What's new

Post Your ACE X's !!!

Sativied

Veteran
Some more (PCK x Silver Haze) F2 x Cannalope Haze pics, almost done.

C332421E-1015-42B2-B03B-2D98E3770CBD.jpeg

C27D7723-DEAF-4E29-9984-994F1F141A2F.jpeg

B5CCFEEC-F1CF-41BA-B6EE-12AE7A983641.jpeg

No interesex on that one, but no cuttings (was a test run to see if any would turn this red). Did pollinate some lower buds but don’t trust the male. Unique smoke, can’t buy this in shops.

Another clean one. Basically the red ones are clean, half of the pink-ish and green ones are not. Only confirms my suspicion about the SH I used.
E9E0D4E5-C8FA-480E-8718-D01341B4510B.jpeg

Cauliflower-bud structure pheno, most SH leaning plant

69FE0FA6-67DA-4DF4-8DC7-C87E73DD197B.jpeg

CH-leaning bud structure, pinking from bottom up, smells gorgeous.
92303E45-08AE-48B5-846A-3784BE2F0B90.jpeg

Had a couple more females than I needed, decided to keep it in seedling ’pot’ (400ml remainder of bottle). No regrets :)
3995DC44-F897-44C3-833E-ABB7E1C64D54.jpeg

Rest is in 2L milk jugs. I vegged longer than needed cause I expected the PCK to have still more influence on their size. Instead, most (aside from the most red again) elongated and exploded during transition and early flower like SH.
1EEA85B5-8760-4A30-84E6-0316764179BE.jpeg

I think I may have found my Hindu Kush x red PCK seeds, popping those next. That was the initial plan, beef up pck with a fat hindu I had. I see now that’s not needed given the right sativa or hybrid and a few runs but if they are what I hope there are I’ll post here again soon. If not, then later. Still got a bunch of red pck x red pck (in addition to pink x red, purple x red, etc).

EnjoyingLife

Ethiopian is underrated because very few people grow it. It's a great strain even if it's not popular. It's a potentially high THCV strain so breeders should think about adding it to their collection.

It's one of my top five favorite strains to smoke. Especially early in the day. It doesn't keep you from attending to the business you need to accomplish.
The potential for thcv is why I bought the seeds.
I wonder if anyone has crossed it to Jack the Ripper as I've read it's another potential thcv candidate, Doug's Varin, quatravarin (I may have that name wrong), thc victory (I think that's another thcv canidate or anything that's high thcv from hoku.

Shua1991

I wonder if anyone has crossed it to Jack the Ripper as I've read it's another potential thcv candidate, Doug's Varin, quatravarin (I may have that name wrong), thc victory (I think that's another thcv canidate or anything that's high thcv from hoku.

I've grown several JTR hybrids through the years, it's something you have to know to look for, the phenotype is very thin, low yield and looks like the mother, "Jack's Cleaner", has a very stimulating and appetite suppressing effect, the citrus terps I believe assist with the racy effects, but the high is not very long on the High THCV phenotypes, as the higher you get THCV, the shorter the duration of high, similar to CBD. The only thing that seems to negate this is the entourage effect, some other phytochemicals may cancel the negative effects of THCV, like myrcene or limonene or pinene seem to boost thc's duration and effects.

I think zamaldelica is the best bet for high THCV phenotypes, if you find the meao Thai pheno, not much can compare, it makes JTR seem like child's play.

Sensistar42

Ethiopian is underrated because very few people grow it. It's a great strain even if it's not popular. It's a potentially high THCV strain so breeders should think about adding it to their collection.

It's one of my top five favorite strains to smoke. Especially early in the day. It doesn't keep you from attending to the business you need to accomplish.
I plan on crossing an Ethiopian to my honduras when I get the chance to get packs of Ethiopian. Love happy coffee like highs and that mixed with the Honduran anxiety free stop and smells the roses feel would be a great hiking/daytime strain.

EnjoyingLife

I've grown several JTR hybrids through the years, it's something you have to know to look for, the phenotype is very thin, low yield and looks like the mother, "Jack's Cleaner", has a very stimulating and appetite suppressing effect, the citrus terps I believe assist with the racy effects, but the high is not very long on the High THCV phenotypes, as the higher you get THCV, the shorter the duration of high, similar to CBD. The only thing that seems to negate this is the entourage effect, some other phytochemicals may cancel the negative effects of THCV, like myrcene or limonene or pinene seem to boost thc's duration and effects.

I think zamaldelica is the best bet for high THCV phenotypes, if you find the meao Thai pheno, not much can compare, it makes JTR seem like child's play.
I got a cart from the brand chemistry. It's their pink boost goddess. It's roughly 3:1 thcv:thc or cbd\v idr. It seems the whatever batch they are on now may be better.

I'm noticing it's not for me(I'm hoping it's just the strain). I notice a physical energy boost but it seems to trigger depression in me because mentally I just want to sit still(I see this as lack of motivation which is how my depression starts). It does suppress my appetite for the duration of the effects but afterwards I have a surge of the munchies which I typically don't get from weed.

I'm looking forward to sampling the Ethiopian I grew this season but am uncertain when I'll have the time. I like to give myself a couple hours of knowing I'm not needed so I can fully enjoy the effects especially when it's the first time with a strain so I can also evaluate it.

I'd love to find a good Thai pheno. I can't buy seeds rn or I'd get the Thai Ace recentlyish released. Maybe I can find one in Destroyer when I get to pop them.

I made note of the terps you mentioned so I remember to look for those when growing strains with the potential for high thcv. Maybe that'll help negate the lack of mental energy.

I know a lab would be helpful for testing and that the cart I have is way off balance from what anything I have seed wise would produce so I'm assuming I'll have better luck with the seeds vs another cart in finding something that works for me.

EnjoyingLife

Some more (PCK x Silver Haze) F2 x Cannalope Haze pics, almost done.

View attachment 18935209

View attachment 18935210

View attachment 18935211

No interesex on that one, but no cuttings (was a test run to see if any would turn this red). Did pollinate some lower buds but don’t trust the male. Unique smoke, can’t buy this in shops.

Another clean one. Basically the red ones are clean, half of the pink-ish and green ones are not. Only confirms my suspicion about the SH I used.
View attachment 18935212

Cauliflower-bud structure pheno, most SH leaning plant

View attachment 18935213

CH-leaning bud structure, pinking from bottom up, smells gorgeous.
View attachment 18935214

Had a couple more females than I needed, decided to keep it in seedling ’pot’ (400ml remainder of bottle). No regrets :)
View attachment 18935215

Rest is in 2L milk jugs. I vegged longer than needed cause I expected the PCK to have still more influence on their size. Instead, most (aside from the most red again) elongated and exploded during transition and early flower like SH.
View attachment 18935216

I think I may have found my Hindu Kush x red PCK seeds, popping those next. That was the initial plan, beef up pck with a fat hindu I had. I see now that’s not needed given the right sativa or hybrid and a few runs but if they are what I hope there are I’ll post here again soon. If not, then later. Still got a bunch of red pck x red pck (in addition to pink x red, purple x red, etc).

"Cauliflower-bud structure pheno, most SH leaning plant"
First thing is please remind me what sh is.
Silver Haze as in SSH?
If so, I think I'm reading if one has SH they may want to select towards cauliflower bud structure assuming they want heavy sh influence of course.

Sativied

Veteran
"Cauliflower-bud structure pheno, most SH leaning plant"
First thing is please remind me what sh is.
Silver Haze as in SSH?
If so, I think I'm reading if one has SH they may want to select towards cauliflower bud structure assuming they want heavy sh influence of course.
SSH is Super Silver Haze. SH = regular plain ol' Silver Haze. IMHO, a good silver haze is better than a good SSH but that's totally subjective and probably slightly influenced by nostalgia. :) Sensi Silver Haze specifically, big fan otherwise but would not recommend SH for breeding not-so-sensitive strains
That said, yeah a lot of traits in cannabis appear to be linked. The SH itself produces different phenos with slightly different bud structure though. But if the other parent has a clearly different structure than yes, similar bud structure would be a strong indicator. When it comes to sativa or indica dom hybrids you can usually recognize it by the buds. Rockhard afghani (or pakistini) kush buds that smell and taste like haze, I don't think I ever had that. The reason I can subscribe the cauliflower easily to the SH is because I know it's definitely not PCK structure and grown plenty of CH (cannalope haze) and siblings of the SH parent to know it's from the SH.
Practical example, or case in point, the more saturated the red in the plants I got going now, the more the leaves look like PCK, the more the bud structure looks like (large calyx) kush, the more compact, and in this case, no nanners either. In a next generation there could be more variation but yes, a lot is linked. And when you figure out what, it's also becomes easier to select males, or at least exclude some.

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
Golden tiger x satori mt gold 62 days into flower.

Attachments

• 20231221_063141.jpg
    20231221_063141.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 68
  • 20231221_063159.jpg
    20231221_063159.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 69
  • 20231221_063317.jpg
    20231221_063317.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 75
  • 20231221_063132.jpg
    20231221_063132.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 61
  • 20231221_063043.jpg
    20231221_063043.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 64
  • 20231221_063036.jpg
    20231221_063036.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
  • 20231221_063031.jpg
    20231221_063031.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 60
  • 20231221_063019.jpg
    20231221_063019.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 53
  • 20231221_063009.jpg
    20231221_063009.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
  • 20231221_063001.jpg
    20231221_063001.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 59

