What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pot Leaf Art Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allright norcal, I have a leaf design that I have been drawing for years. I will try to draw it up tonite and, if I can figure how to upload it I will post tommorrow.

G

nice, excuse my ignorance but what is the symbolism behing the cross part of the drawing? Looks good though man!

To be honest the original drawing was "evil saint" showing how good and evil are the same just at opposite ends, hence the cross and halo. Me being a pot head, added the leaves

C

Chamba

I've never seen a pot leaf tattoo that looked great...they all seem so flat and two dimensional looking.

If I ever got inked up it would be a back job of a big bushy sativa plant, not a single leaf...

perhaps a Chinese triad or Japanese Yakusa style cannabis tree would look great..but I've never seen one

most tats look like a tragically (or comically) regrettable mistake to me...more of an stain than art...a bit like drawing a game of noughts and crosses on a corner of the Mona Lisa..

I suggest you think carefully before going under the gun...get the design drawn on a white T-shirt...wear it for awhile...then get it drawn on your skin with a marker pen or henna, live with it for a week or two then decide if you want to be inked for eternity...

also get the best tattoo artist there is to do it, cos trying to save money on something that will be there forever would be also be regretable..the difference between a cheap tat from a scratcher and an expensive job, which is real art from a pro is only a few days wages...

tattoos from excellent tattooist look great at first and stay looking good for a much longer time, the lines stay sharper, have better artwork, less blurring, they will have the right position and placement etc...definitely don't be cheap when it comes to a tat.

another reason I hesitate to get a tat is that I'm not as fit as I used to be, carrying a little bit of tire around the waist now..i used to be 34 inches and now I'm 37 inches around the belly...so I don't think the art would look that great on this old "canvas"

Last edited:

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
was thinking of something like this without the swan

ju7mt4.jpg

when the swan thing is with the trees at the top i want it to be the sun, and
where the male female signs are that can be blank, the frog smoknig is cool but i dont want to copy the art exactly,

i like the ground and grass but i would have an entire pot plants coming out the grwound not just a leaf then i would have the black background with the planets in the back ground with no 69 thing or the american flag planet. i would get the real planets in our solar system with the grass at the bottom chunk of earth type thing, and no mushroom just a pot plant growing out of the earth chunk with space and the sun in the background....

Last edited:

SemperAltus

NorCalFor20 said:
was thinking of something like this without the swan

ju7mt4.jpg

when the swan thing is with the trees at the top i want it to be the sun, and
where the male female signs are that can be blank, the frog smoknig is cool but i dont want to copy the art exactly,

i like the ground and grass but i would have an entire pot plants coming out the grwound not just a leaf then i would have the black background with the planets in the back ground with no 69 thing or the american flag planet. i would get the real planets in our solar system with the grass at the bottom chunk of earth type thing, and no mushroom just a pot plant growing out of the earth chunk with space and the sun in the background....

noice, but thatns a flamingo

K

kallenavndk

On Icmag there is alot of nice canna pics, and if your tatoo artist is skilled enough then its no prbs to make it look like a real picture.....Try too look in roto of the month M8

LilMan72003

I would not suggest getting your tattoo in a visible place.

It is highly looked down upon in the professional world as well as society.
Though we all accept your idea here, they do not.

C

Chamba

"On Icmag there is alot of nice canna pics, and if your tatoo artist is skilled enough then its no prbs to make it look like a real picture.....Try too look in roto of the month M8"

I've looked online a few times and have yet to see a tattoo of anything cannabis that looked good....all I've seen are very crappy looking leaves....and never a tree..if you know of any, please post the pics here

R

Raistlin Majere

they have that UV tat ink now
only shows under a black light
just an idea

I too was thinking on this idea from around 1998'ish. Only recently have i started to come up with original ideas. I thought it to be too crass (rather chav and pikey like).

But to each there own, and generally i do what i like. Know what i mean!

The idea i'v come up with is to have a duck (my wife's old nickname), with ganga leaf feet. I got this Papaya from Nirvana in my garden that i'v had since summer last year (clone of a clone from seed), it has leaf's like duck's feet.

Just an idea from many i'v had.

Peace Tc

Dr. G

well im getting the outline of my sleeve tomorow and its going to have a dude kneeling in a garden with shrooms and peyote and other flowers and in his hand is a lotus and he has no face and these rays are radiatin out of his head and theres a third eye floating above his head and theres a pot leaf in there also theres going to be 2 atoms with an infinity symbol representing entanglement and also this pattern for the 2 slit experiment for superposition and also the lsd and thc molicules and a passion flower also im thinking to add seritonin

also im getting the whole back of my calf a red headed pinup girl bending over sniffing a flowering pot plant

Monad

I'd love to draw you some tat ideas, but first, how big and where are you gettin it?
I'd like to get a similar tat myself....this would be good brainstorming.
Also are you looking for just the leaves or. . . ?

- I always like the 3D look like it is on your body/peeling off - using shadow to do this would look great IMO, and using purple and green to make up the leaf would give it a lot more depth as well.... this is what I was thinkin of drawing.

Depending on where your getting it a couple of leaves etc. may work better than just one....[if it conforms to your body it'll look even better.]

Im big on color, if you consider using a bud in any way, there are some pretty crazy colored bud and leaf combos - dj short

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
I will get it on my back , but i am really skinny but i put on 15 lbs last month if that keeps up i won't be skinny for long, no problem though i can gain about 60-70 lbs without being called "fat" i am really tall and skinny, so I am not sure on my size when I get my tattoo, if i gain a lot of weight will the tattoo stretch?

As far as the design , I want it to be a green grassy hill with pot plants on the hill of different kinds with different bud types and then I want the sun on one side and the moon on the other with half the tattoo daytime and half the tattoo moonlight... i dunno how to draw or i would sketch it out myself....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts