What's new

Poll: When to harvest?

Poll: When to harvest?

• Take A down in a week, and B a few days later.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Take B down in a week, and A a few days later.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take A and B down in a week.

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
We all know the rules with clear, cloudy and amber trics
But my eyes are not that good anymore,
so I depend on my cam.
What do I see. And what do you see.
Which one would you harvest first?

Strain is Gorilla Haze.
They are slightly different phenos! grown under the same circumstances.
They have been under 12/12 for 8 weeks + 1 day.
Breeder say harvest after 8-9 weeks.

Should I take A down first, or B, or should I take them together.

A few pics:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

P

Easy7

Veteran
Ripe!

When over ripe so you don't smoke it all up. Work bud is illegal to consume and drive. It gives a bad image to the smoker.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I would chop both immediately. A looks past what I prefer, and B looks to be about right.

In the future, see what you can do about getting a usb microscope you can hook to a computer. They go up to 400x on even the inexpensive ones. It sure makes this a lot easier. :)

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Judging from the last set of pictures in post #2,, I say they both look about ready...

Chop both of them down no more than a week from now...

Good luck man, they both look tasty!

insomniac_AU

They are slightly different phenos!
Hi Paddi
In my humble opinion the maturity level looks similar. Perhaps one pheno just has slightly less dense buds?

Generally I tend to err towards the longer of the breeder's recommendations. I'd probably let them go 63 days.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They look really similar with A being slightly ahead of B as far as I can tell.
A looks to be about 30% amber while B looks to be in the range of 20-25% amber.

Cut a bud off of each, fast dry and try them.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see a little amber in A, but it may only because you touched the bud. Trichs will turn amber after they've been touched with your fingers.

It looks like you have good resolution on your camera. You can get good lens attachments to turn almost anything into a Macro lens. This one is $42, but I've seen them for $20.
https://www.amazon.ca/Focus-Macro-E...ocphy=9000650&hvtargid=pla-404289818870&psc=1

I say chop now and learned something from this post I never knew that about trichs turning amber after been touched we live and learn :tiphat:

therevverend

Veteran
No new white hairs, caylxes swollen and coated in resin that's close to maturity, I'd hack any A time. I'm an outdoor grower in a humid region, when I see buds like this I'm a happy man sometimes I've got to take 'em down sooner because of rain.

However you're an indoor grower and have experience with this strain, if you like it more mature and into pushing up against senescence you can wait a few more days.

B is 2 or 3 days behind A. A lot of people would harvest it now but looking really close and taking my time, there's still a few caylxes that aren't completely swollen, a white hair or two. You could easily let it go a few more days, probably a week. It's looking great nice work.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Your gear looks ready to chop, has the smell changed the last
few days, no new growth seen, I say chop.

Plants I have flowered without a breeder's guidelines get chopped
based on time, and changes in uptake, smell and color of glands.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I think A is over cooked. Anything that dead contains food it's not using. Chop just before lights on, and dry slowly.

B looks alright. Get it down quick.

I don't look any closer than the hairs. They give a good indication of how palatable I will find the weed. If I wait for peak potency, I don't enjoy the taste.

Looking for the specific appearance that most talk of, is a fallacy. Not all plants show the same, so a blanket view on the subject is inaccurate.

When 60-70% of the hairs turn, it's only going to taste worse going forward. Maybe I could wait for some more potency, but I would rather have to smoke more nice tasting weed, than less of a worse tasting one. I don't even want to smoke the worse tasting one. I'm not getting the best weight I could, or the best stone, but getting it out while it tastes nice is more important to me. Though don't presume I fall short of the 1g per kwh target, or have weak weed. It's legendary.

Don't let your eyesight and cloudy stories get in your way. Just watch the hairs as an indication of finishing times. If you over feed disastrously they will wither prematurely, but with a thinner, darker, less fluffy appearance. That will also make your weed taste bad, but you may still have a chance if the top 30% is predominantly white. Allowing you to keep growing decent material.

soil margin

Veteran
Yeah I like to spread out the harvesting as much as possible. Get as much variety of cannabinoids as possible. Nice pics btw.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
It looks like you have good resolution on your camera.
The cam is a 8-9 years old Canon PowerShot SX200 IS.
With a tripod and lots of patience the pics can be really good.
The difficult thing is the light!

I took a few pics just before taking the girls down.

A:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

P :smoke:

Latest posts

Latest posts