What's new

'Pot Cops,' 'Weed Country' Examine Marijuana

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
loved this weeks episode when the cop said its worse than alcohol.

yea, if i could have reached into the TV i would have slapped his face for saying some stupid shit like that ! :mad:

igrowone

Veteran
What is Nate mixing up in that plastic looking test tube that separated so he was able to extract CBD's?

he did mention ethanol as one of the solvents, must have another in there for it separate the THC from the CBD, didn't catch what the 2nd was

Wendull C.

Veteran
B. E. Smith and the fuck you fingers at the swine in the helicopter. That was the only good part of that show. Mr. Smith Is the man!
That shotwell asshole shouldn't have made it back down the 101, but what do I know?

igrowone

Veteran
i doubt that our dispensary owner was an actual narc, but give the idea it's due, it never occurred to me
many are forgetting how TV works, there are usually bad boy/girls there because it draws a crowd, people love to hate on them
this could be his real persona, or just done a little more extreme to keep the ratings going

Hank Hemp

Veteran
All in all the show sucked didn't it? Too much shitwell, hell people like him are the problem, IMHO, for the growers who do the bulk of the work. They should get the bulk of the money.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I thought the show was rather interesting despite the characters of the show. Better then most of the other shit on TV.

Shotwell the problem?

If people like Shotwell were unwanted/unneeded they wouldn't exist and have a place in all of this. Its that simple.

They fill a need and get paid for their service, just as a grower cultivates his crop and gets paid for it. If a grower is unhappy with the rate at which he wholesales his produce then he should either stop letting it go so cheap or find other outlets of liquidation. It's not like its not an agreed upon deal between broker and grower.

If dispensary owners/brokers like Shotwell are the problem then...
Why again are grower's not taking their produce direct to patient/market?

Why do they continue to employee the services of Shotwell and the a like if they are such a problem?

T

TribalSeeds

B. E. Smith and the fuck you fingers at the swine in the helicopter. That was the only good part of that show. Mr. Smith Is the man!
That shotwell asshole shouldn't have made it back down the 101, but what do I know?

View Image

biggrin.gif

Isnt that the film crew?

Anyway, I can see why nobody will deal with shitwell. Hopefully he cant even find a joint now.

B

BugJar

I like the show but it makes me feel uneasy the fact that they show my county and infer it is part of the emerald triangle.

and that smug young shit on the show seriously pisses me off so much

he makes anyone associated with mmj look suspect so fuck him for that

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Another crap show that wont be missed. if they would leave the leeches out it would of been so much better just hanging out on their farm..

The Land dispute was crap... if i was growing i would make damn sure it was mine if i was legal.. and i would erect a large fence to keep my neighbors honest

Mid men douche bags acting tough for the cam need to be left out of future shows..

Wendull C.

Veteran
@Tribal,
I thought it was the copper chopper?
Maybe the editing got me but I thought I heard one of those cops say "look at this guy."
It could have been cut to make me think that though, I don't fucking know. :)
Either way the man seemed like a stand up citizen that fought for our country, but now he is a criminal because he finds relief with a plant. That is bull shit.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
The Land dispute was crap... if i was growing i would make damn sure it was mine if i was legal.. and i would erect a large fence to keep my neighbors honest

That was exactly what I thought. Good fences make good neighbors. I don't have a lot of patience for optional drama.

B

BugJar

shotwell offered $500 a pound to that guy on the farm

oh dude that shit was no joke...

"this bud looks great, I'll give you 500$ a pound"

get in your car and drive back to wherever that kind of low balling is acceptable

seriously less than half of the low end of what people pay here anyway

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Is $500 what y'all get for that nice looking bud I've seen on the show? We posted together Bugjar. $1K for a pound? that right?

growbig789

so yah shotwell was not that favorable of a character it seems by most peoples comments, and I would agree. But you know what, when I think about my own personal limited interactions and experiences with dispensaries in my area.. he is a pretty good representation of the type of people running a significant amount of them. I've been to several (and not been back) that when u walk in the door you feel like you are not buying or vending medicine but doing some sort of street deal with thugs from the hood. Sure there could be a market for that when recreational is legal in CA but come on... those types do not advance the MMJ cause in the general public's eye.

Of course he is not the face of all dispensaries/collectives etc, but it would have been nice to see someone portrayed that provides those middleman services with more compassion and legitimacy. Oh yah that might not generate the ratings...

Latest posts

Latest posts