What's new

Preservation, Breeding and Testing

andl

i will preserve these old yumbolts for you and me 4 sure, when the project is done i will get ya some dont worry ;)

should be really funny and interesting ;) PS: what strain did ya smoke? ^^

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Yumbolt F2s FTW!!! I actually met tony and talked for two days straight. I told him about the two packs of yumbolts I aqquired and how one pack was older that was from the og parents and that was something he couldn't even find. I was going to do some breeding for him, but with a recent raid I can't find the heart to email him back about what happened. I really hope for the best for you with these. I gifted 4 seeds to a very good grower to preserve, but of the newer pack, he only has one runty lady, but we'll see how she does.

Anyways as far as what I smoked...wow that was almost a decade ago, and as far as I remember we didn't really go by the name game too much back then. So let just go with some good old bay area home grown. Knowing hippies when you are coming up as a young buck helpped me to quickly surpass the bammer/green bud stage.

BTW...tagged for duration.

PROPH

andl

yeah i got 2 packs of them the shop claimed they were old so about 2003/2004 i just took 4 of the 20 beans others got a friend who will do a project too.

the point is they claimed both were back from 03/04 but i saw there were diffrences on the packs, one of them had written on the backside cannabis cup winner 2001 the other didnt, also the beans where little diffrent in one pack more large beans others tiny dark indica ones.

well we will see maybe tony can jump in and clear thgis up ?

i ll keep em comin' ;)

andl

i picked the 4 from the little dark beans, doesnt know if there was written cup winner or not, got the pics somewhere

andl

i picked up some more, finally

ACE Old timers haze and the panama ^^

also last 3 oldpacks sag's wonderberrys, hope it was the time dj worked with tony

soon i get the californian gentics too hope this week it will arrive.

andl

the new soil mix

attachment.php

transplanting ( nice rooted csd)

attachment.php

Attachments

• soil1.jpg
    soil1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 11
  • transplant1.jpg
    transplant1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 12

andl

you cant see on the pics but they got too acid soil and so micronutrient damages i fixed in the new mix but it will take some time...

never needed lime so i hope it will work fast enough because plants really need higher ph, and the soil is super buffer cant get it fixed with ph -/+ adjustments.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
So far so good, sounds like you're getting everything dialed in and your plants will love you for it. Can't wait for the veg shot of the yummy's. Also I had a pack of Wonderberry's, but never knew tony worked with dj short, really makes me sad I don't have them that much more. I also had Blue Thunder with was a blueberry cross that I could see being a dj short hybrid, because it was the least yeilding and I was warned about mutants.

Anyways rock on brother...Still here, still watching...Peace

Proph.

andl

so they told me lime should work within about a week but i wasnt really convinced about that, lime can take some time ^^ you know....

so i foliar fed them today with some epson salt (two percent solutuion with ph 6.5) just to get over the rounds till lime s kicking slowly in.

but problems getting more serious day to day, theres a mag+ca ph lockout and it will take some time to fix it correctly. i hate it ^^

i know soil is hard buffering (of course) but when i add as much potassium peroxide above ph 9+ or so can i get it dialed in with that too any1 knows? or would that hurt the roots because ppm is going really nice up when i add so much. (tap water ph is about 7.1)

makes me sad seeing plants took serious damgaged and that it takes so long to fix it...

i wanted to show you some pics of the plants but a storm was coming up and i was in a hurry and i left the camera and all the things alone there.

well i m sure i will work things out sooner or later, just some more patience ^^

of course i want to thank you all, makes me happy you're joined in and watching/following.

just little bit busy right now

bye stay save

andl

things getting better and better !

the epson salt is working like a miracle, plants are 30-50% bigger in 6 days,

also today i had much work i transplanted all plants (the ones upon rooted from 1/2gallon 1,5L the whole 2gallon 6,5L pots within 4-6 days!) and also i'm caring about few clones on rockwool (but never really worked with rockwool)

looks like i m getting some space problems ;)

but bad news for us too,unfortunately it looks like theres out of 4 yumbolts NO MALE PLANT (but the job will get done, just patience) and out of 4 Flos i got 3 males, would like to change 2 flos for 1 yumbolt male ^^

i m going to top them tomorrow ( i m late for that)
i will wait 3 more days and spray them again with some epson salt solution and then soon cuttings will be taken of all the plants!

stay save !

bye

PS pics coming asap

andl

here we go

had birthday and so i was little more busy ;) also some smaller heath problems, gettin on my nerves.

so reworked the room i got more lights and more space to work now, i put the tent out also i got rid of the clones a friend of mine finally took em over.

i topped them very late but they doing well and they re getting bigger and bigger, i m in a hurry to build the cloners to get ready for taking clones of all the plants.

Also very happy about the fact that i got the old genetics back here its jack flash clone around here for 10+ years... (seeds bought @ adam in old positronics shop)
and the G13xHp from Sensis old stock.

first pic is the room (old pic with tent within)
second are the rooted rockwool clones
third is the rooted yumbolt just took from 1,5L to 6,5L 4-6 days :D (4th also)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 15
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 13
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 13

andl

some more shots

2 older room shots on second you can see plants getting bigger fast.

also the other 2 shots is a nevilles skunk she s just 20"-25" but the fan leafes are bigger than my hand even now.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 14

andl

a few more ;)

put out the tent for more space also got lights in better position and more.

and a group shot

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 14
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 10
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 9

andl

also i ve to say this grow is "legal" as far....right now

but its permitted to flower the girls, well that will be necessary for making any seeds ;)

so my next intention is to save all the genetics first in some friends area, just in case.

andl

hey thx for interest, but

i m not gonna flip to 12/12 with these these are the seed mum's and next few steps are...

getiing as much clones of all the female plants, i will give them away for preserving (just in case)

and keep a few by myself for seeds

also at the same time the male plants will go into flowering chambers (in the tent) so i can flower them all out at once, i ll collect the pollen and then let the female clones flowering out and pollinate (only each strain for itself)

so i get plenty of seeds from the strains listed on the first site.

my friends (or i myself) will flower the rest of clones to check which is the best mum of each strain alll others can be killed then.

this project should end up with lots of seeds of each strain and just the keeper mum of each strain from seed.

no need for weed here ;)

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
You have everything looking just about perfect. Your making me proud and a little jealous with those lovely yumbolts. Kudos, I'm still lurking. Oh and happy belated birthday.

andl

thanks very much for your kind words prophet.

yeah some minor changes has to be made and just in case of interest i will get 4x600 watt MH and 4x600 watt red/yellow.

now i just got 2 of the 4 blue ones.

Latest posts

Latest posts