What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pre 98 Bubba Kush vs. Bubba Kush?

RipVanWeed

I'm harvesting my 1st Kush plants.

This Master Bubba Kush went 67 days

67 days here as well, but I plucked the fan leaves on this one

Closeup

Most pleased with my Master Bubba, tasty and strong.

Much Respect,

moonie

I got a Pre 98 goin right now, she aint gonna yield alot but she's got 3 weeks left and the buds are rock hard already. So frosty, turnin a tny bit purple at the tip top. Looking like bud on a stick.

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Which, what, who, whhaaaa?
I've grown Bubba, Master Kush and Pure Kush on their own as well as all together and in my opinion for the majority of growers any of these top selected plants will make a grower happy. The differences are noticeable but small and not worth thinking about too much unless one is breeding with the plant.
I think bubba is tastier than mk. Some feel that mk is stronger than Bubba. Pure Kush has quite the rep too. She seemed to stretch the most and smell the sweetest of the three but seemed the least potent to me. PK seemed like it would outyield bubba but the nugs were never as dense. Out of the three I like the bubba the best. Potent...but its the flavor of bubba thats wins for me!
I found going to 70 days is very important to get the top notch smoke. Its couchier, but the flavor...oh my!
I hear there are all kinds of new ones around...even an Obama Kush wtf?!!!
They are all great, the differences subtle.
a few pics for kicks!
Bubba
picture.php

this one with child from GK dad at 75-80 days
picture.php

Pure Kush
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Master Kush

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

All three cuts elbow to elbow:
picture.php

Enjoy em all!
RM

F_T_P!

bubba kush x grape krush (retardo motabon)

picture.php

The Retardo sounds delicious.

I had a similar dilemma a few weeks ago, I went to the dispensary to get the pre'98 and walked out with OC Bubba. The OC was about 8" taller and looked vigorous. It will be vegging for a few more weeks and I will post some pics when I get some flowers. I will be getting pre'98 in the future, but I had to give OC a run.

geekusa

What would be a good compliment to grow along side Pre 98 Bubba Kush? I was planning on growing six Pre 98, and have room for six more. Since Pre 98 is considered a low yielder, what would be good to run along side that tends to produce more?

highstandards

Awesome thread on bubba's!

Anyone else notice that the Bubbas dont like alot of light? Mine definitely didnt like being centered under the 1000 whereas other strains dont mind it at all. Master Bubba and "plain" Bubba too

S

stonescafe

i just scored some pre 98 bubba kush f6 beans this is the description from the seller.......

Bubba Kush x OG Kush Bx3 . I crossed the males back to a Pre 98 Bubba(clone) 3 more times and then grew them out 6 times picking the most vigorous of each sex to mate each time

sidewing

Gonna dig up an old thread. I just got a new cut of pre98 bubba from harborside. I think it's from dark heart nursery. The leaves definitely look like the pre98 in this thread. I'm not doing organic soil anymore, but dwc/raw salts with no veg time. Straight from cloner to flower. We'll see how it ends up. I got the very last clone of it when I went. Also grabbed platinum og, not sure which is gonna end up better.

Mudraya

Gonna dig up an old thread. I just got a new cut of pre98 bubba from harborside. I think it's from dark heart nursery. The leaves definitely look like the pre98 in this thread. I'm not doing organic soil anymore, but dwc/raw salts with no veg time. Straight from cloner to flower. We'll see how it ends up. I got the very last clone of it when I went. Also grabbed platinum og, not sure which is gonna end up better.

Since no one else said it...I highly recommend NOT doing that. At least let her get to 1'. She will stretch a little but not enough to go no veg.

Mudraya

Can't edit yet so another post. Someone earlier in the thread stated that the Katsu is a big yielder, that is not true. I got the cut about 10 yrs ago with one degree of separation that was one lanky, stubborn cut. Meanwhile had PK to the point where folks were calling it the "other, super yielding PK" which was not true, so it wasn't me. Anyways, one thing I found incredibly distinctive about the Katsu was the viscosity of the oils when trimming. It is incredibly oily almost like snot for lack of...and what was left on the scissors scraped right off like melted cheese, very easily. I wasn't impressed and ended up scrapping it but enjoyed the learning experience as always. Would much rather have MK or PK back than Katsu, to each their own!

Happy Times

Anyone know the difference between P98 and Bubba?

Different phenos from a batch of seed? There's that video on YouTube talking about the origins of bubba kush, sounds like he's talking about the P98? If so, wondering where the other versions might have come from.

Happy Times

I picked up some P98 and also Bubba Kush from the Clinic in Denver around May, the P98 had more of a similarity in nose to OG kush and was really small bits of buds. Nice puff and didn't really hit me as couchlock (which was a little disappointing because I bought it wanting to go to knockout town)

The bubba kush was much more chunky and solid, with a sweet nose to it (was wondering if it could have had bubblegum in it??) and a heavy droopy eyed stone. Didn't have that piney lemon scent I associate with OG Kush related strains.

Kush_Kloud

I believe Swerve's pre-98' Bubba Kush is the Original Bubba Kush or close to it. And no real Bubba Kush doesn't have bubblegum in its genetic makeup.

KK

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
If you want breeding potential get the pre 98, She breeds best and produces some very good offspring. I have seen plenty of nice s1's from the pre 98 as well. So if you wanna make beans get her.

The Katsu is my favorite all time smoke, I'd rather smoke Katsu then any other. I have seen katsu grown by several people myself included, and she can produce wildly different results depending on the method of grow and how well she was taken care of.

The flavor can be anything from kushy to floral and kinda sweet candy after taste. When she is perfected the flavor is jet fuel on the inhale and pure sweet floral exhale that coats your mouth as well as the best of them.

I wish I didn't lose her and I would toss GG4, Motorbreath, GSC, and the rest of my entire line up if I could get her back into my garden. To each their own for me she was perfection.

Mudraya

Right on Blaze. If I had the chance I would certainly try it again. Who knows? Maybe I effed it up lol.

Katsu

Veteran
Yield sucks. I think most people screw up because they don't let her go long enough. It's connoisseur weed for Indica lovers. Best results for me (flavor, high) is to grow in soil (I like FoxFarm), run her with fairly high nutes, and let her go 10 weeks with nothing but water the last two.

End result, in my opinion, is one of the best tasting Indica's with a strong, happy retard buzz that will put a smile on the face of even the most jaded, old-timer heads :)

Latest posts

Latest posts