What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PLEASE HELP! Losing my mind over here.

mufinman

I've never magnified dry weed before, I vape and can not say I see anything unusual in my weed dish but the eyes aren't what they used to be, I'll go get the scope.

EastCoast710

ted your not alone.. my boys buds have these.. even with 0 pollen around.. grown at 2 different locations.. I think its honestly a nute.. making the egg part since pollen would be the sperm.. prolly just nutes making that egg swell to get ready for pollen.. "?

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The fact that your getting it across multiple strains (from different vendors i presume) would seem to validate it is environmental. Nutes would be included in that.

Have you sterilized your room? Sorry if i missed you saying so but i didnt read that you had done this yet.

Once I got to the start of the second page my theory that I had was confirmed.

Soon as you said you are growing OG something, and Gorrilla Glue I knew the answer.

These American popular strains are all bred from hermies, so you will get some degree of hermie when you grow them.
They are obviously not full blown hermies as you would have noticed that, but there are male flowers in the bud there somewhere.

TedNugget

Once I got to the start of the second page my theory that I had was confirmed.

Soon as you said you are growing OG something, and Gorrilla Glue I knew the answer.

These American popular strains are all bred from hermies, so you will get some degree of hermie when you grow them.
They are obviously not full blown hermies as you would have noticed that, but there are male flowers in the bud there somewhere.

This is Exactly what I was thinking too! There must be some male parts inside the bud, out of view. Or something like that...

I had the exact same thought about the OG's (or any Chem cross) as well - that maybe this was just a trait since they came from hermies. Especially since there are seeds in the calyx basically as soon as the calyx forms.
It seems like everything I've been ordering has some OG or Chem in it somewhere... I didn't know Gorilla Glue was a chem/og cross though.
This is where I am kind of trying to put my focus for now - getting away from any type of OG or chem strains and go back to some more old school classics.

I am trying to figure out a new seed order. Go back to more classic/old school genetics. I just popped a few freebies of The Hog and Skunk XXX from TH Seeds that I had laying around.
I'm trying to figure out what strains/breeders to order from though.
I was thinking Chimera (maybe that blockhead open pollination he's got now), maybe DJ Short, or possibly Mr. Nice but I'm not too sure about his stuff now.
What I am trying to do is order some classic strains used for breeding by a lot of seed makers. Something that is bred very well and definitely not from any type of hermie line. I am still trying to research what strains to try and order.
Any suggestions would be welcomed!!

TedNugget

EastCoast and McKush - thanks. Glad to hear I'm not alone in this! My buddy has the same problem too, but he doesn't care about trying to fix it...lol.

I've had that thought about nutrients too. Like maybe it could be some type of "flower hardener" (cause this problem definitely makes the flowers "hard" lol ).
But I've been using all organic nutrients. No chemical nutes at all.
I'm still going to dial it way back to the very basics though. Just basically a single bottle of bloom nutrient and maybe a little bat guano.
I need to eliminate possible variables to this problem.

As far as sterilizing my room - I have sprayed down the walls and floors (etc) with water. Should I use a bleach/water solution?

I wood

EastCoast and McKush - thanks. Glad to hear I'm not alone in this! My buddy has the same problem too, but he doesn't care about trying to fix it...lol.

I've had that thought about nutrients too. Like maybe it could be some type of "flower hardener" (cause this problem definitely makes the flowers "hard" lol ).
But I've been using all organic nutrients. No chemical nutes at all.
I'm still going to dial it way back to the very basics though. Just basically a single bottle of bloom nutrient and maybe a little bat guano.
I need to eliminate possible variables to this problem.

As far as sterilizing my room - I have sprayed down the walls and floors (etc) with water. Should I use a bleach/water solution?

thinking back, I think I have noticed it on the plants that flowered longer. I have only one strain that does this and has been doing it off and on for over ten years.
Plants are programmed to reproduce at just about any cost, maybe the seeds are just trying to grow even though they weren't fertilized.
No bloom boosters or even bottled anything in my garden, with the exception of ful-power. The tendency is for me to underfeed if anything.
Just my thoughts on the matter, could be way off.

TedNugget

Something else I noticed - at first I thought all 3 plants had those tiny green seeds that eventually would turn white as they died.
Well, I was wrong. Each plant has different seeds...

One plant has those tiny green seeds and those tiny white seeds. (GG cross)
The next plant only has those tiny green seeds. (Brotherhood OG)
Then the third plant looks better. It doesn't have either the tiny white or tiny green seeds. It instead has these super duper tiny black seeds. They look like a grain of pepper. It's hard to even see wi the naked eye... (deadhead OG cross)

So, if it was from a single pollen source, wouldn't each plant have the same type of seeds?
The fact that each plant has a different type of tiny seed. makes me think even more that it's just a trait of these plants/strains.

EastCoast710

see the only thing ive been seeing with 0 pollen in the rooms.. was that super duper tiny black seed grain of pepper looking thing.. no pop no crackle.. no taste when burnt.. just super tiny black things that look like mini seeds..

the other shit your describing sounds like hermi pollen is hitting your shit. but I could be wrong.. it could also be a nute. as I have heard of this happening I cant remember wat nutes but another guy had this issue with the tiny tiny black ones..

TedNugget

I definitely agree that the white & green seeds look like the type I got from hermie pollen in the past. I just don't understand where they are coming from... lol.
I'm going back to a super basic nutrient regime. I'm just going to use a dry nutrient mix that you top feed once a month and then just use plain water. It can't get much more simple than that.
I am trying to eliminate every possible variable to this problem.

But yeah, this is the first time I seen those tiny black grains. I am very hopeful that this particular plant doesn't have any of those tiny green or white seeds anywhere. I haven't seen them yet (but that's happened in the past where I didn't see them only to eventually find some at a later date when breaking a bud up. Sometimes the only way I can tell if it has those seeds is because the bud will feel like it has these hard pieces in it when I break it up. It's weird).
If it only has those tiny black grains and they don't have any effect on the way it smokes, I can live with em.

Thanks for the help man.

2ppl

Sup Ted , I also saw those tiny green seeds in my "fake wifi". I thought for sure my room was some how contaminated with pollen or a plant must've hermed. I must've tore open dozen of calyx by the stem and on the bud, and I kept finding those tiny green seeds in the calyx by the stem and tiny white ones in the bud. I first noticed the green "seeds" in the calyx by the stem in day 14 of flower and the white seeds in the buds calyx in week 5. Scared the shit out of me when I first saw them, thought my whole crop was ruined. Luckily as others have stated its just genetics. Those little f'ing seeds never developed into nothing much. I also gave my friend 1 of my cut to flower and I found those "seeds" in his plant also. Phew!!!! Stressed the heck out of me for a few days , frantically searching the net for answers. Thanks for sharing Ted!

Latest posts

Latest posts