What's new

Pre 98 bubba kush tree RDWC.

highonmt

Veteran
This is my first hydro attempt. I'm using an RDWC setup inspired by blazeonups tutorial. Just one plant which has been cloned for the next 12 plant run. I got the clone from an old friend from OR who has had this strain since 96. I'm running Flora Nova grow right now at 1300ppm pH currently is running at 5.5-5.8 in ro water. She has been drinking about 1.5gal a day. 50 days at 18/6 LST from day 1 She gets flipped on 1/1.
100_3453.JPG
100_3457.JPG
100_3452.JPG

highonmt

Veteran
don't turn off the pump.

don't turn off the pump.

So my clones were looking so good last night I went to take a pic. I shut off the cycle timer to check water temps and my buddy came by.... 10 hrs without mist ouch. I'll just have to lollipop a bit more if these don't come back.
100_3450.JPG

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
im sorry about your clones but your plant, i mean your tree:xmastree: is
just beautifull.nice colors leaves-not like mine- and such biggg.:xmasnut:
you r using only floranova flow or both botlles..sorry if i miss something.im greek.:headbange
i would like 2 know what that plant eats.
thanks

highonmt

Veteran
TJO,
Thank you for your kind words. Right now I'm using the floranova grow only plus 1/4 tsp of epsom salt (MgSO4) per gallon of res. But after I switch to 12hrs on 12hrs off on1/1/10 all my nutrient additions will be flora nova bloom. If you have not read blazeonups excellent tutorial on rdwc do; here is an excerpt
Feeding scedule

"Ok heres a chart adjust as needed to maximize growth with your particular strains needs,This is just a good guideline to get you close enough to insure no problems,To allow you to find your plants optimal nutrient levels and adjust to the strains needs.A good thing to do is slowly test your strains raise the ppm's a little drop it a little,Same with the ph take note of the differences in growth save it and use it to see where your getting the increased health and vigor then keep it set at proper levels.Test it often through-out the whole grow slowly making adjustments,You will eventually find the levels your strain best grows at.All strains have different genetic make/ups,And will require different levels of nutrients,And temperature/humidity levels to maximize yeilds/production,So be sure to slowly change all aspects a little at a time and learn your strain,Then maximize your growth/Yeilds!

Indica's
Seedlings and clones 300-400ppm 5.3-5.5 ph
early vegg 500-600ppm 5.3-5.6 ph
middle vegg 600-800ppm 5.4-5.6 ph
late vegg 800-1000ppm 5.5-5.7 ph
early flower 1000-1300ppm 5.5-5.7 ph
middle flower 1400-1600ppm 5.5-5.8 ph
late flower 1000-1100ppm 5.5-5.7 ph
ripening 300-500ppm 5.4-5.6 ph

sativa's
seedlings and clones 250-350ppm 5.3-5.5 ph
early vegg 300-500ppm 5.3-5.6 ph
middle vegg 500-700ppm 5.4-5.6 ph
late vegg 700-900ppm 5.5-5.7 ph
early flower 1000-1100ppm 5.5-5.7 ph
middle flower 1100-1300ppm 5.5-5.8 ph
late flower 800-1000ppm 5.5-5.7 ph
ripening 300-500ppm 5.4-5.6 ph"

I used this as a starting point for my reservoir conditions and then slowly increased to 1300ppm. I like the way flora nova is performing so far the stems are much bigger than my soil grows ever were. The only problem was the lack of Mg in flora nova grow. I knew this when I started by looking at the nutrient profiles on cannastats just google it. So I was ready. The temp in my buckets ranges from 66-69degrees F. And most importantly read this thread. Lots of good advice from the Majdub...
http://www.cannabis-world.org/cw/showthread.php?t=892
Oh and your english is fine I can understand you so don't sweat it.
Cheers,
HM

highonmt

Veteran
Well it is a weed isn't it. This picture was taken 4hrs after the first one.
100_3458.JPG

All but the White widow clone have perked right back up. The white widow was put into the grow room after Big bubba was 30days old. It is suposed to be a high yeilding phenotype...time will tell. Here is a closeup of a kush leaf and lil widow at 20days from a very little skinny clone. I'm not overly impressed yet but the light is at 36" so dont really know.
100_3461.JPG

100_3462.JPG

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
what a cool plant... the leaves are so dark. Pre98 is def. one of my favorites, you are lucky to have it :)

grwAer0

If you dont mind. Can you post some information about the Pre 98 Bubba Kush strain?

Good stuff wow 4 hrs later and looking healthy again, next time be more careful with the pump dude.

highonmt

Veteran
Bubba Kush Genetics

Bubba Kush Genetics

Well I got my clone from a friend in OR who has been growing for a looong time he got this strain from SoCal @1996. It is a clone only strain and produces some incredibly tasty and potent bud with great balance. It is great for pain but still uplifting. From what I've been told it is desended from Ocean Grown Kush (og kush) and Chemdog. I believe the Bubble Gum half of the crosss desended from the famous chem dog of the late 80's early 90's but not sure on that. It is a moderate yeider but with a long veg it can yeild very respectfully. also doesn't strech excessivly so long vegtimes are ok. It is known to be phosphorous hungry in flower so If it starts turning purple I'll up the P till it stays green for the best yeild. My girls are on a 24hour dark cycle and in 2010 the light will return. 1K MH will stay on through the strech and then 1k HPS untill the last weeks then back 1k mh to develop the trichs. I think I'll go smoke a bit of her momma right now...:smokeit:

Cheers and Happy New Years
HM

Frozenguy

Veteran
What a beautiful tree :tree: !!

