What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Platinum Kush Breath x Green Honduras Haze micro seed run experiment

The Zientist

Veteran
Hey @OZZ_,
Nice to see it went through. Your mouth watering Platinum Kush Breath should combine really well with the Honduras and Haze side.
We'll have to wait for you to do a follow-up when you grow the progeny. :whistle:

With the current PCK OP cycle I'm running I had access to 5 males. I've also thrown a few of NA modern lines from previous pheno hunts to watch them combine. My La Bomba x PCK reminds me of yours, but totally in the opposite side of the spectrum.

Keep having fun mate, might you find interesting things.
Thanks for sharing
tZ

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As an experiment I set up a mini- micro tent that is only 2’ W x 2’ H x 1.25’ D to see if I can pull off some hybrid/NLD pollen chucking in such a small space.

So far it’s going well but we will see how things progress in such tight quarters. I don’t need tons of seeds, just enough to grow out for myself and of course when testing the offspring it will be done in full sized fully equipped flowering tents.

For this cross I’m using my selected Platinum Kush Breath mother chosen from a previous pheno hunt. This plant in particular I thought would cross well with the GHH because of her effect. She is very very potent but surprisingly …. The effect is quite up and even energetic …. as well as fairly clear headed **for a hybrid of its type**.

These effects come on fast and continue through the first half of the high with the second half taking on a more relaxing profile but not nearly as sedating or narcotic as many of the other hybrids I have been running lately. For those reasons alone I thought she would be a good match to a tropical Sativa type and when I scored a GHH male I decided to give it a try.

In addition to her nice effect that I personally really enjoy, she is an absolute frost MONSTER that leaves your hands literally caked with blonde hash when trimming. She has a structure that likes to throw off tons of side shoots all producing a million different budsites that results in tiny nugs…. It’s not my favorite structure but the nugs produced are extremely dense…. Like rocks that will test your grinder if it isn’t a heavy duty type. Extensive pruning to eliminate side shoots does help in this regard and she does increase nug size under those conditions. Terps are mild to moderate consisting of a hashy profile with a citrus backend if she is kept under 900 ppfd. Higher light intensities seem to decrease her terp profile.

Here are some pics from her throughout my various grows and testing with her.

View attachment 18814200

View attachment 18814190

View attachment 18814283

View attachment 18814193

View attachment 18814194

View attachment 18814198

View attachment 18814197

View attachment 18814196

View attachment 18814199

Here are a few videos of her off my IG

I’m running a platinum Kush breath cross at the moment it’s called Platinum Dosi, it may be my favorite currently unbelievable frost had it for a while now kept from a seed pop. https://www.icmag.com/threads/platinum-dosi.18064626/

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey @OZZ_,
Nice to see it went through. Your mouth watering Platinum Kush Breath should combine really well with the Honduras and Haze side.
We'll have to wait for you to do a follow-up when you grow the progeny. :whistle:

With the current PCK OP cycle I'm running I had access to 5 males. I've also thrown a few of NA modern lines from previous pheno hunts to watch them combine. My La Bomba x PCK reminds me of yours, but totally in the opposite side of the spectrum.

Keep having fun mate, might you find interesting things.
Thanks for sharing
tZ

Thanks for popping in and thanks for the kind words dude! I’m very much looking forward to seeing how they turn out! I will update here when I get them popped. 🤙

Bet those La Bomba x PCK turned out nice too!!

I’m running a platinum Kush breath cross at the moment it’s called Platinum Dosi, it may be my favorite currently unbelievable frost had it for a while now kept from a seed pop. https://www.icmag.com/threads/platinum-dosi.18064626/

Wow man!! Those are gorgeous! Looks like similar frost but higher yielding than my PKB keeper. Overall yield on her weight wise is actually pretty good as she puts out rock hard dense nuggets…. but she just loves to throw out a million side shoots with hundreds of bud sites resulting in smaller nugs. That platinum Dosi looks like it’s throwing out straight colas! Wonderful stuff!!

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OZZ ..Is an American :p all the time I thought he was Australian :redface:… I have an affinity for Australians because they are amazing growers that’s why I thought OZz was in that category he’s an amazing grower

OZZ_

Veteran
cool project @ OZZ_ thanks for sharing

Thanks friend 👊👊👊

It’s just a simple pollen chuck all the credit goes to ACE and in-house … all I did was select the mom from a pheno hunt then keep this lone male held back …. and of course gave them the hotel room to do the dirty hahaha

OZZ ..Is an American :p all the time I thought he was Australian :redface:… I have an affinity for Australians because they are amazing growers that’s why I thought OZz was in that category he’s an amazing grower

Sheesh man you’ll make a guy blush with words like that appreciate that dude especially coming from you. Everyone thinks I’m from Australia not sure why 🤣🤣🤷‍♂️ ….. must be the username I guess

I had an American bulldog about 25 years ago (or more now??) named OZZ so when I got on the boards way back when …. I think it was around ‘94-95ish I just used his name for my handle and it’s been OZ, OZZ, OZZZ …. OZZ_ or other variations ever since lol

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks friend 👊👊👊

It’s just a simple pollen chuck all the credit goes to ACE and in-house … all I did was select the mom from a pheno hunt then keep this lone male held back …. and of course gave them the hotel room to do the dirty hahaha

Sheesh man you’ll make a guy blush with words like that appreciate that dude especially coming from you. Everyone thinks I’m from Australia not sure why 🤣🤣🤷‍♂️ ….. must be the username I guess

I had an American bulldog about 25 years ago (or more now??) named OZZ so when I got on the boards way back when …. I think it was around ‘94-95ish I just used his name for my handle and it’s been OZ, OZZ, OZZZ …. OZZ_ or other variations ever since lol
BA893286-A48A-4E1B-A177-651A6A55E19C.jpeg

OZZ_

Veteran
growing PKB now too..yours looks awesome

Good luck man! It’s a very very frosty strain that’s for sure, and as mentioned I like her high much more than most of the hybrids I’ve been running lately

Redrum92

Oh man, thanks for clearing that up.

I bet 80% of people assume he's an Aussie with that name

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Oz is short for Australian (Aus = Oz). We are pretty lazy with our pronunciation and writing. I thought you might be Australian as well.

Anyway, nice cross!

OZZ_

Veteran
Oz is short for Australian (Aus = Oz). We are pretty lazy with our pronunciation and writing. I thought you might be Australian as well.

Anyway, nice cross!

I knew of course Australia is referred to as OZ, but for some reason I guess it was one just of those things where I didn’t put two and two together until Flower Power said it. I’ve never had anyone bring it up and to me the association was my American bulldog buddy OZ (RIP) from way back when.

Anyway thanks again everyone appreciate you all 🤙🤙🤙

Last edited:

SolarLogos

How have you been brother OZZ. I hope you and the family are doing great; loving life!

What a nice sounding hybrid! I haven't tried the Honduran Haze, but it has to be a nice, clean, up soaring high, as both the Honduran and Haze are that way with me. Honduran Haze is certainly on my list, it just sound like too good of a pure Sativa hybrid (I'm assuming the Haze is OTH and not A5).

You mentioned the PKB you selected has very little sedation. Crossed to a pure Sativa, maybe you could select phenos with minimal sedation or none. An all Sativa high, coming from buds that leave that kind of resin on your fingers has to be fire! Maybe back-cross one more time if necessary to get rid of the sedation, if it's even necessary. I think you might have something pretty special going on here (y)
How are the differences in trichome sizes between the PKB and the HH?
Best of luck!
Peace
SL