What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pot: Made In China ?

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
China has one party system and the US has 2 with support of the big industry.What's the difference.Both countries have still the death penalty and the prison system sucks.

Keep on growing :)

I can't defend the US drug laws or prison system. Having said that, at least we don't execute people for growing weed. Nobody gets the death penalty here unless they're convicted of murder.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not the death penalty, but life sentences for non violent marijuana issues is not pretty nice either.

Any prison time for weed sucks, much less life sentences. The good news is that things are changing. Public opinion is on our side now, and the numbers get better every year. It's only a matter of time before the prohibition laws go away for good.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Like you said time is changing and that counts also for China.The US is in a big progress since the legalisation of marijuana for recreative use in 2 States and since 1996 for medical marijuana.It took more than 70 years to reach that.

In the EU although they talk about human rights and food safety and have strict guidelines, but big outbreaks of violation of those standards occured not long ago, like selling horse meat for beef, salmonella outbreak in salmon, dioxin contamination in eggs etc.There is no control, because the goverment has no people to do the controls.Free access of medical marijuana in the EU is an underdog compared to the US.Holland is moving backwards when we talk about free access for medical purposes.Coffeeshops are selling rubbish nowadays etc etc.

Keep on growing :)

hayday

Veteran
Make your seed now for the future and you won't be needing China Weed.Sweetooth and Sour Bubble next.
It's a plant to me.Not so much as a billion dollar industy.
This thread has had some interesting debates tho:)

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Not sure if I get too hung up on this shit it just really disappoints me in ways I wish it didn't. I can't say I do too much about what our Gov does because I look at this as one big lost cause. The best thing I can do is move away from these places lol...Let them fuck up this part of the world all by themselves as they already have been doing.
One saying comes to mind which is" Tyranny for one is tyranny for all"
I hope the American's stand up against this shit that is coming and they tell their Gov to go fuck themselves once and for all. Stay frosty headband 707:biggrin:

I did drop TV altogether imvho TV sucks big balls!!!
http://www.upworthy.com/conan-obrien-somehow-made-100-news-anchors-say-the-exact-same-thing

The future is going to be rough for you my friend. Governments are tools...nothing more than that. Getting all hung up on what they do or do not do...is a waste of time. It's all economics. When economics change...so does the balance of power...but one thing for sure

it's a dynamic process...ever changing...and nothing to lose precious time over. If ever comes a day when I'm YouTubing what my government...your government..or any other government is doing...I'll know that I've lost my mind. I don't watch/listen/read the news..and YouTube is nothing but entertainment and instruction to me....

But whatever floats your boat...I'm accepting of people up to a point...far from a flag waver..just seems like a Canadian would have something much better to do with his time...than worry and criticize. Blaming everything on US politicians is not the answer...and not productive. Whether you're a fan of america/americans doesn't matter to me...but your arrogance in telling us off (passively) is annoying. I don't think you really..deep down...hope for anything.

Last edited:

mrcreosote

Veteran
A Canadian couple was strolling through Hyde Park in London and sat down on a bench next to an elderly Briton.

The Brit noticed their lapel pins sporting the Canadian flag and, to make conversation, said, 'Judging by your pins, you must be Canadians.'

'Indeed we are,' replied the Canadian gentleman.
'I hope you won't mind my asking,' said the Brit, 'but what do the two red bars on your flag represent?'

'Well,' replied the Canadian gentleman, 'one of the bars stands for the courage and hardiness of our people in settling the cold expanses and broad prairies of our country. The other is for the honesty and integrity for which Canadians are known.'

The Brit mulled this over and nodded. Having poor eyesight at his advanced age, and not being familiar with maple leaves, he then asked, 'And what's that six-pointed item in the middle of your flag?'

'Oh, that's to remind us of the six words of our national motto,' the Canadian lady piped up.

The Brit then asked, 'And what are those six words?'
The Canadian smiled and replied, 'They are 'Don't blame us - we're not Americans.'

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
A Canadian couple was strolling through Hyde Park in London and sat down on a bench next to an elderly Briton.

The Brit noticed their lapel pins sporting the Canadian flag and, to make conversation, said, 'Judging by your pins, you must be Canadians.'

'Indeed we are,' replied the Canadian gentleman.
'I hope you won't mind my asking,' said the Brit, 'but what do the two red bars on your flag represent?'

'Well,' replied the Canadian gentleman, 'one of the bars stands for the courage and hardiness of our people in settling the cold expanses and broad prairies of our country. The other is for the honesty and integrity for which Canadians are known.'

The Brit mulled this over and nodded. Having poor eyesight at his advanced age, and not being familiar with maple leaves, he then asked, 'And what's that six-pointed item in the middle of your flag?'

'Oh, that's to remind us of the six words of our national motto,' the Canadian lady piped up.

The Brit then asked, 'And what are those six words?'
The Canadian smiled and replied, 'They are 'Don't blame us - we're not Americans.'

...nothing like good old fashion Canadian moral high ground prejudices. perfect...solves so much. In the mean time Canadians flock across the border to go shopping....quite proudly as well. One huge hypocrisy like every other nationalistic slur

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
China Set To Cash In On Pot Boom

Source: New Zealand Herald (New Zealand)
Author: Ian Johnston

As Legalisation of Marijuana Spreads, Chinese Companies Have the Patents Ready to Exploit New Markets

Almost 5000 years ago, Chinese physicians recommended a tea made from cannabis leaves to treat a wide variety of conditions, including gout and malaria.

Today, as the global market for marijuana experiences an unprecedented boom after moves to legalise, it is China that again appears to have set its eyes on dominating trade in the drug.

The communist country is well placed to exploit the burgeoning cannabis trade with more than half of the patents relating to or involving cannabis originating in China.

According to the World Intellectual Property Organisation ( Wipo ), Chinese firms have filed 309 of the 606 patents relating to the drug.

About 147 million people - around 2.5 per cent of the world's population - use cannabis, according to the World Health Organisation. And medicinal properties of the drug are increasingly being recognised.

It can be used to treat conditions ranging from the nausea caused by chemotherapy for cancer patients and chronic pain to cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis and epilepsy.

Last month, Uruguay became the first country to legalise marijuana in its entirety - from growing the crop to processing and use. Now Peru looks likely to follow Uruguay's example and legalise cannabis production.

Last week, the US state of Colorado decriminalised the recreational use of cannabis. Stores may have turned over up to US$1 million ( $1.2 million ) statewide during the first day alone, according to shop owners. The Department of Revenue for Colorado said sales could hit US$600 million by the end of this year.

People in Washington state have also voted to legalise marijuana, although stores are not expected to open until later in the year.

They reported that New York is planning to loosen its marijuana laws to allow limited use of the drug by people suffering serious illness. The newspaper said Governor Andrew Cuomo - a long-time opponent of legalising medical marijuana - was planning to announce the new guideline this week in an executive action.

New York would become the 21st state to allow medical use of marijuana. California has already loosened its rules on medical marijuana.

Shares in companies involved in cannabis soared after Colorado's move. One firm, MediSwipe Inc, had its stock jump by nearly 70 per cent last Thursday. The legal trade in cannabis in the US alone could be worth US$10 billion by 2018.

Analysts say China is once again at the forefront of exploiting new economic opportunities.

"Because cannabis in Western medicine is becoming accepted, the predominance of Chinese patents suggests that pharmaceutical sciences are evolving quickly in China, outpacing Western capabilities," Dr Luc Duchesne, an Ottawa businessman and biochemist, wrote in InvestorIntel.

"CTM [Chinese traditional medicine] is poised to take advantage of a growing trend. The writing is on the wall: westernised Chinese traditional medicine is coming to a dispensary near you."

Many of the Chinese patents are for herbal treatments. One, filed by the Yunan Industrial Cannabis Sativa Co, refers to an application made from whole cannabis sativa seeds to make "functional food" designed to improve the human immune system.

Another, by an inventor called Zhang Hongqi, is for a "Chinese medicinal preparation" for treating peptic ulcers. It uses an array of ingredients, including cannabis sativa seed. The filing says it has "significant therapeutic effectiveness and does not cause any adverse effect".

There is also a patent filing from China for a treatment for constipation, which is made using fructus cannabis and other ingredients such as "immature bitter orange", Chinese angelica and balloon flower. This, it is claimed, treats constipation's root causes and symptoms.

However, only one company in the world has developed cannabisbased drugs as medicines that have been recognised by regulators in the West following the long, costly process of clinical trials. GW Pharmaceuticals, based in Wiltshire, England, makes Sativex for the treatment of symptoms of multiple sclerosis and cancer pain, and Epidiolex for childhood epilepsy.

