What's new

portable A.C's and co2 enrichment

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
> Damn....a $500 dehumidifier

Ya and 700 watts worth as well!
Just wanna touch on one thing....make a quick point....
It cools the temps AND dehumidifies...and also Ionizes (ozone emitted during night to help slay molds and odor control)....

Dehumidifiers add heat....which is bad in my area in the summer....the Ac cools AND dehumidifies

I think I've seen window units with this dehumidify feature.....

peace

G

-VT- said:
Just wanna touch on one thing....make a quick point....
It cools the temps AND dehumidifies...and also Ionizes (ozone emitted during night to help slay molds and odor control)....

Dehumidifiers add heat....which is bad in my area in the summer....the Ac cools AND dehumidifies

I think I've seen window units with this dehumidify feature.....

peace
which unit you talkin bout VT?

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
blue dog said:
which unit you talkin bout VT?
My portable AC vs my Dehumidifiers....

Sharp 9K BTU by the way (Lowe's)....almost as many watts as a light

Edited to add:

icdog said:
Portable AC's emit ozone?
Only if they have an "ionizer'....many do not...mine does have this feature...it emits ozone when the Ionizer feature is engaged

peace

Last edited:
G

Never heard of AC giving off ozone... find that hard to believe

Never heard of AC giving off ozone... find that hard to believe

Ozone is not very healthy for people in lage amounts or repeated exposure.... does'nt seem likely that AC would give off ozone but have been wrong before..

Peace

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
^^My friends cental AC has an ozone generator built into it...it allows you to choose from 3 different levels of ozone output, but they're relatively small ozone generators (compared to ones designed for odor control in grows) so I don't think it's near as much of a health risk as you might think.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Perhaps my post was misleading...or not read thoroughly :p

My portable AC has an IONIZER....the ionizer EMITS OZONE...for odor control and supposedly cleans the air....

I did not post that all airconditioners just wantonly 'emit ozone'...mine has a FEATURE that releases ozone ON PURPOSE BY DESIGN....

I never said "AC's emit ozone"....I said mine did...and I went on to say if the ionizer function is engaged....

My apologies for a post that lacked clarity and caused confusion.... :)

Last edited:
N

Neptune

what kind of de-humidifiers do you guys run?

I am sealing my room now, and setting up CO2 enrichment for next crop. I am very worried about humidity... I have mold problems as it is without the extra RH% from co2 generators and sealed rooms.

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
Neptune said:
what kind of de-humidifiers do you guys run?

Whirlpool 32pt here...but I would opt for a larger one if I had to pay full price instead of the clearance price I got on this one.

2buds

No experience with portables but co2 enrichment, what a fuggin difference. Last crop-No co2=no density just fluff no matter how much I fed them. Sucked it up and got the old 50lb tank filled, ready set go for the next crop.

Portable AC's always seemed like junk, window units rock, efficient these days, quiet when new and not rusty, reliable. In the south, we wear shorts and t-shirts at Christmas so no biggy to hear an AC unit running in Dec,Jan,Feb.

If the budget allowed, split ac would be the way to go. If it runs on R22 you can buy it at a parts store, no license needed. Flush the system with a can to get rid of contaminents and impurities in the lines then charge the lines and your good to go. Completely sealed, no exchanging of any air from the outside to the inside.

Stay safe everyone!

G

Neptune you need to be concerned with humidity in a sealed grow,especially during the lights off hours.I use a 45 pint dehumid in an 8 by 8 room and it takes about 14 hours to fill it,over 2 gallons of water.I normally only run it during the dark hours or I'd pull even more water out.Besides your crop,you have to be concerned about your room physically,floor tiles and drywall dont do well in a constantly humid environment,the room wont last long lol.How big is your flower room?That would determine the size of the unit you should get

pico

Veteran
I think I have a 50 or 60 pint dehumid in a 10x20 sealed room and it isn't cutting the mustard. I have it hooked up to a constant drain.

G

Hey VT and Sandman......

Hey VT and Sandman......

I was readin my last post and it came across wrong... I didn't think you were not telling the truth...... didn't mean that at all. I was just suprised they had ozone generators in the central air. I know they say it is bad and all but hell seems like everything has a few free-radicals. LOL

Anyway wanted to tell ya that. Sometimes I know what I think I'm saying and sometimes when I reread it..... that isn't what I was thinkin. Anyway.....

Peace

Last edited:

pico

Veteran
I am getting a ton of water. For some reason the dehumidifier still has trouble keeping humidity at 50%. I think the brick walls let moisture in or something.

N

Neptune

My room is 14x8x8... a long rectangle.

I run 3kw, five 600w bulbs.

I have an AC with dehumidifier function, but it never drops the humidity.
What size dehumidifier should I buy, and how much power do these things take?

60 pint is like 600w?

pico

Veteran
i have a feeling it is more than that. I have a power cord with a 15 amp fuse and it pops it after like 15 minutes. This is on a 20 amp breaker so it doesn't pop breaker. Could just be a faulty fuse though.

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
Hey pico, can you line the walls with a moisture barrier to help seal off the area?

No worries Bree...I've never seen one before I saw my friends - and honestly I was quite surprised to see it being built into an AC...but it makes sense for home odor control.

Neptune - yeah, they use an assload of power. My 32pt uses around 500w I believe. A 45-60pt should be about right for that area IMO...

pico

Veteran
I think that might be more trouble than it is worth for me to do the brick walls. I have 1" hard insulation with moisture barier on the walls i built though.

My 50 point gets the job done at the end of the day, it just has to run all the time and I feel like I need a bigger unit to be able to control humidity levels faster. But, I just installed another 2 lights which means the A/C will be kicking on now and so humidity should drop.

Latest posts

Latest posts