What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pre 98 Bubba Kush vs. Bubba Kush?

aeviaanah

here is my bubba kush from last grow...i picked it up from a dispensary in LA...not sure what cut she is. great none the less. smoked it all since then and she deserves a long great cure.

7weeksflower3.jpg

7weeksflower6.jpg

8weeksflower6.jpg

8weeksflower3.jpg

saldiado

pre 98

pre 98

Pre98BubbaKush64daysblackbackground.jpg That looks dank man. Heres a pre 98 bubba kush at 64 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

scarred4life

So are the leaves on katsu lighter green than the pre-98?

I have two bubba cuts, the lighter of which has bigger internode spaces, is a little sweeter, and produces a little more resin than the darker one. I have no idea which cuts they are, just know they are both bubba and sourced here in norcal.

R

Red Swan

That I don't know. The Katsu I have has dark green massive leaves. It's slow in veg until about 13-15 inches then starts to really grow. The katsu supposedly yields better , but it's still a low yielder. It's pretty strong smoke. I'm harvesting now.

S

Seismic

Its ok labtec, some people have no tact. In other news the mislabled clone I thought I was bubba during the first part of flowering, ended up being a c4c99 cross. Take care dude:santa1:

T

THC_Decapitator

cobcoop that is a amazing cut you have . so nice !

i prefer the original bubba and used to run the pre-98 bubbba that was vended to the fairfax club . i had to let her go and i hate myself for it :(

sidewing

could anybody help me distinguish which cut of bubba kush i have... i grabbed it from a local club simply as "bubba kush" but its definately some sort of bk.. smells just like all the bk ive had and looks like it as well...

when i first got the clone it was short thick and bushy... vegged pretty vigorously.. i threw 2 clones into flower with only a week of veg from time of transplant.. they were probably 6 inches tall.. at the end of flower (did a 55 day before i cut them) they were at least 3-4 feet tall.. and each plant yielded nearly 2oz... very good results considering i did the same side by side with an urkle same everything and the urkle only yielded an oz if that...

here is the bud shots of a day 55 cut after dry:
bk1.jpg - bk2.jpg

here is the big fanleaf.. 9 fingers
bk-fanleaf.jpg

here is a shot of the top nodes.. these only have 7 fingers for some reason.. usually 9
bk-fanleaf2.jpg

please help me distinguish which bk this is.. smells very kushy but also a strong scent of bubbleberry-ish.. EXTREMELY sticky..

G

Greyskull

mmmmmm pre 98 bubba
a classic

some folks call it 'trendy'
haha

trendy pot kicks ass!!!!

picture.php

picture.php

that socalmaster is pretty similiar/maybe even better depending on your individual pallate

W

weshjo

BubbaKush pre01 Katsu

Attachments

• DSCN10420001.JPG
    DSCN10420001.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN10440001.JPG
    DSCN10440001.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN10350001.JPG
    DSCN10350001.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 10

Anima

Wow greyskull nice plant.. (dont mean to bubble burst) I don't think it's the pre 98 bubba though.. In fact I would bet against it.. Your plant yields WAAAAY better than the pre 98. The bubba nugs are WAAY denser and more white with trichs... It could be a cross with the bubba though...
Thats the downside of "trendy"... all the knockoffs

There has been numerous self'd BK seed runs...and now even the boutique has an afganXbubblegum variety they call bubba kush. :rolleyes:

weshjo- Now thats the bubba! To tell ya the truth it looks to me to be the same plant as the pre 98..
El Gato- Care to elaborate more on the diffrences between the katsu and the pre 98?

But really... Good weed is good weed.... not all good weed has to be bubba kush... but the bubba kush is some good weed... :joint:puffpuff pass

Heres some 3D bubba (pre 98) This one was flowered under 150w hps:
picture.php

There is more in my gallery.

Bubba Kush reminds me of "sloth" in the goonies for some reason...

Happy holidaze folks
Peace and kindness
-Anima

sidewing

Wow greyskull nice plant.. (dont mean to bubble burst) I don't think it's the pre 98 bubba though.. In fact I would bet against it.. Your plant yields WAAAAY better than the pre 98. The bubba nugs are WAAY denser and more white with trichs... It could be a cross with the bubba though...

There has been numerous self'd BK seed runs...and now even the boutique has an afganXbubblegum variety they call bubba kush. :rolleyes:

weshjo- Now thats the bubba! To tell ya the truth it looks to me to be the same plant as the pre 98..
El Gato- Care to elaborate more on the diffrences between the katsu and the pre 98?

But really... Good weed is good weed.... not all good weed has to be bubba kush... but the bubba kush is some good weed... :joint:puffpuff pass

Heres some 3D bubba (pre 98):
picture.php

There is more in my gallery.

Bubba Kush reminds me of "sloth" in the goonies for some reason...

Happy holidaze folks
Peace and kindness
-Anima

his looks a lot like mine.. so maybe the cut i have is pre 98? except i thought mine yielded rather high... started from a clone 6 inches tall and from 55 days of flower i yielded about 2oz per plant.. what do u think.. when i got it i looked at it and thought to myself "yeah thats the bubba".. it was just short stocky thick bushy beast.. and it showed veg progress from the moment i dropped it into soil.. just very vigorous node growth.. while staying short and bushy.. then it stretched to almost 4 feet tall during the whole flower process... very very very much covered in white/crystally... has a very kushy smell from a distance but if u squeeze it smells more kush/berrish..

G

Greyskull

Wow greyskull nice plant.. (dont mean to bubble burst) I don't think it's the pre 98 bubba though.. In fact I would bet against it. Your plant yields WAAAAY better than the pre 98....

thats rad! she just got vegged/set up properly, and got 1000w of hps goodness. the long long long veg time i am sure helped! this particular cut was retrieved from NNCC, sourced from swerve 04/20/07 (who has since vouched for its authenticity as the pre98).

here's adifferent run to show how colorful she can get
picture.php

picture.php

It could be a cross with the bubba though...

-Anima

i know exactly what you mean - the rasberry kush i have is almost identical... and the hogsbreath growtech had was sooo close, too. we were saying all 3 of those could pass for straight bubba... I can say for sure the rasberrry is close grow wise, though it doesnt quite yeild as much/shes a little bit stingier. the socalmaster grows sort of similiar, except she doesnt stretch at all and isnt quite as resinous as she grows (though i think i like the smoke - which is the important part - better).

basically, as long as the cross is bubba dominant enough im pretty sure it will be pretty good. SELECTION (as always) is the key.

Anima

thats rad! she just got vegged/set up properly, and got 1000w of hps goodness. the long long long veg time i am sure helped! this particular cut was retrieved from NNCC, sourced from swerve 04/20/07 (who has since vouched for its authenticity as the pre98).

here's adifferent run to show how colorful she can get
picture.php

picture.php

Well I'll eat that crow... Shoulda took my bet, you'd be richer now. :D Just kidding I'm so broke you would have got an IOU..

Those pics are bubba all the way. Great job on it-- Never seen one yeild so well.

Peace and kindness
-Anima

G

Greyskull

dont eat crow smoke bubba!

or rasberry or socalmaster.... or katsu, even!