A spokesman for the company, which is the only one licensed to carry out research on cannabis in Britain, said China had a long history of working with herbal medicines.

"In that sense it doesn't come as a surprise," he said of the patent filings. " This is a country with thousands of years of working with plants in medicines."

In December, Jamaica announced it was forming its first medical marijuana company, called MediCanja. Henry Lowe, a scientist and executive chairman of MediCanja, said medical cannabis could help "transform Jamaica's fledgling economy".

"Given Jamaica's history with ganja, we could be the hub for medical ganja in Latin America and the Caribbean."

Peter Reynolds, leader of Cannabis Law Reform ( Clear ), a British-based campaign group, said China had another advantage over other countries in selling cannabis as it was one of the largest producers in the world of industrial hemp, a form of cannabis with a low amount of the psychoactive compound THC.

"The Chinese are smarter and they are on to all the good ideas," he said. "The potential for cannabis as a medicine is monumental."

But smoking cannabis remains illegal in China. In April last year, the South China Morning Post reported that it was a popular drug among the country's young people despite the threat of lengthy prison sentences.

The opening up of a legal trade in non-medical marijuana is not without its critics. Uruguay's decision to remove all legal restrictions on use was condemned by the International Narcotics Control Board, the body charged with monitoring international treaties on narcotics.

"Cannabis is not only addictive but may also affect some fundamental brain functions, IQ potential and academic and job performance, and impair driving skills," it said. " Smoking cannabis is more carcinogenic than smoking tobacco."

oh well its a win for china that could have easily been one for the US but thanks to all of the greedy/ignorant ass fucknutz we've got running this place its another too little too late as usual.

you know what, for me, I say fuck it, i'll buy the weed from the place/country that was smart enough to get the ball rolling while others countries were too fuckin stupid to realize what help build the very country.

and its funny how they have things already setup for the US market huh? smh, ah china . . . you've officially become America's "pusher man"

America aint worth shit anymore anyway, just ask china since they've got the bills to prove it. manhattan was bought for little or nothing while an entire country was practically given away, I wonder what the forefathers, that these ppl hold so dear, would say at the sorry as state of affairs that the monkeys in government have brought this country into?

and it always amazes me that the countries that are actually established with an actual culture for ions that actually unifies them are always outpacing America by leaps and bounds?

Midnight Tokar

Veteran
............and it always amazes me that the countries that are actually established with an actual culture for ions that actually unifies them are always outpacing America by leaps and bounds?

That's not so hard to figure out as the USA is only 238 years old so there is no culture to unify. We are a people from all over the world with the cultures that go with it.

LEF

Veteran
I can't defend the US drug laws or prison system. Having said that, at least we don't execute people for growing weed. Nobody gets the death penalty here unless they're convicted of murder.

I would much rather get the death penalty then have to go get raped multiple times a day (for years) in one of your us prisons for growing weed. Getting passed around for a couple of smokes or dollars.

Guys in prison eat up so much sperm they end up having stomach problems.

Still, that's nothing compared to the shattered psyche/soul of the individual after all the abuse.
Might as well give the death penalty after that one...

LEF

Veteran
...nothing like good old fashion Canadian moral high ground prejudices. perfect...solves so much. In the mean time Canadians flock across the border to go shopping....quite proudly as well. One huge hypocrisy like every other nationalistic slur

I dunno why they would flock ? The canadian dollar is at an all time low...

That said, I know how that might feel having to read up anti-american stuff.

It gets tiring after a while, how is that gonna help you guys ?

I don't think you can help your kid by calling him an idiot when he makes a mistake.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
I dunno why they would flock ? The canadian dollar is at an all time low...

That said, I know how that might feel having to read up anti-american stuff.

It gets tiring after a while, how is that gonna help you guys ?

I don't think you can help your kid by calling him an idiot when he makes a mistake.

No one here...is asking for help...especially from pompous keyboard martyrs.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Lets go through what our completely incompetent Gov thinks we should do with our cannabis if we have any left over.. HC recommends you pour your good bud into kitty litter so you don't have any left over once there bill passes..LOL ,,, That comment only shows how stupid they really are about cannabis .Stay frosty headband 707