What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Poor man's grow season 1

weedemart

D5
IMG_20240228_114301990.jpg

weedemart

D13 from seed
I had very poor germination rate on the first batch. Seed didn't crack. They are probably too old.
Did the paper towel method with a new batch and 4 day they pop.

ec .4
ph 5.2
15-20 mole
IMG_20240306_061000109.jpg

Last edited:

weedemart

I intentionally reduced phosphorus to 9ppm total to test the lower extreme. After 14 days from seeds plants show early P def under moderate light. Back to 18ppm.
IMG_20240310_105131059.jpg

LndRcLvr

So are you 12 /12 immediately after germination to sex them? And then do you change the light again or leave as is?

weedemart

So are you 12 /12 immediately after germination to sex them? And then do you change the light again or leave as is?
no, the plants naturally declare their sex after the 5th node. then I eliminate the males and the unwanted females. Then I will take cuttings from each and I will make them flower.

I will keep the cuttings until the end of the harvest then after the tests I will eliminate them all to keep the best.

Next run I select the male. quite a bit more laborious.

I expect fairly uniform phenos in general with variations in flo stretch and terpenes, vigor. It's already very stable genetics so I'm not worried about hermaphroditism and I put the odds in my favor with an open pollenisation , I think it's the best way to preserve the orignal gene pool. Just need to find the diamond.

The males, it will be interesting to find a resinous one but I know that there is one in this genotype, I have seen several other people who have found one so no worries.

Will be interesting to compare with other members.

Last edited:

LndRcLvr

no, the plants naturally declare their sex after the 5th node. then I eliminate the males and the unwanted females. Then I will take cuttings from each and I will make them flower.

I will keep the cuttings until the end of the harvest then after the tests I will eliminate them all to keep the best.

Next run I select the male. quite a bit more laborious.

I expect fairly uniform phenos in general with variations in flo stretch and terpenes, vigor. It's already very stable genetics so I'm not worried about hermaphroditism and I put the odds in my favor with an open pollenisation , I think it's the best way to preserve the orignal gene pool. Just need to find the diamond.

The males, it will be interesting to find a resinous one but I know that there is one in this genotype, I have seen several other people who have found one so no worries.

Will be interesting to compare with other members.
Thanks for sharing your method.
So is it the case all photoperiods reveal their sex this way without a change to the lighting schedule? I did not realize this happened. ( Obviously haven't done enough research)

weedemart

D22
ec 0.6
ph 5.2 @ 6.5@rootzone
45mole

Will probly see somes preflowers soon

That's a tight morphology.
IMG_20240315_212646943.jpg
IMG_20240315_212624195.jpg

weedemart

So is this a tea you mix with water?

Your growing style is so wildly different to anything I've ever done, with the cubes and this tea but I quite fancy having a go myself, I love a challenge. Do you grow this way due to your situation or does it give better results than soil?

Thanks!

Yes I dilute the tea in the irrigation water.

And yes, tea is something that I have been doing for several years, I have noticed a lot of benefits and it is very inexpensive to make.Plants loves it. I mainly use it at the start of cultivation to insert microflora into the cube.

I have a very particular mix, I use several different microbial innoculants of very good quality which gives me a tea that is very diverse in beneficial microbes.

Last edited:

weedemart

I tried a new mix for a week and I really dont like it. As I expected it caused more problem than it solved.My original mix is 95% nitrate which cause ph to rise quickly close to 6.5-7.0 range, is in theory off range.
But it doesnt cause any issue except on the ph pen.I ''buff'' the nutrient solution to absorb the entire ph range.

Now I tried the 80/20 nitrate-ammonium ratio .should stabilize ph behavor and I get potassium/magnesium lockout shortly after even with a ph of 6.2 which is better than only nitrate.

So yeah my feed is so lean if I change slightly the equilibrum between cation , especially with a strong cation like nh4, it cause nutrient antagonism.

At least I did a spot check only on 2 plants not on every plant.

the 10ppm nh4 rule is still in vigor.back to the original formula.

Last edited:

weedemart

D23 on this plant .

For now I have 7 female. 2male eliminated, 1 eliminated because of poor growth and there is 4 plant left.Lucky run :)
IMG_20240323_180717291.jpg
IMG_20240323_180743468.jpg
IMG_20240323_180657783.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts