What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post low odor strains

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think it tastes like either really but there are a few phenos you may come acoss in
f2's or f3's that have an anise or licorice thing going on. But normally it's more of a sweet sugary hashy taste with a citrus twang to it but it all depends on the pheno.

The Swt #3 can have some very BB leaning phenos that taste like sweet berry or skittles and then others are far more like a citrusy sugar taste namely the SPG ones I like the best. Of course your grow medium is going to dictate alot of that as well as the nutes you use.

I have found the best results for taste yield and potency in coir and hydroton mix with the Advanced Nutrients line in a drip hydro setup. 2 weeks flush until they start to change colors for the most super sugary sweet taste and aroma possible.

Soil and all organic everything will get you some amazing result too of course!

If you can get some Sweet Tooth #4 it is far more SPG leaning in my experience and has less of the BB influence so most of them are very sugary sweet pink grapefruit citrus flavor. I like flavor as much as the next guy does but the high is really the best part with Sweet Tooth. It is totally happy, cozy and anti-anxiety with good euphoria great for stress relief and relaxation. You smoke some and then just sit there smile & glow. :canabis:

N

Nick Sand

Kalli Mist from Serious Seeds and Flo from DJ Short have been low odor in my experience. Early Skunk Haze aka Early Pearl Skunk x Haze from Mr. Nice was low odor as well but they put out a little more stink than the other two strains I just mentioned. Hope that helps.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is a rare wide leaf plant that shows up in my Sour Nevada creation ('91 Chemdog x Sour Diesel IBL) that has a slight lemon smell to it and that is it. It doesn't smell like Cannabis at all while growing. I would run it without a Carbon Filter without any worries, but once it is dried and cured I would be highly afraid to even let someone around after I have cracked open a bag.

Yesca73

i grew kusgage(from clone SF dispensery)
mazar (clone from bluesky)
outside
both have low oder but but didnt produce nice buds just ok.
Iam currently looking for a low oder strain from seed that I can grow this year outdoor.
must be strong high

komrade komura

Just finished a run with Nirvana's Pure Power Plant. Low odour until the final two weeks and then mostly only when disturbed. Carbon filter handled it perfectly. Harvest odours will require some masking.

budsicles

Peak Seeds Sweet Skunk
A friend did a tent with (8) 5ft ladies around a 400w vert setup.
Didnt use any odor control methods and the room smelled like absolutely nothing, even up to harvest. One pheno could be rubbed then sniffed up close...and it still smelled like nothing. Super frosty bud as well. Nice sativa high.

doams

Barneys Acapulco gold is high thc and lowest odor smells like carrot.
dense buds made up from calyxes and buds have this dry feeling when touched.

its nr.1 on my list for low odor.

Last edited:

l33t

Veteran
Most of the pure or mostly pure sativas Ive grown don't need carbon filter with ok ventilation.

Happy Times

Thinking about Nirvana Northern Lights for the backyard which is close to a pretty major road/sidewalk. Thinking maybe blue mystic also, or maybe C99. If C99 might do Mosca's F2 to save some $$$.

Any new thoughts/recommendations/comments on on low odor ? Saw a few peeps recommend Kali Mist in this thread which sounds fun also.

shell

also C99 Female seeds in vegetation no odor, flow very litle more tropic fruit, mandarine, orange, pineapple, lime... mmmmmmmm :dance013:

Happy Times

also C99 Female seeds in vegetation no odor, flow very litle more tropic fruit, mandarine, orange, pineapple, lime... mmmmmmmm :dance013:

Thanks for the recommendation! How about odor in flower? I'd really like to run C99 but really have to minimize any odor risk in this backyard location.

Koondense

Veteran
Tropical Seeds have some low odor varieties, I can recommend Cognition(out of stock), Durbakistan and Towerful for low smell.