What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Pre-Soviet" Afghani Question

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe the title would be more clear if it were called "Pre Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan, Afghani"...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When did the Soviets invade Afghanistan?
The Pre Soviet Affy originates previous to this date.
It's as simple as that.

Of course the quality of exported Afghan hash declined. It was sold dry within a few years after the hippy trail was established.
There's a fairly decent historical account in R.C.C.'s book HASHISH.

All the countries of Central Asia minus Iran and Afghanistan were under soviet control and this is why we don't see many landrace's from places like Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan even tho they hold some of the most ancient genetics of cannabis and grows wild everywhere...if the soviets succeeded in Afghanistan u really have to question if we would see any genetics from this country or the filth opiates that r plaguing the world

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
Jalabad Star fully finished with next gen seed sept. 20th here at just shy of 37deg NL..2500'ele..night temps dropped to high 40's for 3 days and purple shading commenced........

look forward to sampling this LR from ghanistan..............

ganj on.........

BlackBart

Veteran
Jalalbad Star is a Gem . I just harvested two yesterday

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 24

Raho

Veteran
Beautiful flower Bart!
How's she smell?
Got any closer pics?
Love to see the calyx's and resin.
Thanks!

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
yes sir Bart.........same look........has good potential and fresh gene pools are always welcome..........

ganj on......

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Yes thanks guys I tried with the old link "vintagexsitu.bigcartel.com" that's why I thought the site didn't worked anymore...

BlackBart

Veteran
Here is a few pics of Chitral Precious . She's coming down today .
Nice hard bud that I really can't put my finger on the way she smells .

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 28

Scrappy-doo

Hell yeah BlackBart she looks awesome! Need to pick this one up as well as the Jalalabad Star.

Pakistan Treasure looks interesting too. I noticed the price was a little higher on that one despite it being a mix of BLD and NLD, lower yielding, and having intersex tendencies. Got to be a reason he's charging $5 more for that one.

Did you find the quality of the females to be consistent in these lines, or was there a lot of variation?

highsteppa

Veteran
Did you find the quality of the females to be consistent in these lines, or was there a lot of variation?

I can only speak on the JS, but I find them pretty consistent, at least in my patch. Smell, bud structure, trich cover, harvest time and plant habit all are very close. there are some slight differences, but overall very impressed with the uniformity. Most are purpling to some degree and 1 or 2 are staying green.

they are doing well with the humid weather we've been having and the buds are dense. The little I've trimmed up looks tight. I should be harvesting them now but need to wait a few days until Im free.

BlackBart

Veteran
I would agree with the JS being fairly stable in its plant profile . There are some slight variations but very minute .

As far as the Chitral goes ..this is the first time I have grown her out so I will have to grow it out a few more times before I get a true assessment .

Latest posts

Latest posts