What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Polystyrene Dream

SuperLarry

pretty good for minimal attention and exploding bulbs my brother. looks like you have that elephant ear on the side, i love that plant - grows so fast just loves to be watered like its a swamp.

You are living the dream man. I wish I was you badly! I love your plants and want to see that much beauty in person so much!

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does the polystyrene by itself block light out or do you take additional measures and if so, what? I'm thinking about rebuilding my veg tent into a veg shack w/ pt 2x4s and removable styro sheets.

((edit))
I added the poly sheets to my rebuilt veg chamber and they don't block light for ish...... so I just stapled up some b/w poly to the p/t wood frame and voila!

Last edited:
G

spent pretty much all day reading your other grows and now this one. Takes awhile to find a real grower around here.

Well done brother, well done.

pico

Veteran
Thanks for all the comments guys and gals. Sorry I have been slacking.

Humble1- The polystyrene does not block out all light by itself. I line the inside of the room with black/white poly anyways to reflect the light back on the plants......I just read your edit, looks like you answered your own question....

Ok here are some long past due updates. I think these were week 6 or so shots. Something like that.

These next two bud shots are of the pablo skunk. That was my favorite strain this time around. Grew well, no too many fan leaves, best yield, resistant to bugs, and easiest to trim. No shitty lower buds. Next round will be mostly pablo.

I finally got my ballasts hung outside of the room. Used some sort of framing hanger.

Here are some shots of some of the stuff dried and ready to be cut off the stems. I used 100 hangers this round.

I will post next round right in here as well. I am about to transplant some clones today and veg them out.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Hey pico. Great grow man!!! I wish I had as much space as you. Looks like you are growing in several different mediums on your tables. What is your favorite?

pico

Veteran
I like them all for different reasons. The organic soil bed didn't yield as well as the other stuff, but it smells much better. Taste might be better too but I haven't smoked much of this stuff yet. The coco pots with ebb and flow works great. Grows fast, big buds, easy to maintain and setup. The coco beds are even easier than the coco pots, but I don't think stuff grows as fast. Seems like the bed doesn't dry out as fast as it should so it doesn't get watered as often. I think next time I will put less coco in the bed to reduce that problem.

If I had to pick one out of these three, it would be the coco pots with ebb and flow. House and Garden nutrients.

pico said:
If I had to pick one out of these three, it would be the coco pots with ebb and flow. House and Garden nutrients.

how often do you flood? once a day? i use hydroton balls but i'm thinking about making the switch to coco.

also, what were your yields this run?

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
glad to see you in the diary area. keeps me from having to go to the hydro sec all the time haha. i think i will go coco ebb and flo for my main instead of a bucket system. forget the chiller and root rot issues and rock out the simple way. you really seem to like the H&G nute i see. having tried other nutes, that is what you recommend as best the best brand? your opinion would help my decision in the future> thanks
Sir

RamCTD1027

Pico-

Do you have any problems with pH rising while recirculating with coco? I see a lot of people saying they have pH rising problems when recirculating coco and say its best to go run to waste. Thanks.

pico

Veteran
RamCTD-No pH problems at all with House and Garden Aqua Flakes. I stopped ever checking/changing the pH because I just don't need to.

Mr Celsius- I veg until the plants are a certain height/width for the space they are in. Different depending on strains, plants per light, size of light, using co2 or not......Depends on a lot of different things. Basically I just veg out until I think they are big enough to stretch out and have a full canopy after the first couple weeks of veg.

MikeCar- I flood my tables once a day during early flower and twice a day during late flower. When I get my CO2 turned on this round I might have to go 3 times per day.

Sirsmokesalot- I really like the House and Garden Aqua flakes for recirculating coco setups. It just works and I don't have to think about it. For a more hydro style setup I have used GH 3 part on Lucas Formula or Floranova with the same good results and no need to adjust pH. I can recommend any of those.

Digital Hippy- Man, it made for pretty darn good 420. Really can't complain with all those tasty flavors around. It was also a busy 420 because I had plenty of work to get done in the grow room.

Bacchus, Brain, Freez. Thanks for the kind words.

Latest posts

Latest posts