What's new

Pre-paid Visa gift card -- Transaction Denied

arpnuke

I found this thread and it appears to be relevant: http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=82317&highlight=card+declined

I registered my address online and called up the Indian call center to confirm that everything was working right. Apparently once registered online these cards adhere fully to the Address Verification System of online merchants. The best the gal told me was to try using my card somewhere else, but my card was fully loaded and working fine.

So, have any of you guys used a preloaded visa gift card to order beans? I bought the card because I wanted to save time on getting the seeds here and now its turning into more of a headache than I could have imagined with a money order :bashhead: Any way to call gypsy and phone in the CC# or am I shit out of luck?

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
does the card work when you tried to buy something else? I have used those cards without a problem many times. I would send a PM to [email protected] if it doesn't straighten out....

Last edited:

arpnuke

I'll try buying a pack of gum or something and see if the transaction went through. The walmart line says the card is loaded with $100 and the associate confirmed that it was authorized to the correct address. The only thing different from this prepaid compared to others is that there is no name field for the authentication side of things. Would that be a problem?

ExEcutioner

I had that same problem before, except i believe my card worked for online purchases after i registered it.

But yeah inform gypsy about that, because the store online i was purchasing from were the ones that told me what i needed to do to make an online purchase with that card.

arpnuke

Thanks guys, I sent an email. I bought a bottle of tonic water with it and it worked like a charm. Hopefully the beans will come through in time for this season :)

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
ok check this out i had a visa pre paid.
i don't like them becasue of all teh info u have to put (including SS, addy,etc)

also i tried placing an order online that was declined due to the wrong billing address and not matchin whats on record, even though it was declined-the bank still took the money, you can go around the billing adderess on file thing by calling and placing your order, for me it was a hydro shop order i didn't want on my cc statement, you may have to call visa pre pay and demand your funds put back on the card if they took any off...

pHaroaH

The fine print also states that until you receive your permanent card, you will not be able to charge to foreign countries.

jerrymcginnis

yeah like pharoah said.. you can't charge internationally unless you have a greendot card registered to a social security number... which I heard can be found in the trash can and even arrive in the trash mail bin at your apt complex!

J

jaw

i bought my prepaid card at walgreens, and didnt have to register anything, just bought the card, came home and ordered the beans. =] i havent received the beans yet but it says order has been shipped

dbcooper

Some 'gift cards' from stores are us only cards, others from banks are international capable they tend to ask for a name or ID when buying them, oops forgot my ID but here is my name works.

jaw:got a question

jaw:got a question

how did the order end up turning out??because im ordering seeds in the next day or two and i keep hearing mixed opinions as far as the visa pre paids working or not?? wal greens located close to me and this would be the most convient if you say that it worked for you..if so did it happen to be seed boutique because this is whole ill be ordering from and it would be reassuring to hear that they accepted your order using the card..thanks alot

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
you should have just registered the CC with your safe house address and name u used for the buy.....
ummm DUH?!

newbgrow

Some banks and credit card companies would automatically set up blocks for transactions they deem suspicious (e.g. out of the country, online gambling). All you have to do is call them and tell them you approve of the transaction.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
If you have one why are you guys not using your real card?

On your CC bill it will NOT say what you have bought and if you get caught growing you will have far more important things to worry about than where your seeds came from...

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Many (most!) prepaid cards don't work for international orders. Could that be the issue?

SeedBoutique are pretty safe to order from using your own CC... I'm about to hit checkout on a few orders now actually.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i tried using those cards too...they dont work online unless you give up your real information.

they are good for paying at the automated postal center in POs though...to skip the line

for seeds i go to the post office. buy a money order, send it express...get my beans in under two weeks...simple as hell

Latest posts

Latest posts