That stalk is going to support some large tasty buds!!!
I love hearing about real, awesome strains like this.
I wonder if I'll ever get my hands on a strain this legitimate.

Again, what a gorgeous tree, I can't wait to see it late January, even late February :xmasnut:

Thanks for the pictures, keep them coming!

Frozenguy :smokeit:

grwAer0

Well I got my clone from a friend in OR who has been growing for a looong time he got this strain from SoCal @1996. It is a clone only strain and produces some incredibly tasty and potent bud with great balance. It is great for pain but still uplifting. From what I've been told it is desended from Ocean Grown Kush (og kush) and Chemdog. I believe the Bubble Gum half of the crosss desended from the famous chem dog of the late 80's early 90's but not sure on that. It is a moderate yeider but with a long veg it can yeild very respectfully. also doesn't strech excessivly so long vegtimes are ok......

thanks man wow I hope i can be blessed with such a good friend!

also i know its off topic but i am stoned and watever u know but does ur name mean High On Marijuana Trichomes?

highonmt

Veteran
Here's an update this is day 3 of 12/12 the girls drink 2gal of ro water and about 15ml of nutes every day. PH is 5.6-5.9 ppms run 1500 to start and end at 1000ish temps are now 80 for a high and 65 at night to keep nutes at 66- 71F big bubba is already stretching the two main tops. The first pic is the lil widow she is starting to kick it into stretchier gear. The second pic shows my insanely complex grow room controller. And the fan that bubba swallowed. She is 38" by 40" and 4ft tall right now I'm shooting for 7ft at completion. 68days total 1 res change at day 5 after hydroton stabilized.
HM
100_3490.JPG

100_3485.JPG

100_3489.JPG

100_3488.JPG

highonmt

Veteran
Here is a bit of an update. Day 10 of flower. First some observations regarding the floranova series of nutes. The grow half seems to be easy and efficient but you WILL need to add Mg in some form when the plants start growing fast. The pH buffering is great easy to keep in the 5.5-5.9 range at 1300ppm with just a bit of attention. After 60days of veg no residue just a few chunks of insoluable grit and no need to change the solution and no burns at ocassional concs of 1600+ppm. At 60 days they were flipped and I began to add the bloom half. This is where care must be taken if you don't change to a fresh res. The pH dropped like a rock-the bloom is much more acidic than the grow. The first week was stressful..I was sure the dread dwc rootrot was going to lay my girls low. The Ph on the morning of day 7 was 4.9! and my perfect leaves all had brown tips:booked:Luckily the little white widow is small enough to take out of the pot and her roots are white(slightly tan from the humics) and perfect :dance013:whew. So I took ph and tds in the widows bucket...1680! ph 4.9 this was after adjusting the controlers ph to 6.0, 1150ppm and running the pump 1hr!!! So I picked up the drip line and ...nothing! It turns out there is a little screen in the drip hub I'm using that had clogged with grit so nutes were concentrating in the buckets thus the Burn. I drained the system threw the little screen in the trash and added fresh nutes at 1250 Ph at 5.8 and this morning things are looking good ph 5.8. She streched 3in last night! Pics later today when I have some coffee and go feed the chickens and get some fresh cackle berries in my belly.
Cheers

highonmt

Veteran
Here are the pics I took this morning, day 9 of flower you can see the slight burn at the tips form the recirc. pump clog. I added a second recirc line to the big bubba kush for flower. She is really stretching up now and seems to have recovered from my abuse. Feeding at 1250ppm pH has stabilized at 5.8. controller bucket temps range from 65 to 70. TheFN bloom seems to be well buffered like theFN grow but is more acidic; a 1300ppm solution in ro water ph's at 4.2 and requires loads of up.. Lots of pistols forming and she is starting to lose the purple on her main stems. She is now 38"x45" x 4.5'tall.
100_3495.JPG
100_3499.JPG
100_3496.JPG

100_3500.JPG

HM

highonmt

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words. I'm really pleased with the FloraNova series so far although there was a bit of a learning curve. And the strain was a great gift...
HM

highonmt

Veteran
Day 11 of flower PH 5.8 ppm 1300. She is really stretching it out and looking good. did the final lollipop and cut and cut and cut all the bud sites more than 3ft from the lamp. Three more days and I'll fire up the 1k hortilux HPS for 5 weeks then finish under 1k MH. She is looking good and almost 5' tall. I don't think we'll hit 7ft :watchplant: but she does have 15 tops with 4 main colas in the making. Pics soon when I get a chance two kids under 2yrs makes time shrink...
Cheers,
HM

Latest posts

Latest posts