What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~POST YOUR PIECE~ BONG-BUBBLER-VAPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

pack a bowl

it is pretty big. i was aiming for the "bubbler that hits like a bong" idea. makes anything else in my collection looks like a baby now...

still, i want a bigger kiln b/c i know i can go bigger... although it kinda sucks b/c every time i step my game up and make a bigger piece it makes everything else seem so small and really confuses me with pricing all the more.

and a part of me still sees this piece as small (its 12 inches from the mouth piece to the inline can btw.) but its funny b/c when i got my EA stemless bub years ago when i first started glass i remeber opening the box and it seemed like a monster b/c it was so big compared to everything else i owned.

dtremayne

Damn man, this reminds me of my old stemless bub just 3x bigger! how much would you want for something like this?

i want some fucking weed. sucks having a new piece with nothin to go in it:

(this piece was made only for function, not looks... barely fit in my kiln by an inch or so)

vncqk9.jpg

RooR HeaD

Thanks for the info on the toro RoorHead, I am going to go by a local shop that is supposed to carry them, and hopefully will find one I like. What is the general price range on single perc toro's? Do they all start at around 380, because my budget is 300-400, but I would rather stay on the lower end if possible.

Thanks for the info:joint:
Honestly man i was very lucky to get that toro! Usually toros when r that cheap in my headshop they go real quick but what i mean is u can get cheaper plain toros but my toros was the cheapest worked toro ever in the shop. and i wasnt sure if i liked toros so i wasnt gonna spend more then 400 so my toro actually worked perfectly for me. yea man u can get a toro like mine for your price range. as long as u dont live in certain areas. ive heard about some places on socal upselling toros 100% meanin whatever they paided they double the price. ex 500 would sell for 1000! but not all shops r like that just ones ran by jerks! but talk to toob as well he knows a lil more about toros then me.

RooR HeaD

Do u guys truely think cali has the best weed? i dotn know man my close friend lived in cali for a while he had a medical card and would always bring a bunch back with him all the time when he came home to see his family and friends and he always hooked me up with a sum. and i mean he brought back the top stuff from tnese clubs even 100 dollors 8ths of triple og kush and he openly admitted some of the weed we gets in buffalo is better then alot of shit he sees in cali. and we went to amsterdam together and he still sticks to the best weed he has ever seen and smoked was Thcs Bermeesee Kush excuse my spelling,gray areas marchin mean gree and commie chong and of course arjans haze.

RooR HeaD

pack i fell u man if i sold my glass i have no clue what i would ask for. and what would b considered fair at the same time.

by the way to all u toro collectors i heard this and was wondering what u think? i was talkin to a blower and toro does not blow his own bases and buy down tubes in bulk from shitty company. if thats ture that really sucks considering how much these toros sell for.

and pack how does he get those percs in the bong?

RooR HeaD

rh posts some pretty choice nugs...

Bobby, I'm trying to buy like 5 packs of subcool's gear for when i can start growing, cause when I do it will be the best shit out there, hands down.

Thanks tony! u have always thrown up some nice kind yourself. and i always like that hash on the razor.

swishaman

Probably builds individual sections on and off a lathe, then welds em all together on the lathe.

Probably wrong though.

Toob or RHead - Any known Toro dealers in Texas or surrounding states? Also kind of surprising about the downstem/base, but if the base is half ass decent it shouldn't be a problem. Stem is easily replaced (I would hope)... What size (length) are the stems?

I want a Darby worked stem/bowl but he uses slit diffusers :| Not even 3 slits, just two on each side... (4 slits total)....sucks cuz i could go get one :|

Probably get a Fro when the time comes... he uses hole diffs right?

pack a bowl

dtremayne, i made that one for myself.. but pm me if you ever got a question. its an inline also, not exactly just a stemless.

yea roor head, thats exactly it, i never wanna be ripping anyone one off, but at the same time i'm trying to support myself and make a livin here.

i dunno if toro gets pre-made feet, but i highly doubt it.. the only premade feet i see on tubes are ELHES or how ever the hell its spelt.. i know they are premade b/c they are the same as feet on some scientific glassware... but those tubes are cheap for a reason.

hows he get the percs in there? well maybe asking a little more specifically and i can give you a better answer but that seal is the same as an inline seal or dub bub seal. its called a ring seal i think, not sure though b/c i have no formal training. they use lathes too obv.

i'd love to see the toro headquarters though where its all made. i went to college for like 2 months before i dropped out (i was doing soft glass in college... waste of time when i knew i wanted to work with boro for a living) and a friend of a friend came up to the school. he was 21-23 years old with a gun case full of headies... it blew my mind that the kid was that young and busting out quality work... so that inspired me to drop out and get onto learning boro quicker... but the friend was a amateur glassblower (not the one with the heady case) who turned down an opportunity to be JP's (guy who started toro) apprentice... you can imagine how painful that was to hear that the kid passed up such an amazing opportunity just to go to college while i was leaving college just to get a head start on my future/goals w/ glass.

and to anyone wondering, leaving college was the best decision i ever made.. so glad i did, i highly doubt i would of had the determination/movation to get as far as i have already with glass if i was doing it after graduating. take chances, its the only way sometimes.

pack a bowl

Probably builds individual sections on and off a lathe, then welds em all together on the lathe.

Probably wrong though.

Toob or RHead - Any known Toro dealers in Texas or surrounding states? Also kind of surprising about the downstem/base, but if the base is half ass decent it shouldn't be a problem. Stem is easily replaced (I would hope)... What size (length) are the stems?

dragon's breath in texas is an amazing shop... i saw pics of it on TC a few months back. 99% sure they have toros and a fuck load of mind blowing glass.

swishaman

dragon's breath in texas is an amazing shop... i saw pics of it on TC a few months back. 99% sure they have toros and a fuck load of mind blowing glass.

ooo man i fuckin love you.

4 hour drive.....

will go this week sometime :)

Mr. T - I said IF he saw how you acted on these forums.

pack a bowl

nice slide.. i don't like 100% of slingers stencils, i like about 50 - 75% of them but thats a keeper for sure. are you actually touching the oil (or what ever form of hash it is) or just getting really close? nice pic also

S

Seismic

Here is my new piece, it is the first bong with a perc that I have owned as well. It not might be too impressive to most of you, but she rips like a champ for me:joint:

Locally made piece
9mm Borosilicate glass
18.8 joint
Diffused downstem
2 Tree percs w/ 3 arms
Ice notches
and a Fro Slide

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

swishaman

Looks good Seismic. I like how the trees are taller than pretty much every other that I have seen... Seems like it would improve the hit... Like the fro slide as well :abduct:

S

Seismic

Thanks swisha, I can definitely say that its smoother than my volcano, or any of my other pieces for that matter.

RooR HeaD

TOny u got any better pics of that slinger slide. if so post them up and yo dont bother with swisher man hes just looking to start trouble!

pack a bowl

frog was real... almost had this piece for 3 years now, and i feel like it will be a nice piece of history one day when pipes are more accepted by the masses.

35963863gx5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.