What's new

Polls Suggest California Is Poised To Legalize Marijuana In 2014

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
California Cannabis Hemp Act of 2014

AN ACT TO AMEND THE HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE OF CALIFORNIA:

I. Add Section 11362.4 to the Health and Safety Code of California, such laws and policies shall control any contrary laws and policies:

“No person, individual, or corporate entity shall be arrested or prosecuted, be denied any right or privilege, nor be subject to any criminal or civil penalties for the possession, cultivation, transportation, distribution, or consumption of cannabis hemp marijuana, as provided in this act.”

That doesn't sound like big government control to me. Any adult 21 or older will be allowed to grow up to 99 plants and possess up to 12 pounds. I don't think there should be any limits, but 99 plants / 12 pounds sounds like a big improvement over the current laws.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran

I. Add Section 11362.4 to the Health and Safety Code of California, such laws and policies shall control any contrary laws and policies:

“No person, individual, or corporate entity shall be arrested or prosecuted, be denied any right or privilege, nor be subject to any criminal or civil penalties for the possession, cultivation, transportation, distribution, or consumption of cannabis hemp marijuana, as provided in this act.”

That doesn't sound like big government control to me. Any adult 21 or older will be allowed to grow up to 99 plants and possess up to 12 pounds. I don't think there should be any limits, but 99 plants / 12 pounds sounds like a big improvement over the current laws.

I think all three of us agree, and it looks like sigs will be gathered and this will pass.

Much better than 2010 prop 19. Now let the feds deal with 12lbs per person.

Why are all those people in cages again?????

:joint:

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Polls Suggest California Is Poised To Legalize Marijuana In 2014
The Huffington Post | By Lydia O'Connor Posted: 12/11/2013 10:25 am EST | Updated: 12/11/2013 3:52 pm

For the first time, a majority of Californians support pot legalization, a Field Poll released Tuesday reports.
The survey confirms the Public Polling Institute of California's findings in September with an even greater percentage voicing support for new legislation.

"For the first time since 1969 when The Field Poll began tracking Californians' attitudes toward marijuana laws, a clear majority (55 percent) favors its legalization," the surveyors said. "This subdivides between 8 percent who believe it should be legalized so it can be purchased by anyone and 47 percent who support legalizing it with age and other controls like those for alcohol."

The Field Poll's findings are based on a survey of 1,002 registered California voters conducted between November 14 and December 5.

As poll results continue to show a movement toward legalizing marijuana, experts say the conversation should shift, too.

"Debating about whether to legalize now is pointless, because we're going to," Mark A.R. Kleiman, a University of California, Los Angeles professor and drug policy expert, told Inside Bay Area. "The smart debate is about how we'll do it."

Support for legalization has only escalated in California, suggesting to surveyors that the state is destined for change marijuana policy.

"It just seems like an inevitable trend towards the liberalization of the laws," Field Poll Director Mark DiCamillo said, noting that people now distinguish between cannabis and other drugs.

Voters may get the chance to put their opinion on the ballot soon. California Cannabis Hemp Initiative 2014 is now gathering the 500,000 needed signatures to qualify a statewide legalization initiative for next year's election.

The measure's success, however, will depend largely on voter turnout, as polled subgroups remained divided.

"There are big differences in voter preferences toward the proposed initiative across subgroups of the registered voter population," the surveyors noted. The strongest levels of support for the proposed initiative come from voters registered as Democrats or no party preference, liberals, voters under age 50, singles, white non-Hispanics, voters living in the state's coastal counties and especially those living in the San Francisco Bay Area, and college graduates.

The four major voting blocks with a majority opposing legalization are Republicans, conservatives, Latinos and voters with no more than a high school education. Seniors age 65 and older and voters in inland counties remain almost evenly divided.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/10/marijuana-legalization-california_n_4421602.html
It's on the ballot to legalize here in Arizona in 2014. I think it's slightly favored to pass. If not then a much stronger "failsafe" ballot initiative is set for 2016.

kesaber

Anyone know of any articles or trackers letting us know the status of this petition? I'm curious how many signatures we have and if it has a potential to pass.

And I agree, this is NOT government taking over!

Bongstar420

marijuana is already legal in CA!!!! The WAR is OVER!!!!
its called
PROP 215

Wake UP people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its already taxed and controlled.

Do we really need more of the 1% to profit from it after throwing us in JAIL for DECADES!!!!!

Fuck the 1% who want to tax and control a PLANT!

do they tax your prozac, methadone or tomatoes?

SAY NO to taxation and regulation

Are you saying Mexican weed is better than California's dispensaries (which are more regulated)? I wouldnt buy Mex for multiple reasons, most of which are related to a lack of regulations.

Latest posts

Latest posts