What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post Your ACE X's !!!

Shua1991

Another breeder's 100+ seeds I attempted germinating since 5/23 failed on me so I'm gonna go start another 100+ seeds of my own.

I can safely tick that seed distributor off my list.

Some lessons you should only learn once.
20230601_231152.jpg

These were sitting in my veg room for over a year now and they're getting 95%+ germ rate.

Shua1991

Last year I pollinated the following with a purple- coloured PCK male.

PCK green
PCK purple
Bangi Haze
Highland Nepalese (Cannabiogen)
MASK F2
Freezeland IBL
Nepalese Jam

Currently have 66 seedlings of the above for this season.
freezeland x pck f1 🔥
Nepalese highland x pck f1 🔥

These two sound like they would have the most hybrid vigor due to the parentage's inbreeding.

Hmong

Veteran
Some lessons you should only learn once.

was it all the same strain? or just 100+ seeds from the same bank?

most often its storage, too much heat at some point along the way.

But interestingly I had several instances in my personal seed making before, where relatively fresh seeds (5y), stored in the same conditions as the oldest stock (13y) were complete duds, while the old stuff still has a +90% rate.
And those were all regs too, so has nothing to do with reversal chemicals etc.

Digging em up from the soil, I noticed that they were starting to decay from the mircolife.
You could see fungus growing over the shells as those had turned black and glossy.
Since every seed comes with his own microbiome there could be something behind that, but that's yet to high for me to fully understand.

xtsho

ACE PCK / Sensi Durban "Durbistan" F4 + Mazar I Sharif from RSC. Part of my outdoor grow this year. Hoping for 2 females. I grew a female indoors awhile back and it turned out quite good. It was just a small plant basically grown 12/12 from seed in a small pot so I'm anxious to see how this does outside in bigger pots. I'm transplanting either later today or tomorrow. Hopefully it will finish mid to late September.

durbistanmasari.jpg

Shua1991

1686154570803532431211105437890.jpg

I plan on growing outdoors this summer in New York. This may be a bad omen. Any west coast growers know if smog is tolerated well by plants? I didn't think my selection process would include tolerance to smog, it's humid already in the Hudson Valley, with this variable things get weird, I'd think this would suffocate my plants.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
@farmerlion
Yes, first time and 3 females out of 3 seeds. ^^ Till now a grew none of these strains and have not much experience with sativas... had a Panama and hybrids like White Island(Kiwi Seeds).

My buddy Jay-Jay Genetics made this strain and gifted me some seeds. 🙏

I'm growing the GT x PS among other strains at the window and maybe i'm putting another of this strain out in the cornfield or other spot, just for fun because it probably won't get ready outside here 51* north.

Keif Cake

Veteran
Head Bandidos F1s (mostly)
20230616_012832.jpg

Fire ass Head Bandidos f1 getting ready for flower again, and making some F2s
20230616_012636.jpg

With this male, hopefully another , but at least i have one that passes the eye test.
20230616_012606.jpg

Three more, one was a ugly male and composted, one of them is a very good looking female
20230615_235334.jpg

Three Destroyer x Old Timers Haze, all look interestingly different, really like the look of two of them. Maybe i like the look of all three
20230616_005915.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Head Bandidos F1s (mostly)
View attachment 18854681
Fire ass Head Bandidos f1 getting ready for flower again, and making some F2s
View attachment 18854682

With this male, hopefully another , but at least i have one that passes the eye test.
View attachment 18854684
Three more, one was a ugly male and composted, one of them is a very good looking female
View attachment 18854685

Three Destroyer x Old Timers Haze, all look interestingly different, really like the look of two of them. Maybe i like the look of all three
View attachment 18854683

MrHamilton

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
#2(cute little leaf mutations/buds)
View attachment 18818020
I kind of just neglected these throughout flowering. #1 & #3 went about 70ish days, and the samples I tried are good, but nothing special. However, #2 went 110ish days, never developed any real buds per se, more like collections of foxtails. I just sampled some while jarring it up, and I was more than impressed with its effects. Very nice heady feeling without any drag on the body. Has a hash and ? taste so far. Another plant I wish I kept a cutting of.
2B97028E-A2AD-47E2-9A0A-D20EB397F45F.jpeg

Shua1991

(Plushberry x Cuvee f2) x Golden Tiger (fruity) transferring tonight.

20230621_033851.jpg

Early sniff tests are very promising.

Cherry/chocolate coming through on a few seedlings, a few got that soapy/rosewater candy smell.
I smelled a bunch of liver/meat smelling seedlings too, the bloody/copper/iron smells are really strong on a few too, the very pronounced smelling plants got marked, the best plants who show their stuff early tend to be elite phenotypes.

I stuck one plant ontop of a 32oz container in the picture, that is the best smelling plant in over 200, it smells like a rare pheno of cuvee f2(grandpa) - "Crème de cassis" you can get a bit of alcoholic whiff on stem rub, leaves smell of sweet black currant, earthy dark chocolate and wine cork, I have high hopes for that one, I'm hoping it is a male.

Looking to find something similar to the "fruity malawi" pheno(Haribo gummies) with a bit longer duration of effects, the malawi phenotypes are reliably stealth, no real odor on them until flower, then they get really fruity. I found about 3 of such plants in the last run and all were hardy and stable, with decent yields and a really stimulating effect perfect for wake and bake that seems to kill hunger pains/appetite suppression I assume these are all High THCV chemotypes, which is exactly what I want. I have one elite cut of this high THCV pheno to compare against this new crop, I hope I find much better examples and quality males to produce f2's.

Last edited:

burningfire

Veteran
Small update.

View media item 18711149
Mostly NCH3 x Ethiopian.

The NCH3 x Ethiopians are mostly uniform, stem rub gives off a smell very similar to the NCH3, something sour but not lemony, it reminds me a little of rhubarb. I get noseblind really quickly so it's hard for me to go through all of them for subtle difference. There's two NCH3 Fem seedlings in solo cups. The growth is different so there's an obvious Ethiopian influence to the cross.

I should have already selected my females for this summer but I couldn't be bothered this spring so I have to start culling, It's a lottery at this point, I can't wait until they reach maturity and show pre-flowers.
I think I'll put 2-3 plants that "look" female to me in a larger pot , top them, and cross my fingers. I'm going by internodal distance.. that's the best way I can think of at the moment.

I'll try and keep one that is leggier and hopefully a male in a small pot that I can backcross with.

Latest posts

Latest posts