What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Poor man's grow season 1

weedemart

Hey everyone, I have some C99 seeds from Peakseedbc that I personally inbred quite a few years ago and I decided it was time to test them! The parents were very stable with little variation, in short the monstrous grapefruit pheno and the other not as impressive but very appreciated for its pineapple smell. Personally, the latter is one of my top weeds that I have been able to grow/smoke of all my life... I hope to have preserved it :S The seeds that I produced are the result of open pollenization so I'm crossing my fingers ahaha.

Day 5
feed= EC=0.25/PH=5.3
dont have meter but im probly around 20-25 mole per day.
1704659969229.jpeg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hey everyone, I have some C99 seeds from Peakseedbc that I personally inbred quite a few years ago and I decided it was time to test them! The parents were very stable with little variation, in short the monstrous grapefruit pheno and the other not as impressive but very appreciated for its pineapple smell. Personally, the latter is one of my top weeds that I have been able to grow/smoke of all my life... I hope to have preserved it :S The seeds that I produced are the result of open pollenization so I'm crossing my fingers ahaha.

Day 5
feed= EC=0.25/PH=5.3
dont have meter but im probly around 20-25 mole per day.
View attachment 18943330
I love rockwool I'm riding with you, friend. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

weedemart

Yes rockwool is the best growing medium. I made an art growing in it. Hope you guys enjoy, I will try update every weekend with detail of my growing schedule. Thanks!!

weedemart

Update day 11, nothing much changed but they did a nice progress.

ec=0.3
ph=5.3
mole/day=20-25

ph is a bit off at rootzone(6.7) but are they are doing fine. I had a start of algae on one cube so I decided to cover them before it spread. Unfortunately I dont have floraflex cap for this size of cube. They are already well rooted and roots are healthy so I plan to innoculate them with aact this week gonna post an update with more detail.
image0000011.jpg
image0000001(1).jpg

weedemart

Update day 14

Unfortunately I dont have everything in hand to make AACT right now but should receive things I need before friday. Next irrigation ! Plants are already thriving. Pics look a bit yellowish , will try to correct this.

ec=0.6
ph=5.3
still same light intensity. 20-25 mole/day.
image0000021.jpg
image0000011(1).jpg
image0000001(2).jpg

weedemart

update day 26: Plants are almost all sexed. 3 male confirmed and 2 potential female but they are a bit shy.Will know in few days. The males looks all very nice but one of the two potential female looks very weak so I will probly end up with only one mom. A bit unfortunate but It's part of the process. Will proceed to transplant to bigger cube next week . Temp were pretty high(32c) for few days because of the outdoor temperature but they didnt suffer too much as I kept the rh at 70%. I was so busy I let them dry too much so yeah the bottom parts took a hit but they are fine.

Innoculated them with aact this week. Will redo in 2 weeks.

I took pics of the cutest female :)

ec=.7
ph=5.2
moles=30-35/day
image0000001(8).jpg
image0000031.jpg

Last edited:

weedemart

day 37:

Chopped all male.

2 female as expected.1 female is very weak. Not a keeper but will see what she produces.

I topped them to grow 4 main branches. will setup the net after transplant

I cloned the best female, probly see some roots in few days.

The temp been pretty high this grow. Will try to change my carbon filter pre-filter, and reduce duct lenght, see if it helps.

EC=1.0
pH=5.2(6.5 at rootzone)
mole=40-50

Attachments

• image0000031.jpg
    image0000031.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 56
  • image0000021.jpg
    image0000021.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 47
  • image0000011.jpg
    image0000011.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 39
  • image0000001.jpg
    image0000001.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

weedemart

day 43

chopped everything. Was not motivated to continue with only 1 female. But overall for the first spot test on this batch of seeds , I'm very positive on the outcome. The plant were intentionally underfed and they still showed high performance growth except for 1/5.So looks like the genetics vigor is preserved.

I noticed high ph behavor with this nutrients recipe tho , so I will probly cut back on nitrate and add some ammonium next time to balance in the mid range but overall I'm convinced that I got close to the ideal ratio of NPK/micro now and things are lookings incredibly good for the next test. It's so light but everything is so dialed in that plants have sufficent foods to thrive.

Last edited:

weedemart

no because what interests me is to see the genetic variations and to select my best female for the rest of my project, except I was unlucky, I had 2 females out of 5 but 1 out of 2 was not desirable. I decided to just start from scratch but with more individuals. This time I'll start with 21 and will end( finger crossed) with 8 female.

It's a drain to waste system, I have a floraflex main which serves 8 pipes. The tank serves as a reserve and I control the drainage around 5-10% of the watered volume so there is recirculation but very little volume and I can change that with a tray on top of the rez. At the start of the cycle I water by hand.

Terpyterps

Okay. Makes sense then. I’m also running tiny pheno hunt next, at the moment still preparing for it. That’s also one of the weirdest system to grow in, no criticism or anything like that just stating. Weed growers are funny bunch because we do weird stuff that other growers would not bother with. Cool to see how it goes!

weedemart

Okay. Makes sense then. I’m also running tiny pheno hunt next, at the moment still preparing for it. That’s also one of the weirdest system to grow in, no criticism or anything like that just stating. Weed growers are funny bunch because we do weird stuff that other growers would not bother with. Cool to see how it goes!

I like it efficient and simple. I did a new layout in my grow tent I will take some picture later.

weedemart

nah this is the best method for this space. I already did all the math.

it cost me 10$ of nutrients per year for 6 grow.

Unfornately I can't save more and I already use microbes at some point in my grow.Water cost nothing here.

weedemart

New layout. New carbon filter. Better air extraction and overall environment. Day 3 of germination. They will probly pop thursday or wednesday. Will prepare EWC tea this week and innoculate all the seedlings and probly transplant later ,next week. I will keep 14 of the 22 seeds, then hopefully I'll end up with 6-8 female in good shape. My goal is to look a the different pheno and get some clone of each to select my keeper after the smoke test.

IMG_20240225_1717496811.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts