What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PM makes me Sick

Fiet

I growing in Coco and my Plants are Strong for her age! It is sad i came home now and all Plants looking infected with PM is see lot of Spots.

Fan Blowing 24 Hours and it doesn't Help. I have bought Butter-Milk and i have make a mixture of that with little Soap, Propolis 0.5ml/0.5l and a Shot of Butter-Milk.

IMG_20200215_195454.jpg

Fiet

I will buy this https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B0788MYJKS/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

I hope it Helps? Call it Net Sulfur anyone experience with it ore not recommended?

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I growing in Coco and my Plants are Strong.....

Fan Blowing 24 Hours and it doesn't Help.

View attachment 521234

Hey Fiet, I see the fan blowing in the tent but don't see anything set up to exhaust the air in the pic. If that's just an early pics, my bad, otherwise you'll need an exhaust fan to get rid of the stale, moist air that PM loves.:tiphat:

Fiet

Hey Fiet, I see the fan blowing in the tent but don't see anything set up to exhaust the air in the pic. If that's just an early pics, my bad, otherwise you'll need an exhaust fan to get rid of the stale, moist air that PM loves.:tiphat:

My Tent are connected to my other tent that sucks the air from the 2 tent you see in the pics :) so no worry only worry the PM

THC123

Veteran
LOL not much work? It is the only way to combat it without using poison, the cleanlights is a uvc system. Here is the link (if it is not too much work to click trololol) --> https://www.cleanlightdirect.com/en/ I have been using this for 10 years already and haven't used fungicide since and never looked back. This is the english site, but it is a dutch product so shipment in the EU is fast.

I never worry about mildew, even when it pops up in flowering cuz I know the cleanlights will take care of them, just need to shine your plants regularly. (in your case it it really won't take much time but with my greenhouse grows it took 30-60 minutes per day but those were BIG trees.

They even have a unit to filter the air, but I just use the portable hobby unit. But it is also possible to disinfect the incoming air if you want.

Ozon is dangerous to humans plus you gotta figure out the perfect exposure time and PPM and it can damage and kill plants if not used properly.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
You want Green Cure or if you cannot source that, you want potassium bicarbonate. About 4 teaspoons per gallon of water, use as a foliar spray'err down in veg. GreenCure is certified organic for use on tobacco, which is the closet thing you are gonna get to an analog to marijuana. And if I'm remembering correctly, PM is almost everywhere, it needs that humidity swing to really take off though. Low humidity to produce spores and spread, but high humidity for spores to germinate, I think. Keeping the humidity stable is a great first step to fixing it, but potassium bicarbonate should work for as long as you spray it.

THC123

Veteran
Hey Agent Pothead, have you ever tried it? I tried greencure once but it didn't do anything for my PM and it smelled bad.

Fiet

You want Green Cure or if you cannot source that, you want potassium bicarbonate. About 4 teaspoons per gallon of water, use as a foliar spray'err down in veg. GreenCure is certified organic for use on tobacco, which is the closet thing you are gonna get to an analog to marijuana. And if I'm remembering correctly, PM is almost everywhere, it needs that humidity swing to really take off though. Low humidity to produce spores and spread, but high humidity for spores to germinate, I think. Keeping the humidity stable is a great first step to fixing it, but potassium bicarbonate should work for as long as you spray it.

Potassium Biocarbonat i here from that. This Helps in a long term? When i need to Spray it every week i can do also using Milk... Normally i never dealing with PM indoor i Grow for 4 Years with High Humidity etc never see PM but now it is there and stay there :( why is potassium better than Milk?

Fiet

LOL not much work? It is the only way to combat it without using poison, the cleanlights is a uvc system. Here is the link (if it is not too much work to click trololol) --> https://www.cleanlightdirect.com/en/ I have been using this for 10 years already and haven't used fungicide since and never looked back. This is the english site, but it is a dutch product so shipment in the EU is fast.

I never worry about mildew, even when it pops up in flowering cuz I know the cleanlights will take care of them, just need to shine your plants regularly. (in your case it it really won't take much time but with my greenhouse grows it took 30-60 minutes per day but those were BIG trees.

They even have a unit to filter the air, but I just use the portable hobby unit. But it is also possible to disinfect the incoming air if you want.

Ozon is dangerous to humans plus you gotta figure out the perfect exposure time and PPM and it can damage and kill plants if not used properly.

I can't spend so much money! Is that here not enough? https://www.amazon.de/antibakterielle-Sterilisationsrate-integrierte-UV-Entkeimungslampe-britischem/dp/B01C4LM6Q8/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=uv-c+lampe&qid=1581800368&sprefix=Uv-c&sr=8-3

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wouldn't advise harsh chemicals, esp. if smoking plant/bud material later.

Natural remedies:

Baking Soda: Combine one tablespoon baking soda and one-half teaspoon of liquid, non-detergent soap with one gallon of water, and spray the mixture liberally on the plants. Mouthwash. The mouthwash you may use on a daily basis for killing the germs in your mouth can also be effective at killing powdery mildew spores.

Milk
Fresh cow’s milk diluted with water to a 10% solution. Research showed in most cases the 10% milk solution worked as well as the leading synthetic fungicide and as well as sulfur.

Garlic
Yet another kitchen remedy is garlic extracts, which can be made by blending two bulbs (not cloves!) of fresh garlic in a quart of water with a few drops of liquid soap. The liquid should be strained through cheesecloth to remove solids and then refrigerated. That concentrate should be diluted 1:10 with water before spraying.

Oils
Neem oil is labeled for control of powdery mildew, rust, blackspot, botrytis, downy mildew and other diseases. Spraying with 2.5 Tablespoons per gallon of water every 7 to 14 days is recommended.
Mint oil (Fungastop) and rosemary oil (Sporan) are now being marketed as fungicides. Cinnamaldehyde (Cinnamite) also has been effective at controlling powdery mildew.

In the past, milk, garlic and especially baking soda I found to work well, spraying 2-3x a day, under leaves, any plant material.

Once harvested, CLEAN area well, and allow to dry thoroughly.

Fiet

Wouldn't advise harsh chemicals, esp. if smoking plant/bud material later.

Natural remedies:

Baking Soda: Combine one tablespoon baking soda and one-half teaspoon of liquid, non-detergent soap with one gallon of water, and spray the mixture liberally on the plants. Mouthwash. The mouthwash you may use on a daily basis for killing the germs in your mouth can also be effective at killing powdery mildew spores.

Milk
Fresh cow’s milk diluted with water to a 10% solution. Research showed in most cases the 10% milk solution worked as well as the leading synthetic fungicide and as well as sulfur.

Garlic
Yet another kitchen remedy is garlic extracts, which can be made by blending two bulbs (not cloves!) of fresh garlic in a quart of water with a few drops of liquid soap. The liquid should be strained through cheesecloth to remove solids and then refrigerated. That concentrate should be diluted 1:10 with water before spraying.

Oils
Neem oil is labeled for control of powdery mildew, rust, blackspot, botrytis, downy mildew and other diseases. Spraying with 2.5 Tablespoons per gallon of water every 7 to 14 days is recommended.
Mint oil (Fungastop) and rosemary oil (Sporan) are now being marketed as fungicides. Cinnamaldehyde (Cinnamite) also has been effective at controlling powdery mildew.

In the past, milk, garlic and especially baking soda I found to work well, spraying 2-3x a day, under leaves, any plant material.

Once harvested, CLEAN area well, and allow to dry thoroughly.

Thanks

I try Butter-Milk today high ratio of it 50:50

A friend told me thats the best to throw the Mildew plants out of the Tent and destroying them.. It's Hard now because the Genetics are not available anymore and my Plants near the 3 week of Vege. I think it is good deal WITH PM to the End what you think? Is the Mildew fully destroyed when i Spray every week? What is when i take Clones of them are they then also effected with PM?

imakandi

hello
powdery mildew is everywhere waiting for right condition, if you have it you have the right weather condition, is simple

if you dont improve your weather condition, you will have again, im sorry to honesty

for plant in veg, you can use some checmical, is widely use in agriculture, it will kill the PM now, but if not systemic and not keep spray in time, it will return
in flower, you choose if spray... its your body

if you fight 1v1 with powder midlew you will lose most time
its like ninja, if you see it, then you already death
you need weather be hostile to it
more ventilation, and beware bring stuff from outside to tent (like leaf stick to your clothes)
best luck

Fiet

hello
powdery mildew is everywhere waiting for right condition, if you have it you have the right weather condition, is simple

if you dont improve your weather condition, you will have again, im sorry to honesty

for plant in veg, you can use some checmical, is widely use in agriculture, it will kill the PM now, but if not systemic and not keep spray in time, it will return

more ventilation, and beware bring stuff from outside to tent (like leaf stick to your clothes)
best luck

Good to known! So maybe the next month with better weather the PM goes away ore not Gerninating again? Than i dont throw my Plants away so simple... Than i will dealing with it like Ninja xD Cool spoken! In later Flower Milk is great and PH water. It's early in Vege so i can do lot of thinks to live with it.

Fiet

hello

best luck

The weather i can't do anythink... The Fan blowing Air out and the Air inside are come from outside and outside i can't control it! But last year's no problem with it doesn't matter with Humidity i have no PM! But maybe now the weather outside are good for spores and they come inside when i open my windows so i can't do anything. Do you prefer Chemical? I Spray with Milk hope it Helps in a long term.

imakandi

The weather i can't do anythink... The Fan blowing Air out and the Air inside are come from outside and outside i can't control it! But last year's no problem with it doesn't matter with Humidity i have no PM! But maybe now the weather outside are good for spores and they come inside when i open my windows so i can't do anything. Do you prefer Chemical? I Spray with Milk hope it Helps in a long term.

hello friend
need is mother of invention
you are in need, now creativity need most!

think of box to buffer before entering your tent,

if only one entrance of air to the tent, you can use a big box with duct before entrance, that box you can spray and make lots of filter hepa and kill like X-Files movie, but make sure no other entrance of air to tent, otherwise is wasted,

this box can be cardboard and can dry air also,

then all air that get inside tent is clean,

i am little old, some grow with powder mildldew in past
me, just smoke bud that is more clean, do nothing in flower. i prefer burn fungus than burn chemical
the rest, you can isohash,
in here is very poor, no waste :)
luck friend, positive think
sorry for wall write, try my best for understand

tilopa

Like others have said, take care of your environment.

Like others have said, take care of your environment.

I have a important question: Is PM systematic? When a plant show sign are the Plant forever infested with PM ore can i fight the PM to nerver come back? Is this shit in the Plant i only can throw her out because my other Plants are can infected? Maybe all infected i don't know... How is the chance some plants are resistant against Mildew? I don't throw all my Genetics out :(
No, PM in not systemic in the sense that it comes from the system of the plant, from what I've read and in my opinion. It is systemic in a macro system sense, meaning it is all around us in our environment. Just like mold PM is in the air outside, and inside, unless you are filtering your air. It propagates and thrives in the right conditions, such as moist stagnate air. Prevention should be your main line of defense.

What you need:

- A dehumidifier (especially if doing hydro) to make sure your RH is %50 (I prefer %40).
- Proper fanage, to make sure air is moving all through your plants.
- A filter on your intake air (air coming into the room from outside). And one that filters out mold spores.
- A Sulfur burner.

Also:

- You should trim away large fan leaves that are clumped together, especially lower on the plant where no light is getting to anyway. This helps to keep air flowing better.
- If you have bad PM now reset your room. Remove everything and wipe down the walls with white vinegar. Or Paint with mold killing primer.
- Green Cure works well as a preventative foliar spray on area where leaves are dense. Spray early in the light cycle so leaves have a chance to dry fully.
- Watering or spraying should not happen right before you turn out the lights.

PM like pests and everything else is best handles preventatively. If you get behind the curve on fighting PM and pests you're fucked. Make sure you have a controlled and clean environment and you'll save yourself much grief.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Hey Agent Pothead, have you ever tried it? I tried greencure once but it didn't do anything for my PM and it smelled bad.
Yeah I've used greencure multiple years now on outdoor crops. The last year there was a food garden about 250 feet away that had a bad case of powdery mildew, I sprayed it with greencure and saved all the vegetables :woohoo:and just to be safe I sprayed my plants too. It never got through the woods to my plants, but I know it had a positive effect on the tomatoes, zucchini, peas, cucumbers, and I think he had asparagus but that didn't seem to be affected by the PM at all. And another post mentions Baking Soda, which is Sodium BiCarbonate. Potassium BiCarbonate is not exactly the same, but it is super safe to use :) Plus I feel like plants want Potassium more than Sodium, so that's why I prefer this over plain baking soda. And to add to what others are saying about environment, us seeing powdery mildew infestation is the symptom. The cause is the underlying environment issues, so just responding to the current batch of PM will only kill it, and do nothing about the next batch waiting to germinate, it's a bandaid fix. You have to fix the underlying cause, ie environment, before you can truly fix the symptom, the PM we visually see.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I have problem Houston... My Finished Autoflowers become PM infection after 15 days i fight them but the Shit come back but late in flower it is OK little leafs are infested but good to deal with it. The Main Problem are my New plants are now 15 Days old and 1 of them show the white spores i hope the other 5 are OK but today another show a white spot I remove the half leaf.. How high is the chance my other young plants are not infected??? Do i need to throw the plant away with the new Spot ore is a chance the PM don't come back? It's so sad i never thought it is so shitty to fight against it i dont want starting everything new :(

View attachment 521194
UV light also kills PM. There are specific lamps to do that.

https://stoppowderymildew.com/
https://cleanlight.nl/