What's new

Prepping for first harvest

slyman

Figuring this girl's ready, but one more day won't hurt right? Aiming to cut during the full moon tomorrow night. Hasn't been watered since yesterday, no nutrients in a couple weeks. Just want to make sure I'm understanding how to do everything correctly. It's an outdoor plant, but it's in a pot, figured it's fine to not do a huge dark period and just cut it at night.

Plan is:

cut tomorrow night under full moon (later is better?)
hang in a room at ~70F 50% RH for 7-10 days
trim
cure in jars

Attachments

• photo2080451.jpg
    photo2080451.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 48
  • photo2080452.jpg
    photo2080452.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 52
  • photo2080453.jpg
    photo2080453.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 45

negative37dBA

Veteran
Really no idea from those pictures. Full moon is a myth, makes no diff when you harvest as long as its ready. Trichs should be at least milky if not some amber.
Really try to go for 60 degrees and 60 % humidity for 14 days with a full plant hang no cure in jars at all. Trim it all when done drying. When you jar it, it should be ready and need no more cure..... 7 days is to little time.
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

slyman

Really no idea from those pictures. Full moon is a myth, makes no diff when you harvest as long as its ready. Trichs should be at least milky if not some amber.
Really try to go for 60 degrees and 60 % humidity for 14 days with a full plant hang no cure in jars at all. Trim it all when done drying. When you jar it, it should be ready and need no more cure..... 7 days is to little time.
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

Thanks, appreciate it. Just wanted to harvest on full moon cuz it's cool haha. But yea they're pretty much all at least milky and a bit of amber, more in some spots than others.

And got it on the 14 days 60F 60rh, that actually is easier to sustain

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Agreed, the moon thing is a myth but given the moon's relationship with tides I get why people make that connection. I also agree that you can't tell for sure from those pics, the magnification just isn't strong enough but it looks to me like they could go a bit longer with no problem. If as you say though they are pretty much all milky with a bit of amber you're good to go whenever you're ready. If you follow the drying advice negative37dBA gave you more of those milky trichomes should turn amber along the way.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Looking closer with my glasses I see some amber there for sure....depending on how you like it she may be real close.
Have a great day! Peace, negative.