What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~POST YOUR PIECE~ BONG-BUBBLER-VAPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicalyx

Collie Man said:
So I did what you guys told me and I still cant get that grime and build up off my bong. I used salt+vinegar=didn't do to much. Then salt+vinegar+iso+hot water= didn't do anything...So i gave up...I think I need a lime away type of product of oxyclean.

By grime and buildup you mean what looks like staining? If you mean buildup like actual resin, the salt+iso should work wonders. If the glass itself seems to be stained, tinged a brownish color, a soak in oxy should get it. We have a lot of minerals in our water here, and after awhile even with regular cleanings, the glass around the percs in my tubes gets stained and calcium buildup. That's the kinda things that oxy is magic for, and really the only product I've found that gets the job done. Roor Head mentioned it can take the gilding off metal ice notches, and I'll take his word as I have no experience there. Otherwise, give it a go.

Last edited:

Collie Man

chicalyx said:
By grime and buildup you mean what looks like staining? If you mean buildup like actual resin, the salt+iso should work wonders. If the glass itself seems to be stained, tinged a brownish color, a soak in oxy should get it. We have a lot of minerals in our water here, and after awhile even with regular cleanings, the glass around the percs in my tubes gets stained and calcium buildup. That's the kinda things that oxy is magic for, and really the only product I've found that gets the job done. Roor Head mentioned it can take the gilding off metal ice notches, and I'll take his word as I have no experience there. Otherwise, give it a go.

By grime and buildup I mean that when I clean my tube with Iso+salt it gets rid of ALL the resin. Now when the bong sits to dry you will see like spit marks and calcium build up. Guess I just need some oxy clean, but im not trying to buy one of those big containers. But yeah its not a big problem to get my bong totally clean at the moment so its all good! Thanks for the help peeps :joint:

RooR HeaD

yo man the big containers are only like four bucks. they arent exspenive at all but did u look into what i was telling you about. the magnent cleaner. i watched a viedo on youtube that thing works wonder. or if you know about fish tanks their are these skinny long brushes that work wonders. honestly man i wish i knew you because ive had german roors for about 5 years now and ive never had a problem getting my shit completely clean never. take a close up of the pics the build up ui talk off and maybe it will be a little eaiser to figure out any who enjoy life and smokeing good gunj out your roor.
ps
you should really think about ordering a German RooR diffuser. youll be suprised when u realize how much better your tube will hit if u throw a german part into the mix.
just thought we should get some glass back on the thread now that he figured out his problem. Mr.tony so you makeup your mind on which roor u want i was looking at the london hippy you shuld def grab that shit. its crazy hot. if u dont mind me asking how much money are u looking to invest on a german roor.

Last edited:

chicalyx

Roor head, how long ago were you at the A.dam shop? Wondering if you saw any german percs there?? I know they made one for the cannabis cup, I think it was, but wondering if they're making any to sell? I'd kill for a german perc,, the only reason I have US roors is because germany won't do percs and just lately started doing nice color sections on tubes.

RooR HeaD

chicalyx said:
Roor head, how long ago were you at the A.dam shop? Wondering if you saw any german percs there?? I know they made one for the cannabis cup, I think it was, but wondering if they're making any to sell? I'd kill for a german perc,, the only reason I have US roors is because germany won't do percs and just lately started doing nice color sections on tubes.
Germans dont make roors with purcs they arent big fans of the percs. That roor was just a one time thing for the cup ya know.i mean im sure they will start makeing them sooner then later but count on later then sooner.the only thing i could tell u to do is just keep checking roor.de and see if they add a perc option.and once they do then youll have to order your own custom. it will be a long time before they start selling germans with percs as a regular thing.I was their the year before da last cannabis cup and they didnt have one roor in their shop with percs.and all the times before ive been to that shop they havent had roors with purcs. But german have been doing color sections for a while you just never saw them because they coast alot of money so peps didnt buy them and post them on the internet. you should see how much the price has gone down on worked germans from 2000 to now. any who you really like percs ive never been a fan of them something in the actual tube just soarda weirds me out the only thing i need is a german roor with 24kt gold ice notches and im happy. Im not just saying this cause i own german roors but i think if you hit a custom german you wouldnt care about haveing percs and i mean a custom not a 3.2mm german a nice 5mm icemaster or something. then you would never go back to the us roors. overall ive never been a fan of roor usa but if you want a roor with purcs well thats all u really have as a opition ya know. But you if your a big fan of the purc and you really dont want to buy a bong that doesnt have them your best bet would be to buy a toro. ive hit roor usas with percs and ive hit toros with percs and the toros seems to perform better. But you should buy a german either way i mean llook how they milk.

Last edited:

chicalyx

Yeah, only german I have is straight 5mm yellow label w/notches, believe it's called fairmaster. I love it, and it does hit like a dream with an inline or tree a/c on it, but I'm a perc man myself. I agree with you on toro vs. roor usa. Have you seen their new fixed downstems?? Talk about innovation...

call mine the space ghost..

DAMN pics arent working

pics are in gallery.. also i threw in some of a lady i hope to harvest in 4 ish weeks..

50702Picture_010-med.jpg

50702Picture_005-med.jpg

50702Picture_001-med.jpg

50702Picture_007-med.jpg

50702Picture_027-med.jpg

5070281908_004-med.jpg

5070281908_005-med.jpg

Last edited:

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
RooR Head, I don't know why you insist on posting the same pics over and over. Also, your 'nug shots' probably belong in another forum. We get it, you like your Roors. Give me a minute and I'll throw up a milk shot of my SG inline. Word.

Last edited:

chicalyx

^^^Ha, he REALLY likes the gilded german. Get that SG up man. Been thinking about grabbing a luke wilson or SG inline tube,, think I'm gonna have to save up for toro fixed d-stem though.

Collie Man

Hey Roorhead, Having german pieces on your bong doesnt make it better than already having a Roor diffuser with 12 holes and then the diffuser in the ashcatcher is 9 d cut holes. There really no difference between german and american diffuser or parts or bongs really. My bong milks up like your pic all the time and all the roors i've ever hit did the same.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
Collie Man said:
Hey Roorhead, Having german pieces on your bong doesnt make it better than already having a Roor diffuser with 12 holes and then the diffuser in the ashcatcher is 9 d cut holes.

/\ This guy Rofl :laughing: :laughing:

More diffusion is always better.

chicalyx

I slightly prefer German diffuser as I rip my tubes pretty hard, so nearly all the holes get utilized. When I'm smoking oil/hash I think the US diffuer gives a better hit as I like to pull slow and smooth and the German diffuser gives a slightly more 'airy' and less tasty hit when you're milking slowly.

Collie is right that if you have a diffused a/c, you're not gonna notice a difference between having a US or German diffuser in your tube. And Mr. Tony, there is a limit to diffusion. If you look at a long inline or a gerrman diffuser getting milked slowly, only some of the holes actually have smoke coming through. It's all personal preference.

Dr. G

everyonedoesit carries all the german stuff all those carbon filters and such are only the german shit

i got the largest pink label ice notch roor with a 18.5
a black label no notch forgot how tall like a foot and a half maby

and i just got a illadelph freezable ordering the perc bottom for it soon and i got the a/c that illadelph makes for the freezables

pics to come later

RooR HeaD

Honestly chiacalyx ive been on tokecity for years before i swittched and all the peps that hate on german roors or roor parts just hate cause they one cant get it any where near or around them or two they plain and simple cant afford it. all i know is mr.tony is so right that guy is just a hater the more the diffusion the more smoke.and collie man my german milk like that every hit not just once or twice a ses.i could hit straight hash and my germans will milk like that.and fisher i keep posting them cause this is a glass thread and chicalyx had a bunch of questions so on the last page their was no glass shots so i figure i post those shot to get this thread back on glass pics.and wheres these milk shots you talk of. back to chi yea the toros lately are pretty crazy you would have to be crazy not to like them i hate usa made bongs but hey man those toros just do it for me. as for roor usa ive never been a fan and to anyone that thinks a roor usa diffuser compares to a german diffuser has lost their mind.j

whatup doc.G how have you been all going well my buddy who owns those claws loved your pics i showed him the pics of your claw. i take it you didnt win that roorclaw i wish you did i would of had to meet u in person to check that shit no matter how far u live. and these guys in this thread besides a few are german haters dont know whhy prolly just cause they have roor usas. oh well if you own a german u own the best bongs made on the market.

Last edited:

RooR HeaD

Collie Man said:
Hey Roorhead, Having german pieces on your bong doesnt make it better than already having a Roor diffuser with 12 holes and then the diffuser in the ashcatcher is 9 d cut holes. There really no difference between german and american diffuser or parts or bongs really. My bong milks up like your pic all the time and all the roors i've ever hit did the same.
A german roor diffuser has alot more then 12 holes double that and a few more then u got a german diffuser. u own a froor so you cant handle the fact that germans are better. its ok man i dont care if u think a usa hits better then a german cause i know the truth and i own two germans and have friends that own usas and when i come over they always ask me to bring my diffuser over so whats that tell u. a usa owner wants a german part to make it better. and i could say ive hit a bunch of usa roors and say they all hit the same but then i would be lieing and the one thing i hate in this world is lier.so come hit my bling pin and then well see what you think.thats my smaller roor in that milk shot not just think of how this roor milks.

chicalyx

Lol, no ones hating on germans. They are obviously high quality tubes, and since they produce many, many less than roor USA they have an easier time keeping up with quality control. That said, you seem to be under the impression that german roors are far ahead of any other tube on the market, which is simply ignorant. All else equal, I would take a german over a us roor, and I do prefer their diffuser. But US tube makers are the ones pushing ahead and innovating.

I would take a Froor over a german any day of the week. And maybe you weren't aware, but Fro is the man responsible for going across the pond and teaching martin and his shop how to put color sections in tubes. He's pretty much a god to them. I don't like him myself, but that's beside the point.

I think your statement that "the more diffusion the more smoke" sums up the depth of your knowledge on the subject.

Who needs pics when you can have a good ole' heated glass debate.

RooR HeaD

fisher15 said:
RooR Head, I don't know why you insist on posting the same pics over and over. Also, your 'nug shots' probably belong in another forum. We get it, you like your Roors. Give me a minute and I'll throw up a milk shot of my SG inline. Word.

Hey man i like your dog he or she is cute is thats a pit or a mix. im a dog lover myself ive had a bunch of boxers but went with a more extoic breed with my new dog this time. check him out! hey what your dogs name by the wya. you really like your clear glass. i like my germans nice a plain and my headies with mad work.
MY best bud CAIN hes the one who guards this why im gone! TRy to steal if u dare lol.

Last edited:

RooR HeaD

chicalyx said:
Lol, no ones hating on germans. They are obviously high quality tubes, and since they produce many, many less than roor USA they have an easier time keeping up with quality control. That said, you seem to be under the impression that german roors are far ahead of any other tube on the market, which is simply ignorant. All else equal, I would take a german over a us roor, and I do prefer their diffuser. But US tube makers are the ones pushing ahead and innovating.

I would take a Froor over a german any day of the week. And maybe you weren't aware, but Fro is the man responsible for going across the pond and teaching martin and his shop how to put color sections in tubes. He's pretty much a god to them. I don't like him myself, but that's beside the point.

I think your statement that "the more diffusion the more smoke" sums up the depth of your knowledge on the subject.

Who needs pics when you can have a good ole' heated glass debate.
Your funny my post on the diffusers was just to make a point i mean bro u cant even figure out how to clean your own bong that would sum up who knows more about glass. and if u want a froor then go for it your the one missing out im not worried about it but your the one asking me about german roors remember that. but i stick next to my post German roors are the absolute top notch bong on the market.Theirs only one other BOng i would buy if i couldnt have a german roor and that would be a ORIGInal JEROME BAKER not the new ones the originals but considering they dont make them nomore German ROoRs take tHe cup.

Their was a poll on TC on what Bong is known by most high end glass owners and pot smokers and im sure you could guess what won and it wasnt roor usa it was G****** roors u could figure out the rest.
IM gonna make this easy. took this pic why i was Ambsterdam 2 cups ago.German RooR on the left American made LUx on the right. now tell me whcih one would u buy!

Got a pic of me holding that German in the ambsterdam roor shop but im not gonna post my face on a da interent. but this guys was prolly the hottest roor ever made i mean the one at the last cup was hot for sure but this one was just out of this world. one day all germans will be like this. but shit if that happens youll have to rich to own a roor.This was made by the owners soon my smaller roor was made my his son as well or at least thsi is what the older lady at the shop told me.

Last edited:

chicalyx

I was the one giving advice to the guy who was having problems cleaning his tube, all my glass stays sparkling. I probably wouldn't drop that kinda money on a Froor,, if I could get my hands on a roorclaw that'd be a different story. That opal crown german on everyonedoesit is mighty tempting as well.

edit^^: I would defintley take the lux outta those two. Fire/ice sections are everywhere, and I don't much like dichro except as an accent. I'm a sucker for the super sexy old school fume/pinwheel/milli windows on the lux.

And FISHER that SG is killer. Bet it hits like a dream.

Last edited:

RooR HeaD

chicalyx said:
I was the one giving advice to the guy who was having problems cleaning his tube, all my glass stays sparkling. I probably wouldn't drop that kinda money on a Froor,, if I could get my hands on a roorclaw that'd be a different story. That opal crown german on everyonedoesit is mighty tempting as well.
yea im a big fan of that roor but i wisht it had a bigger label on it i mean the lable on the base is coo.but im with you on that roorclaws are nasty i dont care if they are roor usa i would drop 5gs if i could get my hands on a roor claw. bearclaw is my favorite blower just something about his style i mean most like J Lee better but bearclaw just has this style to his work that is so cool. my favorite roorclaw is the roordafact. and my favorite hand pipe of his is the mosaics. im from buffalo and im a bills fan even though its the dolphins colors i would love to have that pipe. my buddy owns to bearclaws and they are sick he also owns a Original Jerome Baker.

chi your crazy i held both and the lux just didnt have that nasty fell to it. im a hudge dicro man i mean my whole bubbler is dic. any ways if you saw that roor you would understand what was so special about it.
as you can see i love the dicro

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.