sweetness. the volume is about the same as AJ.
picture.php

I didn't take many pics of the mite devastation, and things got worse than this pic..
When these kinda things happen its full panic mode, and i never think "oh hey, i should take pics of the damage and recovery process." but these were some moms after they got a cut back a bunch.
I believe the key to winning these battles is really to eliminate foliage/living quarters for pests.
whether that means cutting back plants or minimizing inventory
picture.php

onavelzy

Veteran
thanks Ona! and thanks for checkin in.. hows things by you?

couple more pics. I had my lady take pics of my last crop, before chop and really never got around to sharing much of them, particularly on the boards.. I'll post em here and there since i don't have much excitement going on in the room yet.

original diesel/daywrecker diesel/underdawg diesel/headband/diesel #1..
at this point i don't even know what i typically refer to it as lol.
I believe it is Chem (D?) x (MSSxNL)
the nose is very similar to sour, minus the sour citric layers.. a touch more fuel, and a tiny dash of sweetness. the volume is about the same as AJ.
View Image

I didn't take many pics of the mite devastation, and things got worse than this pic..
When these kinda things happen its full panic mode, and i never think "oh hey, i should take pics of the damage and recovery process." but these were some moms after they got a cut back a bunch.
I believe the key to winning these battles is really to eliminate foliage/living quarters for pests.
whether that means cutting back plants or minimizing inventory
View Image

Good to see you're working your way back. I've been lucky to avoid mites so far. I went nuclear last Fall when I heard of people I know getting them but I never saw any signs in my space. The anti-microbials aren't well liked by the young plants either though.

I'm in between flowering sessions right now. Going to spend a little time trying to eliminate environmental weaknesses before I do my next run.

Keep sending pics. And by all means, please DO show any pics that you have that show signs of mites, PM, etc. The more we know, the better.

I'm in for the ride here as long as you're in the saddle. Welcome back.

Latest posts

Latest posts