What's new

Police come to my house to serve me a court order

as long as the car's in your name you will be liable for any parking tickets, impound fees, etc. Suppose she got picked up for dui and they impounded your car. She would probably not tell you and no one else would either until you got a hefty bill for storage fees! I would contact the dmv and get it out of your name pronto!

B

BrnCow

Would givin it to her buy you any real brownie points? If you do, get a receipt for it from her...let your lawyer do the deal...of course many divorce lawyers want to do the ex also...

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Round 2

Round 2

When the police come over I have other worries usually. Nobody is perfect. I have things in my house that aren't legal any place, but nothing large scale.some of my artwork is illegal for instance.

Does the Ex know about this?:hotbounce

..... if so, I'd start playing nice, 'specially if she loves the coke more than she loves YOU.

'Hell hath no fury' 'n all that goes alone with it!:joint:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Yeah dude. This was just the first shot. You ain't done with this one. I'm not to sharp when it comes to figuring out the ladies.... But coke whores? They will fuck you, then really really fuck you. Goodluck

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
wenn-help-kerry-katona__oPt.jpg

SecondAttempt

Make sure you get a lawyer for the court date if you haven't had it yet. I went through something similar, didn't think I needed a lawyer and boy oh boy did I get fucked (not the good way). HUGE mistake... got an injunction issued against me, did 26 weeks "batterers intervention" which was billed on a sliding scale. I paid the $30 a week because I had a job vs. Bubba who was in the program for the third time for $0 because he's unemployed and he's proud to tell you about beating his wife. Lost my second ammendment right which is bullshit because it was civil no criminal. I was never charged with anything I was not offered council. Cops told me all protocol, real common, no big deal when they served me, I was young and naive. That was ten years ago, I still get asked about it when I get pulled over... 1500 miles away. I don't have the time or money to fix it, when I last spoke to an attorney they said "if only you had called me before the court date I would never have let this happen to you."

SO YEAH... GET A LAWYER.