What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plants dying overnight

issack

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

truck

everything goes to shit after a leaf pick because of the spores being spread around. Its a mildew, grey water mildew, it spread through wind, water and direct contact, it infects anything and everything and anything and everything is a carrier, and is why you have constant russet mite problems, as they travel the same way and are always looking for weak susceptible plants and love the same environments. This mildew/fungi is in your environment and is there to stay unless you rip the walls out and start over and have hard non porous surfaces in your entire grow. You have to keep is disinfected like a hospital, just like hospital, grows need to be taken down and started over with clean new or disinfected equipment and facility. I know from experience. This is the lurking monster behind a lot of issue in most indoor grows that have been online for more than a year then get hit with seemingly every issue under the sun from broad or russet mites, to every nutrient deficiency, ect. Sanitize your water, air, and media as much as you can or start from sterile. Then populate with your own micros or stay sterile and use sterile fertilizers, filter your water and air at all times, use uv filters going in and out of tanks and pumps, use sand filters when possible and KDF 85 filters, or filters that contain iron or copper oxide. search Mildew (Phytophthora infestans) and grey water mold. Clean with Physan 20 and or Pro Kure-V and use ProKure-G fast gas or slow gas to keep the spore populations down in the air. Ozone your air and water if you can. Sterilize and treat your media with bio fungicides. Prevention and starting the right way with the right equipment and right facilities, along with starting from seed and always going from seed or micro-propagation.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Truck it is ever present.

Some strains are more susceptible. Weak plants from deficiency, pests or high res temps are targets.

It is impossible to eliminate Fusarium. Unless you you grow indoors in the CDC lol!

The trick is to keep it from killing your plants. Recirc is very difficult to treat. Tissue culture techniques can break the chain. But the system will always have a spore somewhere.

I see some yellowing about every three months. I use bleach on stem. And it's gone.

truck

amen mushrrombrew. I noticed a 2-4 month cycle myself. sounds like you have gone rounds and just settle in for knowing what to expect like an old farmer and respond accordingly without freaking out. Most people want perfection every time. Indoor growing i have learned isn't for the faint of heart or weak minded. Only the persistent stick around to see the end and know there is no end in sight when it comes to pests and disease, its just about coping with the stress as you already know. I just like shooting the shit on here mostly, thanks for listening.

issack

Veteran
everything goes to shit after a leaf pick because of the spores being spread around. Its a mildew, grey water mildew, it spread through wind, water and direct contact, it infects anything and everything and anything and everything is a carrier, and is why you have constant russet mite problems, as they travel the same way and are always looking for weak susceptible plants and love the same environments. This mildew/fungi is in your environment and is there to stay unless you rip the walls out and start over and have hard non porous surfaces in your entire grow. You have to keep is disinfected like a hospital, just like hospital, grows need to be taken down and started over with clean new or disinfected equipment and facility. I know from experience. This is the lurking monster behind a lot of issue in most indoor grows that have been online for more than a year then get hit with seemingly every issue under the sun from broad or russet mites, to every nutrient deficiency, ect. Sanitize your water, air, and media as much as you can or start from sterile. