What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post pics of your last fishing trip!!!!

Gramse

Lakes ATM mate so that's only 12lbs ffs it looks huge

Yeah it does but nah, it's just the picture. Not a big pike but a nice sized fish:)

The pike is a lazy ambush predator. Look for spots where it can hide, like rocks, vegetation belts, fallen tree and stuff like that. And of course nearby the smaller fish in the lake.

B

bigganjabud

Cheers bro I've just been on the phone with my fishing bud talking about our next trip

Gramse

Cheers bro I've just been on the phone with my fishing bud talking about our next trip

Planning a longer fishing trip is really nice. Planning, pack everything and plan a strategy for the trip. At that moment everything is possible, ah I love it:)

Gramse

Haha u r right. But the confidence you have before a trip is something I have problem to maintain. I always start to doubt my strategy if I don't get a good start.

B

bigganjabud

Bites are few and far between so I'm gonna have a bash at a different lakes

B

bigganjabud

Just spoke to my fishing partner

Looks like my next trip is booked for the first weekend in december

HereIgrowagain

Ledgered dead baits either bluey or smelt or mackerel suspended under a big cigar float set over depth and make sure the baitrunner is set up. If the float moves or stands up be prepared to let the float run before banging into the bite, keep the rod high and hold on tight. Expect fish tailing and air jumping, plenty of swearing and a feeling of being pulled into the water haha, great fun. Oh, and learn how to de hook before you go. Wear a glove until you get the hang of it. :tiphat:

Gramse

Hi guys! Went for a trip this weekend for a second attempt to catch pike from the ice. The day begun with a hour of walk throw the forrest before I reached the small lake where the fishing took place:

One strike and one lost fish was what the day had to offer. It's a pretty new lake to me, only been there a couple of times for casting from land before. Only caught smaller ones then. camp for the day:
:D

I placed out five of these sets and baited with roaches:

The day after a friend and I went to another lake. That day we had better luck and caught four pikes. Small ones but the first ones ice for us:woohoo:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts