What's new

Price inflation

Cuddles

after watching my two sons being born, i'm understandably skeptical about claims that "nobody could get them into"..."enjoying it" might be another story. but then, i've known women that (apparently) need just a little pain/abuse during sex to flip the switch...thank God for variety.👍

getting it in is not the same as getting out ;) But hey, what ever people enjoy doing to themselves... let them enjoy it.
But my friend who´s had 2 kids herself agreed with me when I compared it to child birth, lol. Mind you neither of us is masochistic :D
I reckon that these massively oversized ones are bought for amusing decoration and stuff like than , rather than for actual pleasure :)

buzzmobile

Veteran
Nobody could get them into their body, let alone enjoy it :bigeye: :biggrin:

Challenge accepted.
challenge.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I reckon that these massively oversized ones are bought for amusing decoration and stuff like than , rather than for actual pleasure :)

conversation starters, lol. "is that YOURS?" 😲 i guess you could show it to someone if you wanted the night to end early...😉

Cuddles

conversation starters, lol. "is that YOURS?" 😲 i guess you could show it to someone if you wanted the night to end early...😉

lmao looking back this could have come in handy more than once :D especially those times when the real one was the opposite of oversized,lol (I mean really tiny ...)

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Inflation is the GOVENMENT's fault. Joe is in charge. Make up your own mind.

By that logic it's every leader of every country in the world's fault. And obviously not corporate greed.

Oh wait...

2021 Corporate profits above pre-pandemic average:
3,777%: Moderna
1,445%: ConocoPhillips
535% Carlyle Group
453%: Amazon
394%: Capital One
333%: Blackstone
208%: Ford
212%: Google
119%: Target
185%: Chevron
164%: Facebook

I've made up my mind that you are a smooth brained moron.

Cuddles

Another example of price inflation/ businesses/retailers taking advantage...or whatever you want to call it:
I went to the supermarket again and I saw the type of flour I use on the shelves. This time from a different company BUT the price tag was 4.70 (or so) EUR for 1 bag and this bag of flour is just 1 kg.!!
The one I always buy `only´ cost 1.19/1.29 EUR.
I swear I nearly fffffffainted!
One of the reasons I do my own baking is that (besides being more healthy for me) it´s cheaper.
No idea how much they´re charging for their ready baked bread these days...

buzzmobile

Veteran
Most recent purchase of Organic Coconut Oil was same price as several months ago. The only difference in the product was the size of the container. 80 oz. jar several months ago is now a 56 oz. jar for the same price.

Cuddles

Most recent purchase of Organic Coconut Oil was same price as several months ago. The only difference in the product was the size of the container. 80 oz. jar several months ago is now a 56 oz. jar for the same price.
they do that over here too, well all shops round the world I´m guessing. They hope that we are too stupid to notice... but not all of us are ;)

'Boogieman'

By that logic it's every leader of every country in the world's fault. And obviously not corporate greed.

Oh wait...

2021 Corporate profits above pre-pandemic average:
3,777%: Moderna
1,445%: ConocoPhillips
535% Carlyle Group
453%: Amazon
394%: Capital One
333%: Blackstone
208%: Ford
212%: Google
119%: Target
185%: Chevron
164%: Facebook

I've made up my mind that you are a smooth brained moron.
2021, you posted a covid vaccine pharmaceutical company which their profits are beyond obvious, many companies in high growth like Amazon, and companies that sell commodities which benefit the most from inflation like oil companies. If you don't know why these companies are making a profit year over year then you don't know shit about economics.

The fed printing money and government spending is the #1 reason for inflation. Despite higher prices as long as economic growth stays strong consumers will keep spending and the higher prices of commodities will be passed on to the consumer.

Three Berries

The FED and the debt is an asset financial thinking relies on inflation. They normally only want 2% or so a year but it is necessary to make new money. The problem is when people like Greenspan come along and artificially use low interest rates to encourage debt accumulation to the point of no return.

That's were we are today. The US dollar has to crash as it's already lost 99% of it's value. It's value is completely smoke.

Cuddles

I also noticed that butter has gone up even more. The (cheap brand) butter I have been buying has become pricier these past year or so (since covid maybe?) but this week it jumped up even higher.
So the cheapest butter now costs 2.09 EU for 250 grams. 2 weeks ago it was about 1.69 or 1.79 EUR.
I´m gonna check how much cream is next time I go out for groceries but I´m sure it´ll be the same problem. If cream is cheaper you can just make your own butter at home :)
But my mum tells me that all dairy products are now more expensive :(

Cannavore

Veteran
2021, you posted a covid vaccine pharmaceutical company which their profits are beyond obvious, many companies in high growth like Amazon, and companies that sell commodities which benefit the most from inflation like oil companies. If you don't know why these companies are making a profit year over year then you don't know shit about economics.

The fed printing money and government spending is the #1 reason for inflation. Despite higher prices as long as economic growth stays strong consumers will keep spending and the higher prices of commodities will be passed on to the consumer.
okay now do individuals. billionaire wealth doubled during covid. let me say that a different way;

billionaire wealth increased more during covid than in the last 14 years combined. it is the largest surge of billionaire wealth since we began keeping these kinds of records.

economic growth isn't strong whatsoever lol.

Ten richest men double their fortunes in pandemic while incomes of 99 percent of humanity fall​

highfidelity

I dont even buy bacon anymore 📈 used to get the good natural stuff for about 7$ a lb and it's now 7$ for 7 ounces. Maybe 6 months ago it was 6$ for 8oz.
Screenshot_20220418-160819_Chrome.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts