What's new

'Pot Cops,' 'Weed Country' Examine Marijuana

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
My main beef with Shotwell was when his guys backed down from doing the run up to Trinity County with him. I think the way he spoke to them was shit. They got scared off by heat HE brought onto it. They were the ones to be "holding the bag." If he went off on me like that it would confirm I was right to not mess with him.

:2cents:

I agree. The dude is an ass... just don't think he deserves the all the hate because his motivations are to bring herb to market and get paid nicely for taking that risk.

The way he treated his "boys" was fucked up though, just because they don't want to take the risks he chooses to.

It's funny how he just showed up at Grace Farms expecting to go home with some weed. Don't quite understand how he expected that to happen. Looks like the season was still underway... was he planning to just hack some down and stuff into his Geo fresh? Does he not understand harvest/trimming/dry time, etc?

He's quite childish, but I still give him props for sticking his neck out there and opposing the government/federal law even after his dispensary raid/pending prosecution. Most would bow down in fear and go away with their tail between their legs, which is exactly what the government wants to do. Shotwell stands back up and keeps it pushing...I commend that. Will he ultimately end up in prison? A good possibility with all that taunting and rather foolish, but still respect his attitude of not letting it break him down in defeat. "I wont stop until they are dragging me away in handcuffs". We need more people like that on our side of the cause.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.

- Thomas Jefferson

just my 2c.

Last edited:

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
saw the last show last night.

i still say exposure to non-med states in any form is better than no exposure. kind of like watching gore in the movies, the more you watch, the more desensitized you become.

when does POT COPS start? i need to pad my TV so i don't throw something at it and break it during that show :D

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
i still say exposure to non-med states in any form is better than no exposure. kind of like watching gore in the movies, the more you watch, the more desensitized you become.

I don't know, man. Here in NC we're getting crapped on, MMJ has a 75% public approval rating and gets killed in committee. As cannabis friendly as I am, that show made me think staying here in the crazy, dirty south would be better than moving to Trinity County. I don't imagine this would help our case with getting our non-smoker neighbors on board.

Your mileage may vary.

<3 Tesla

igrowone

Veteran
there are states like NC and NY where the voters would have a field day if this issue was put up to a vote
but it don't work that way in the east, older state laws don't give much power to the people
it may slow it down, but it's not going to stop, west to east has been the progress, just got to get to the tipping point

Painfull

This Shotwell is a dick. Telling everyone he was going to hit that guy from grace farms and calling him a old man. Why did his friends tell him where he lived. They should have met in a neutral place to talk first. Letting some stranger just walk into your grow area like that is asking for trouble.

Pain

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
This Shotwell is a dick. Telling everyone he was going to hit that guy from grace farms and calling him a old man. Why did his friends tell him where he lived. They should have met in a neutral place to talk first. Letting some stranger just walk into your grow area like that is asking for trouble.

Pain

that had to be staged. if i was boutin, i would kick nates ass for sending a complete stranger to my place.

Pain

I'm surprised he even talked to them and the way he was talking about Boutin was way out of line! (we need to turn up the heat)WTF!

I thought everyone knows not to bring strangers.

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
Boutin should have told him to get right back in his fuckin porshe and take his ass back to vallejo

i stay away from "shotwell types" and only operate w/ folks like Boutin

RM - aquagrower

"We've found wepons at every garden we've busted. Those evil growers will stop at nothing to protect...."

Do these asshats not understand that there are things that go bump in the night out in the woods, like maybe a friggen bear? Or maybe, the gardener(s) are tired of eating beans for every meal, and would like to change it up with a pot of rabbit stew?

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
But...but... He's lost everything, and needs to get back on his feet. lol

Why doesnt he trade the Porsche in and rock that Geo himself. I'm sure it's not paid in full or the pigs would have likely taken it. Means he is likely paying a ridiculous car note.

Wonder what these guys get paid for doing this show. These are all likely 1-time deal opportunities I imagine, just unless Discovery is going to have multiple seasons of Shotwell trying to score.

Just how much exactly are these people getting for exposing their entire (federally illegal) business on public TV?

They didn't cover it much, but it seemed as though Nate's cropped was ripped up, not by LEO or rippers, but rather in fear themselves due to the attention the show has brought. Looked to me that that might have been the most "reality" thing that happened on this show.

I envy those who are tucked up in northern CA with these large medical plots/greenhouses... why in the hell would they risk that by showing TV? Ego much?

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
When I visit norcal who's gonna let me sleep in there tee-pee ? Lol

I liked boutin he seemed pretty cool ..ur supposed to get a "vibe" or kno who ur dealing with and he seemed pretty cool to let them even stay the night and not telling him to pack it up instantly ...I liked shotwells ambition ..but his attitude was all wrong ..I'm a go getter myself but u have to kno when to slow down and evaluate situations and shotwell just doesn't have it in em ..but the best character on the show was B. D ? The old man was badass I'd hang with his old ass anyday lol

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I haven't watched "pot cops" but I have enjoyed "weed country".

Holy cow I would have LOVED that show when I was 17. I would have been waiting for every new episode with a packed bong.

Prior to the big med scene explosion the emerald triangle was an almost mythical place. We used to talk about it like it was "the shire" or something while we smoked mexican brick weed in my shitty little southern state. There never used to be ANYTHING about pot around. Now they have several TV shows. I think that is great.

I remember when I was in high school there was 1 special on marijuana that came on MTV during the entire four years. I know because I taped it. Now they have entire series about massive guerilla grows and stuff. I think its pretty neat.

Some of it is obviously scripted and fake but those giant bushes aren't fake. Neither are the 30,000 plant guerilla grows. I think its pretty neat to see regardless of how its portrayed.

They do show both sides. They show BE smith and grower folks who moved up into the hills to grow weed and be left alone to life on their own terms, right wing christian commando cops who will put you in jail for disagreeing, asshole white collar capitalists moving into the industry to capitalize on the chaos, etc.

You don't have to agree with all of it to enjoy seeing the plants and hear people express their views. It is in the public eye and I think that is a good thing. Look at what Will and Grace, Ellen, etc. did for the acceptance of the gay community.