What's new

Power company inspector

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
If you are where I think you are the cops are aggressively hunting down mmj growers. We're a really easy find. Looking for dispensary growers and violations of the states mmj laws. Not a good scene in this state. If popped he will be charged with felony possession with intent to distribute and felony possession of more than an ounce. From there anything else they can think of. And from what I've heard leo even "knows" how many watts of lights should be used max to grow our "legal" limit. A plant waiver can be helpful, but.........with 9k running he won't be able to justify all that for personal use.
I totally do not trust our state's power company.

HUGE

Veteran
If you are where I think you are the cops are aggressively hunting down mmj growers. We're a really easy find. Looking for dispensary growers and violations of the states mmj laws. Not a good scene in this state. If popped he will be charged with felony possession with intent to distribute and felony possession of more than an ounce. From there anything else they can think of. And from what I've heard leo even "knows" how many watts of lights should be used max to grow our "legal" limit. A plant waiver can be helpful, but.........with 9k running he won't be able to justify all that for personal use.

Just out of curiosity what does the Leo say the appropriate amount of watts is for our legal limit.

East coast most uncool State here, with a bud workin' for the power company. He shoots pole transformers and switch gear with a thermographic imager to check for abnormal temps. The Poeleece also come to them with special requests from time to time...like "we noticed the annual usage for this RENTAL property is out'a whack". It has lots to do with the area and surrounding businesses as well. Industrialized, 3 phase with light manufacturing and heavy computer users it doesn't raise too many eye brows, as long as there's a legit Use and Occupancy permit on file for the address that makes sense and shows reasonable evidence of being real. I know of someone that rents a dumpster just to throw the trash from his friend's computer service biz in to keep his front lookin' good. Gotta website and everything toutin' their hyper speed work stations and folding machines. All B.S. but seems to work. Another guy I know has a legit fish breeding biz and they've been to his door twice in the last three years. Not only does he not grow, the dude doesn't even smoke.

Don't know about where he's at but here shit like business licenses and most public records of that sort are searchable on the internet by any average citizen. The utility companies DO keep average annual usage figures for their customers, but I don't know if LEO needs anything from a judge to get a look. My guess is not, probably just a phone call. If the usage is out'a whack, no discernible business enterprise like someone said, you don't have to be NCIS to look through the trash. If anything else looks fishy most every utility company uses the imaging cameras now so a quick pic and you're toast. The imaging will give you nightmares. I guess it's the long wave radiation, but whatever the case - it ain't Xrays but it still gives a good idea that you aren't welding if they get a heat sig 6' above floor level. Then it's just a probable cause issue...if that, and one thing those fuckers are is patient little pricks. Like water drippin' on a rock...

I'd be a State away by now. Highly allergic to buyin' lawyers new Mercedes and/or livin' in a cage. Ain't nuthin' worth your freedom, certainly not weed or some cash. You can always grow more or make more,... assuming you're not in the pokey.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Med state or not, your activity has caught attention. So as a result, are you willing to take even more risk, relying on the belief that maybe nothing will happen? I'm sorry, but an attitude like that is what LEO thugs love!

Be safe, tear it down, be free, plant another day!

Right on. Set up everything as quietly and securely as possible, but when it's compromised then tear down and move.

This ain't my grow and I'm not involved in any way other than I happen to know the guy. I tried to warn him about this before he set up. He knows a few people who are running as big or bigger than him so he thinks Hess fine and he won't listen to me since he doesn't know I grow.

See that right there is the difference: People knows that your buddy grows and he has the power company checking up on his shit...
Nobody knows you are growing and nobody has their nose buried in your garbage cans either.

WA and OR are both getting more aggressive on illegal mmj grows. One of my friends got inspected by the sheriff last week and was told that exact same thing. He was pretty much legal but they did call him back the next day and inform him that unrooted cuttings do not count as plants; however large numbers of unrooted cuttings in a cloner would give a reason for return visits by LEO.

Personally? I'd remove all the mj plants and show off my indoor veggie and flower garden when they come knocking.
And they WILL come knocking, since they have already confirmed that the meter is working properly.

Lex Dysic

If the state is a med state why doesn't he simply harvest some early and leave the legal med amount going??

resinryder

Veteran
Just out of curiosity what does the Leo say the appropriate amount of watts is for our legal limit.

I can't remember what they had figured out. A mmj grower I know here had his placed raided and they told him a number. Think it was less that 3k but damn if I can remember what he told me. Lost his number so I can't contact him. If I hear from him I'll correct this post. Was really wild him telling me what they estimated the wattage should be max. This was Henderson police.

Last edited:

HUGE

Veteran
I can't remember what they had figured out. A mmj grower I know here had his placed raided and they told him a number. Think it was less that 3k but damn if I can remember what he told me. Lost his number so I can't contact him. If I hear from him I'll correct this post. Was really wild him telling me what they estimated the wattage should be max.

Just FyI green cross dispensary here in town is run by Leo and they are nabbing peeps trying to vend. Friend of o friend got nicked a few weeks back by them.

resinryder

Veteran
Have heard that and fully expect leo to do this. They run stings for theft, drugs, prostitution and everything else. Wouldn't go into one of these shops if I were paid to. LEO magnets.

QUESTION IS ARE THEY A CITY POWER COMPANY OR ARE THEY EDISON? BOTH WILL BEHAVE DIFFERENTLY AS TO WHAT THEY WILL DO .SO ARE YOU IN THE CITY?

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I can't remember what they had figured out. A mmj grower I know here had his placed raided and they told him a number. Think it was less that 3k but damn if I can remember what he told me. Lost his number so I can't contact him. If I hear from him I'll correct this post. Was really wild him telling me what they estimated the wattage should be max. This was Henderson police.

I have never heard of such a thing... It doesn't make any sense at all.

There is absolutely NOTHING illegal with having an indoor garden. You can grow veggies or flowers under 100 thousand watts and LEO can't say jack crap about it.
My garden is legal under local and state laws, regardless of how many lights or watts I use. As long as my plant count and weight of finished bud is at or below the legal 15 plants and 24 oz.
I can and do grow veggies and flowers in my garden. So many infact that you have to walk through and look between and amongst the flowers and veggies to even find my pot plants.

I have been checked by LEO twice since I got my medical approval, both times they looked in the door and glanced around, then after asking where my plants were they inquire about my veggie garden and remark on how nice and peaceful it is in there.

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
they just busted 2 peeps a few counties away with 720 plants 400 1 apt 320 another apt they had electric bill of 600.00 a month for a 1 bedroom apt.

Never can tell what kinda bug they have up their ass. Our State legislators are still arguing that MJ is a gateway to heroin and bangin' Draino, (just like tit milk was the gateway to Single Malt Scotch for me I guess), but the County had four marked cars, three unmarked cars of Narc's and a six man storm trooper team show up to smash a neighbor's door off of the hinges 'cuz they saw two plants in his back yard last summer from the air. Turns out the house was clean and the plants were actually on the County school property that butted up against his.
Weren't they pissed? :) Now he's suin'em. :) :) :) He's my hero.

WPA

I have never heard of such a thing... It doesn't make any sense at all.

There is absolutely NOTHING illegal with having an indoor garden. You can grow veggies or flowers under 100 thousand watts and LEO can't say jack crap about it.
My garden is legal under local and state laws, regardless of how many lights or watts I use. As long as my plant count and weight of finished bud is at or below the legal 15 plants and 24 oz.
I can and do grow veggies and flowers in my garden. So many infact that you have to walk through and look between and amongst the flowers and veggies to even find my pot plants.

I have been checked by LEO twice since I got my medical approval, both times they looked in the door and glanced around, then after asking where my plants were they inquire about my veggie garden and remark on how nice and peaceful it is in there.

I think what he is trying to say is, its very easy to see when someone is growing for their own personal consumption, and when someone is growing for profit. In my state of washington id be willing to bet that over 6 lights and over 30 plants and you will get fucked with by LEO.

HUGE

Veteran
If anyone cares the power co sent a letter apologizing for not sending the 1 month bill. Grow finished no probs.

Perhaps this is a bit amateurish, as I have no experience with these things. But I wonder why this person found it acceptable to enter private property to check the devices of his company?

I mean, would a Chevy mechanic enter your garage and start working on a leased Corvette without permission?

For the life of me I cannot gather why these people do not regularly have guns locked and loaded in their mouths, ready for action? Who the fuck just waltzes onto private property and starts tinkering with rented materials?