EnjoyingLife

SSH is Super Silver Haze. SH = regular plain ol' Silver Haze. IMHO, a good silver haze is better than a good SSH but that's totally subjective and probably slightly influenced by nostalgia. :) Sensi Silver Haze specifically, big fan otherwise but would not recommend SH for breeding not-so-sensitive strains
That said, yeah a lot of traits in cannabis appear to be linked. The SH itself produces different phenos with slightly different bud structure though. But if the other parent has a clearly different structure than yes, similar bud structure would be a strong indicator. When it comes to sativa or indica dom hybrids you can usually recognize it by the buds. Rockhard afghani (or pakistini) kush buds that smell and taste like haze, I don't think I ever had that. The reason I can subscribe the cauliflower easily to the SH is because I know it's definitely not PCK structure and grown plenty of CH (cannalope haze) and siblings of the SH parent to know it's from the SH.
Practical example, or case in point, the more saturated the red in the plants I got going now, the more the leaves look like PCK, the more the bud structure looks like (large calyx) kush, the more compact, and in this case, no nanners either. In a next generation there could be more variation but yes, a lot is linked. And when you figure out what, it's also becomes easier to select males, or at least exclude some.
Thanks for the quick concise answer!
Where is the cantaloupe haze from?

xtsho

These could have gone longer but I had to make room for other stuff. I'm always on a tight schedule during the winter indoor growing season and am short on room in the flowering tent. They turned out good and I'm enjoying the effects. I'm not chasing the highest THC and these ACE crosses provide a great uplifting high.

{(PCK + Durban) + (Durban)} + {Guatemala}

pckdurbanguatemala12262023.jpg

{Guatemala + Ethiopian} I'm calling it Guatelopian. :D

guatelopian.jpg

EnjoyingLife

These could have gone longer but I had to make room for other stuff. I'm always on a tight schedule during the winter indoor growing season and am short on room in the flowering tent. They turned out good and I'm enjoying the effects. I'm not chasing the highest THC and these ACE crosses provide a great uplifting high.

{(PCK + Durban) + (Durban)} + {Guatemala}

View attachment 18938694

{Guatemala + Ethiopian} I'm calling it Guatelopian. :D

View attachment 18938695
Those look tasty

xtsho

Those look tasty

They are. Significant difference in flavors from the two.

The Ethiopian + Guatemala flavors are earthy somewhat coffee and woody. A slight piney taste. I smoked a bowl this morning around 6:00 am before taking the dog for a walk. It was still dark as we made our way down the street on our mile long route. There are still people with Christmas Lights up and they really seemed to "Pop" visually as I walked past the well lit up houses.

Overall the effect is exactly what I like in the morning. It is a really invigorating high. I took the dog for a walk, made the lady breakfast, responded to a bunch of emails, transplanted some seedlings into larger pots. No couchlock type effects at all. It's an excellent morning smoke.

The {(PCK + Durban) + (Durban)} + {Guatemala} was moderately more heavy in effect. It's not couchlock by any means but you can tell it has a more sedating effect than the Ethiopian + Guatemala. The taste is different as well. While it still has the woody and coffee characteristics there is also a slight sweetness. It's not a berry type of sweet but more caramel sweet with some light fruitiness like a ripe mango but it's subtle.

Tastes vary from person to person so what I thought I tasted may be different from others might identify.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello Ace family,
Today was hash making day. I finished the first two rounds of Flushing through my 5 gallon Boldt bags. I used 17 ounces of my Lebanese x Auto Malawi f1's. Both plants produced roughly 7.5 ounces of bud. These were double planted in 35 gallon grow bags in my greenhouse. The bags are;
25u 2.464 grams
45u. 15.469 g
90u. 7.387g
160u. 2.127g

Earlier I had 3 small puffs through my Journey Pipe of yesterday's 25u since that's my newest bag, and I got lit up. Great buzz with a very gentle landing. Yesterday I only did 7ounces of bud in my antique washing machine that I converted into a hash machine.

Here is some pictures from today. More Lebanese x Auto Malawi hanging in the background. I will do two posts of pictures.
Peace farmerlion
20231229_150436.jpg
20231229_150115.jpg
20231229_150200.jpg
20231229_150423.jpg
20231229_163703.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello again,
I hope you all had a great Christmas with family and friends. Momma Lion and myself found out both our boy's wives are expecting babies in July. We're so blessed.
20231229_163912.jpg
20231229_184500.jpg
20231229_191136.jpg
20231229_191346.jpg
20231229_191521.jpg
20231229_191656.jpg

Dubi, your genetics are amazing my friend. Next season Lord willing, I have some Baglung Nepalese x Auto Zamaldelica to dive into a little deeper. I had a few plants of them this season and the high is incredible. I want to see them single planted in a 35 gallon grow bag to see how they perform in a more unrestricted environment.

Blessings to the entire Ace family.
Peace farmerlion

Shua1991

IMG_20231231_132101.jpg

Males testing finally completed, the Golden Tiger dominant "meaty" phenotype aka "bourguignon" male is a real stud, one of the few males I've seen produce full headed trichomes. I have smoked this male and I get a slightly spacey creeper effect. Doesn't last long but it's a good sign.

The f2's should be more toward the hashplant sativa side but I will have to grow them out to know with any certainty.

Last edited: