What's new

Police Arrest Man in Marijuana Garden Shooting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
If somebody breaks in my house..with my wife and family..at night..There is a very good chance they could lose their life..I really dont care what other people think about it.They dont break in my house they wont have to worry about it.Tell you what...I promise I wont use a gun.

dusto2k3

If somebody breaks in my house..with my wife and family..at night..There is a very good chance they could lose their life..I really dont care what other people think about it.They dont break in my house they wont have to worry about it.Tell you what...I promise I wont use a gun.

Thats why I sleep with my firearm at reaching distance.

We could try Dusto and TruthorLie's advice. I guess we could try and love them into not being thieving scum. We could just hug them till they stop wanting to steal from others. I wanna move to the land of Rainbows and Lollipops where you guys live 'cause where I live the guy would take your plants would just as likely take yours/your families life. Sorry, but I'm not willing to take that risk.... but you go right ahead.

dusto2k3

We could try Dusto and TruthorLie's advice. I guess we could try and love them into not being thieving scum. We could just hug them till they stop wanting to steal from others. I wanna move to the land of Rainbows and Lollipops where you guys live 'cause where I live the guy would take your plants would just as likely take yours/your families life. Sorry, but I'm not willing to take that risk.... but you go right ahead.

Yeah right!!! Kidding me? You're tellin me the guy who jumped a fence to steal a flower would just as likely, break into your home and assualt people. Those are two totally different crimes. If someone steals, it makes them a murderer. Where's your logic?

The only sane answer is to legalize. Legalization will drop prices so dramatically that it won't be profitable (or sane) to attack MMJ patients to steal their medicine.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
so dusto2k3 your ex military and a gun owner....yet you dont advocate using force to defend your property?

doesnt really make sense...i know a couple ex USMC who saw some crazy shit in fallujah, etc. none of them went soft because they had to kill someone...they might drink themselves retarded but honestly some of them seemed proud about what they did....."shot that hadji the fuck up!"

now im not saying that i would be PROUD about shooting someone who stole from me....but i still do not see eye to eye with your soft policy on rippers...

have you been ripped off before? has your life ever been threatened.....are you a frequent user of MDMA?

i just dont understand these loving and laughable outlooks towards THIEVING SCUM.....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
The only sane answer is to legalize. Legalization will drop prices so dramatically that it won't be profitable (or sane) to attack MMJ patients to steal their medicine.

pipe dream.....even if marijuana is only a dollar a gram trust me there will be mother fuckers who still wanna steal it.....didnt you see the post from the farmer who says people steal his crops all the time....

maybe njot shoot them outright...but place some shots in their direction so they can hear that CRACK and hopefully they wont be back...

so lets clarify real quick

- INTRUDER INSIDE YOUR HOUSE = SHOOT TO KILL

- INTRUDER STEALING YOUR CROPS = SHOOT TO SCARE

everyone happy now? all those thieves will have a chance to become upstanding members of society and have the chance to raise more anchor/welfare baby leeches who will continue their parents tradition of thievery because they werent raised right....

dusto2k3

so dusto2k3 your ex military and a gun owner....yet you dont advocate using force to defend your property?

doesnt really make sense...i know a couple ex USMC who saw some crazy shit in fallujah, etc. none of them went soft because they had to kill someone...they might drink themselves retarded but honestly some of them seemed proud about what they did....."shot that hadji the fuck up!"

now im not saying that i would be PROUD about shooting someone who stole from me....but i still do not see eye to eye with your soft policy on rippers...

have you been ripped off before? has your life ever been threatened.....are you a frequent user of MDMA?

i just dont understand these loving and laughable outlooks towards THIEVING SCUM.....

My house I'd defend, my property is another. I've been ripped oof. Not my weed, but personal stuff, well, actually weed too. My vehicle was stolen at gunpoint and stolen while I slept. First example, not my fault, second example was my fault. Never used MDMA, not sure how that comes into play here.

I laugh at people who leave themselves prone to theft. GET SMART! Look, people set themselves up for this. Kinda like a woman going on a jog by herself at night...WTF...get smart!! Lock your shit up. Use civil methods, most importantly FOLLOW THE LAW. This news story will be smeared all over just in time for voting. This is the publicity they want. Sure, go ahead and shoot a ripper. Then you will be the poster child of why pot should be banned. But then it's just as easy to say the ban is causing this crap. so who knows.

EDIT: Read you last post.

Thats good way to put it man. I'd shoot someone inside my house quick.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea i do agree that taking precautions will help with things...but many people are too lazy, broke, or stupid to take simple things. my windows are barred, my front door double padlocked, my backdoor quadruple locked.....a camera system is coming soon....so the chances of someone even breaking into my house for me to shoot them is slim.

and on the gun forums i frequent sometimes...there is also a general attitude of NOT shooting a ripper to avoid legal hassle. you only shoot if the guy is facing towards you, bearing down on you, and continueing to advance after a verbal warning.

i never said anything condoning shooting someone in the back while running away...my first post in this thread made clear of that..

however heres an interesting what if scenario

you come home....everything seems normal your front door is still locked. you walk inside and hear noises coming from your growroom. apparently a guy broke in through a back room and is now chopping your plants down. you grab the piece and advance on the room.....he turns around and is starled but does not comply with orders to get down and wait for police.....what do you do?

dusto2k3

yea i do agree that taking precautions will help with things...but many people are too lazy, broke, or stupid to take simple things. my windows are barred, my front door double padlocked, my backdoor quadruple locked.....a camera system is coming soon....so the chances of someone even breaking into my house for me to shoot them is slim.

and on the gun forums i frequent sometimes...there is also a general attitude of NOT shooting a ripper to avoid legal hassle. you only shoot if the guy is facing towards you, bearing down on you, and continueing to advance after a verbal warning.

i never said anything condoning shooting someone in the back while running away...my first post in this thread made clear of that..

however heres an interesting what if scenario

you come home....everything seems normal your front door is still locked. you walk inside and hear noises coming from your growroom. apparently a guy broke in through a back room and is now chopping your plants down. you grab the piece and advance on the room.....he turns around and is starled but does not comply with orders to get down and wait for police.....what do you do?

See here's the thing. My first thought is to shoot him in the knee, he'll lay down after that. But here's the thing. You shoot someone and don't kill 'em, they might come back after you, not your plants. Fuck, then you could kill him, and hopefully your OK as far as LEO and grow and it's easy to say your life was in danger, he'll have a weapon by the time police get there.

I'd have to say comply or be shot. It would be a situational thing on where to shoot.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea shooting to wound is the worst idea...he can come back to testify in court and straight lie. or he can come back and swiss cheese the house...

my thought is...if he runs away..i maybe fire a warning shot or yell NEXT TIME IM SHOOTING....after looking down the barrel of a gun he most def wont be back to that house...

if he makes any aggressive moves and doesnt stay put i will probably have to shoot to kill.

there was a series on south african violence called shoot the kill...its about a growing attitude towards criminals that civilians and police should be able to shoot violent criminals.

we may be criminals because we grow and sell marijuana...but we are mostly non violent and not hurting people so the comparisons about shooting a kid stealing candy or having police shoot us is unwarranted

Last edited:

Herbalista

"If it was legal?" Money is legal and people get robbed and murdered for it all the time; any one heard of Ken Gorman? Cannabis activist murdered in his home during a robbery invasion{was robbed multiple times before that}. There is a difference between enthusiastic wannabe scum,and pro or semi pro scum. It is kind of "iffy" killing some one who may not be threatening you.... what else is there to say? Watch out for thieves and robbers.....Do you give it up or fight back? Depends on the situation?...... I say "Peace be unto you..." ...if you're lucky?

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran

I'm with you all the way Phedro....

Anyone who hasn't gone through a home invasion isn't really sure what they'd do, trust me. Let it happen to you. Rippers are coming into your home armed, you gonna risk that they aren't shaking like leaf with their fingers on those triggers? You gonna risk having a physical altercation out of shear reflex without a firearm and get you and your whole family killed. Once one person gets shot and killed, it's often followed by the other people in the house being shot and killed....which is usually the wife or girlfriend because she saw it all and screamed. If you have kids...well, they'd be fucked without their parents if the sick bastards let them live.

Don't give too much credit to lazy street trash that can't grow their own. They're coming into your house prepared to blow your fucking head off should something go wrong for them. Wise up.

Japanfreakier

Veteran

This isn't a story about home invasion though, it's a story about rippers who were already trying to run away and the nut-job shot him in the head.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
They're coming into your house prepared to blow your fucking head off should something go wrong for them. Wise up.

Can I have some popcorn with my horror movie?

The reality, these rippers were running away and they are the ones who were shot in the head. Most of the world survives happily everyday without guns, only ones with them seem to thank their survival on them, the rest of us aren't that scared.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
"The Fresno County coroner says a 40-year-old man who was allegedly shot last week by the owner of a backyard medical marijuana garden has died.

Caruthers resident Stanley Wallace died Friday, two days after 47-year-old Phayvahn Dydouangphan fired a shotgun at five people he thought were stealing marijuana from the plot.

Police Chief Jerry Dyer says Wallace was shot in the head while he was in a pickup truck fleeing the scene."

The sad thing is that whenever there is a story about a grower, the on-line community treats them like one of our own and supports them. Something tells me that if a cop had done the same thing, shoot a person in the back when they were fleeing, not one of us would give them any support or kind words.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran

The reality, these rippers were running away and they are the ones who were shot in the head. Most of the world survives happily everyday without guns, only ones with them seem to thank their survival on them, the rest of us aren't that scared.

Well the shit has happened to people in my life, so yeah....grab your popcorn from the safe seats folks. Lol....rest of ya aren't scared because you have nothing to be scared of. I do believe my response was to Mr. Phedros in regard to his point on the topic of discussion....which has ranged from the beginning of the thread.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Discussions about guns and home invasions doesn't have anything to do with this site, sorry to think that you were talking about the topic of the thread, my bad.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Question to those living in medical states. Why is it I keep seeing all these news stories about people growing shit loads of weed in sight of the street with nothing but a fence? Aren't there some laws about that? Can you imagine living next to a drug store with nothing but a fence? Seems like it's inviting trouble.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran

well most of the world doesnt live in high crime areas filled with rippers...and i wouldnt downplay miss blunted experiance as a "horror movie"......i have heard several stories of home invasions and they are some of the scariest things you can go through...

yea family A could live in peace with or without a gun for years and have nothing happen....yet family B down the street has their back door kicked in while a man runs in with a knife and holds everyone hostage while he steals laptops, etc. what if that ripper decided to hit family A instead? this is a true story about my neighbors...i was at home playing call of duty when they were going through the worst evening of their life. fate kept the rippers from breaking into my house...but thats out of your control. its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it....

In japan you really dont need a gun, because its relatively safe. i grew up in japan and walked the streets at 3am with no worry at all, its just like that.

However parts of Fresno are GRIMY. you have various nortenos/surenos gangs, bikers, meth, crack, low income, lots of guns, lots of crime, etc. i for one would not live in fresno without having some kind of home defense weapon.

Question to those living in medical states. Why is it I keep seeing all these news stories about people growing shit loads of weed in sight of the street with nothing but a fence? Aren't there some laws about that? Can you imagine living next to a drug store with nothing but a fence? Seems like it's inviting trouble.

some people are just broke like that and willing to take the risk...my friend tried growing in his backyard with only a fence protecting it...sure enough rippers got his crop one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts