What's new

PLL Club. (if you don't know, now you know)

Thanks Scrub.

I found these 3x36W 3000k 2900lm http://www.1000bulbs.com/3758/ bulbs locally for 10$ each but I'm currently totalling ~150$ with the ballasts and all. I could buy an LED unit for that kind of money.

edit: found some great electronic 2x36w ballasts for 15$ each. In this case 4x36w would only be 10$ more.
Now I need to choose between investing 80$ in PLL-s or getting a sheet of glass to separate the lights and putting in all the CFLs I have and some some ventilation.

my cab is 23" on top...would it be possible to put 2 or 3 55w bulbs in there? im really trying to maximize my vertical space and those coil CFLs take up a good 6" that i don't want to give up.

P

~pHaNtOm~

my cab is 23" on top...would it be possible to put 2 or 3 55w bulbs in there? im really trying to maximize my vertical space and those coil CFLs take up a good 6" that i don't want to give up.
i was asking the same question here..!? it seems that the 55w pll are less then 23" long and closer to 21" long from what i have found on the net, so you can add 2-3-4
:tiphat:

PaperBoy

Is it just me or is there no 2G11 socket listed on 1000bulbs.com website to run the PLLs they sell ??? I can't seem to find them

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Quick question for PLLheads:

- Can I wire this up with a regular old grounded power cable (aka computer power cable)?

- Do you think I'd be better off running 2x26w or 1x42w or...? (there are two ballasts.)

-Will it run these?

?

-Good idea?

I'm thinking of adding these in the corners of my existing cabinet in the flowering room if I can figure out a way to 'cooltube' them effectively. It'd add a modest 1.2kw/h per day to my tally, but provide floor to ceiling side lighting in addition to the 252w of CFL above.

Thoughts?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
- Can I wire this up with a regular old grounded power cable (aka computer power cable)?
You may be able to.... I'd actually recommend something with a bit heavier gauge wiring. Any lamp cord will do fine. :D

- Do you think I'd be better off running 2x26w or 1x42w or...? (there are two ballasts.)
Unless there are specs I didn't see, I'd stick with 2x26w :D

-Will it run these?

Should be just great :D Only 1 watt difference and it's still the same type of lamp. I'd say go for it. :D

As for where to place them.... The bases will be hot (not as hot as a 55w, I'd hope) and the lamps will have less penetration power than a 55w..... so I'd do what I could to have them beef up any 'corners' or increase the light density in one area. You'll get a more even canopy or denser buds in one area... depending on your choice. :D

:blowbubbles:

anyone want to measure their 55w bulbs? i know they're usually around 21" long, but is that with or w/o the base? also, how wide are they? i only have 14" on the top of my cabinet

PaperBoy

Hey, I have a question again :)

I'm about to buy a ballast, a workhorse 8 as I saw in the thread by Hydro because it lets me run all 3 lights off just 1. My question is about the 120 V vs. 270V model. I heard the 270V uses less electricity. I'm in a country that runs 120V, but it's possible to upconvert it isn't it? Is it worth the hassle or is it just a small difference?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has anyone gotten 1 gram per watt with these lights? Not including the dr buds thing where he counts many little harvests as one. I think it is possible with careful light placement.

Also, how about in a 2x2x5' tent putting 55 watt pll's in the corners mounted vertically with reflectors(ah supply kind)? I have an 63 watt led overhead and want to get some more light and spectrum into the mix.

yesum- i hope i can get 1 gm/watt. but the general consensus is about .56 grams for a good scrogger. that's about one ounce, per 55w light bulb.

i am running a scrog with 3 x 55w PLL mix spec bulbs right now. on day 13 of 12/12 with some clones in organic soil mix. i have never seen healthier plants, except outdoor.

Hey, I have a question again :)

I'm about to buy a ballast, a workhorse 8 as I saw in the thread by Hydro because it lets me run all 3 lights off just 1. My question is about the 120 V vs. 270V model. I heard the 270V uses less electricity. I'm in a country that runs 120V, but it's possible to upconvert it isn't it? Is it worth the hassle or is it just a small difference?

just get the 120, they use twice the amps but half the volts. NOT LESS WATTS. you get charged by the watt. so get something you can plug anywhere, with little hassle. hope this helps.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Outlawz, as far as building your own goes, I built a 4x36w set with clips, bases, bulbs, ballasts for around a hundred dollars australian, all via ebay. That's about 60 plymouth sounds in cockney geezer talk :)

OUTLAWZ

Thx scrub . I'm just having difficulties finding all the parts. Can't find it all in one place and on ebay I'm not getting much results either :/ as I'm a complete noob in this I'd rather buy a ready one plug & go but if i won't get it I will be raping you guys with questions :D

Buuudy

Ok, so this thread is the first time I have ever heard of PLL. I read the first 8 pages. From what I have gathered you need a light and ballast. Can anyone point me in the direction where I can buy the light and ballast together? thanks