What's new

Police? Or Ripper?

This is an odd situation I'm in.

Preface:
I've been working on a grow outdoors with a few people, I trust them a lot. But one of them who used to live with me got kicked out and threatened to call the DEA. But he never did, and I never heard from him since. I still talk to his girlfriend though behind his back since me and her are good friends.

Anyways, I've been out of town for the past week on a job. My grow is about 40 plants off n the woods a bit off my property. I have had my friend go back and check on the grow. He checked it last wendsday, and it was all good. Our biggest plant was about 7 feet tall, nice cola bud forming. 2 next to it about 5 feet tall, no big cola buds forming, but they were growing nicely. A few super cali haze also in the area which were about a foot and half each with nice cola buds forming. And also a bunch of mids plants. I had a thread up on another account that I request be deleted for security issues so some of you may have seen it.

Anyways. My friend had checked on the plants last wednesday, all was good. I know he wouldn't take them because he invested a lot of money into this and the stuff that went missing was only around $300 of fertilizer sprayed bud that would have developed into 6 oz+ or so easily.

I got back yesterday, and went out there, and in the first area I'm looking around, a few plants look like an animal ate the top off. The stem was brown like someone/something cut it. A few buds were still on the plant. Out of 10 plants in the first area, 3 had had something cut off the main cola. I noticed they were shorter.

I went to the area up hill with the bigger plants, and I noticed the plant that was 6 foot, is now only 4 feet. Someone cut the main part of the cola off, that hadn't even come close to finishing. I believe it was a thai haze, or some solid sativa.

The 2 next to it that were 4-5 feet tall, were missing. Upon closer inspection, I noticed they had been ripped up and smashed into the ground. Gf at least 6-7 ounces. One of the smaller ones someone paid us to take care of also got torn apart and peices cut off it. it lost a good few grams and has no growing potential now.

I investigated further and in the next area in the dense forest I had 2 Unknown Indica-Sativa hybrids bushy and 3 feet tall, next to 2 small super cali haze autoflowers that were about a foot tall, with bud all up and down the stem.

The 2 super cali haze were gone.

So, someone ruined our crop and selectively stole the branches/stems with the most dense bud.

At first, I get paranoid, call my friends. We at first think it was police. But the more I think about it, I doubt it. To get to the area they would have to trespass. several properties at once. I have security cameras set up in front of my house and they sure as hell didn't come in my driveway.

So, i'm thinking, if it were police, they would have had to helicopter down. Thing is, there's no boot tracks anywhere. as someone would have roping down from a helicopter into muddy ground. Thing is, why would police only take a certain amount, and the most dense buds out of all the plants.

In my mind, someone came at night with a book bag, and got what they could carry. This kid who I kicked out of my house for several bull shit things, hated me, and would very easily do this. I also found out by talking to his girlfriend, that he is SICK!

Is that odd to you guys? A few days after buds getting ripped, buds that had been sprayed with fertilizer a week prior, one of the suspects got sick? He is easily in walking distance of my house and the paths to get to the crop.

I'm more worried about police. This kid could continually come back at night and take more and more. Police, could have set cameras up, which if thats the case, they already saw me. But I think the evidence points to this kid coming at night and taking what he can take.

What do you guys think? This kid is going to get his ass beat because he cost several investors into this project thousand+ dollars that we wont get back now, and he ruined several of our main yielding plants.

My other theory is that cops did helicopter down somehow when I was out of town, broke a few plants, but left some to catch me when I come back. But somehow I doubt this because why would cops selectively cut the most dense buds out of 40 sum plants? The area, the way the forest is set up, they would have to have roped down from the helicopter into a 8footx8foot area. I can tell no one landed in the surrounding brush because it is way too dense and I would have noticed if someone tromped around in it. It's filled with briars, and ticks and other shit and is about 4feet high.

I live in north carolina, and usually only crops messed with are 6000+ plant ones. Would police even mess with 39 or so plants in the middle of the forest, with the entire crop probably yielding no more than a pound at finish. IF that. Now it will barley yield 2 ounces, IF that and I don't even think it's worth the risk of tending to them anymore.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
Okay so your grow gang is going to catch this kid and beat the shit out of him, huh?

nappybutbald

Man no police is going to leave you with a half plants, its all or none till they have you too. Rule number one NO BODY KNOWS ABOUT YOUR GROW BUT YOU!!! Oh well hope you can havest the rest and next year new location you think?

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
39 nine plants and yielding only a pound ? And in a 8x8 area. LMAO !!! You are seriously fucking up a few places son.

Sounds like your buddy did it to me, why, cause you already know he did it ;)
Second ditch the friends completely next year. All of them, do it your own self.
Third, stick around ICM some more. After a few weeks of reading, taking notes, you will have learned enough to hopefully grow one single plant that will give you a pound. Possibly 2 or 3 (plants or pounds), 39 is WAY to much work for such a little yield. And a few are easy managed my just one guy :tiphat:

39 nine plants and yielding only a pound ? And in a 8x8 area. LMAO !!! You are seriously fucking up a few places son.

Second ditch the friends completely next year. All of them, do it your own self.
Third, stick around ICM some more. After a few weeks of reading, taking notes, you will have learned enough to hopefully grow one single plant that will give you a pound. Possibly 2 or 3 (plants or pounds), 39 is WAY to much work for such a little yield. And a few are easy managed my just one guy :tiphat:

Noooo lmao.

the 8x8 area had 5 plants in it. All of which were 5+ feet.

I had multiple areas, but that 8x8 area was the only one capeable of being landed in. The others were rather shady.

I have been in the grow scene for well over 3 years now. The big plant would have yielded atleast 6 ounces on it's own. About 30 of the other plants were in rather shady areas and I wasn't expecting more than an ounce from each one. They were all mids seeds so I didn't put much effort into them.

I trust my buddies, the ones who i'm friends with. The other kid was a bipolar schizo, shoulda never trusted him to begin with. My current friends, I know wouldn't rip me off, we have been working together for years moving pounds and we don't trust anyone else in our lives more than eachother. And don't get me wrong, I know mishaps can happen with trust, but I have known these guys for a long time and we have had multiple successful group grows in the past. There is never any greed with the money.

Okay so your grow gang is going to catch this kid and beat the shit out of him, huh?

Probably not, but the people who are higher than us aren't going to let it slide. It's out of my hands really. Kid already tried to fuck up my life on several levels.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
This is an odd situation I'm in.

Preface:
I've been working on a grow outdoors with a few people, I trust them a lot. But one of them who used to live with me got kicked out and threatened to call the DEA. But he never did, and I never heard from him since. I still talk to his girlfriend though behind his back since me and her are good friends.

I hope it's like you think. Wouldn't be a bad way for him to keep tabs on you (and your grow, maybe?) Be safe.

Bear's right, alone is the way to grow.

:laughing: at that yea sounds like you have way to many hands in the cookie jar bro also sounds like ya know who ripped ya damm sure dont sound like cops.

:laughing: at that yea sounds like you have way to many hands in the cookie jar bro also sounds like ya know who ripped ya damm sure dont sound like cops.

Yah I was just seein what ICMAG thought about the damage that was done. I suspected it coulda been a cop trying to lure us back to the crop to catch us.

Only 4 people know where the crop is, 1 of which I suspect, the other 2 are very very trusted.

Slangheat

This morning I knew of 4 different gardens that were hit by rippers since Monday of this week.

By 5pm today it was 6 different gardens, one was hit twice today alone, so 7 different rips in one small town in less than a week.

All the growers know each other, make no effort to hide what they do/who they are to others...

It's a situation you're going to find yourself in time and time again unless you take the advice from Brother Bear...

My only solution to stopping rippers has been 24/7 human presence from mid august till end of Oct when everything is out and off property in a safe place... and that's with what most would consider a personal sized grow...

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
You're not even growing enough to support a network of partners and higher ups... barely enough personal smoke for a few months for that many people...

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Most efficient method:

Get a trail cam and post the video/still images of the ripper(s) on YouTube.

Make them famous.

They will make many friends. The kinda friends they do NOT want to have.
;)

P

powerrobbie

Dude thinking is was the police is ridiculous, the cops take EVERYTHING even fucking root balls with them there not just gonna take the best colas haha.

Share you crop, not your plot

Partners will fail you time and time again

Again, I have said, I trust these guys very much. We have fronted eachother thousands of dollars at a time with no ill intentions involved. Money always payed back. We've worked together and known eachother for years. I know it doesn't make it foolproof, but I trust them. Besides, they wouldn't take $400 in bud when we front eachother thousands all the time.

Dude thinking is was the police is ridiculous, the cops take EVERYTHING even fucking root balls with them there not just gonna take the best colas haha.

I don't know police tactics. personally, if I was a cop. I can look at a grow and know how many people are involved. They can destroy some plants, causing all the members involved to come out and investigate it. If there was a camera they would all be caught. It can very easily be done by a cop and it makes sense if they want to catch growers.

You're not even growing enough to support a network of partners and higher ups... barely enough personal smoke for a few months for that many people...

I don't have a cartel bro. I have people I do business with. My friends involved are close close friends and we have done successful grows before in much larger amounts than this. None of them would waste effort stealing $400 worth of bud when they each easily put in over $500 for supplies. The higher ups were the people we pre-arranged the sale to and a place we could dry the bud. They didn't loose any money but they were planing around this grow and they're pissed. These people are a bit loco

Again, we're not a cartel. Stop thinking of it like that because that's what you seem to be percieving it as. We're a small group of friends working together for mutual interest. Anyone involved in the actual growing process was very very well trusted. You just can't really know someone is gonna go absolutely fucking insane until they do.

Most efficient method:

Get a trail cam and post the video/still images of the ripper(s) on YouTube.

Make them famous.

They will make many friends. The kinda friends they do NOT want to have.
;)
If I was a ripper, which I would never do such a thing because I am 100% against theft, part of my religion.... if I was a ripper I would be smart enough to wear a mask when I go out at night.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
Please tell me one thing I can't wrap my mind around.

Why exactly does it take more than one person to grow some weed?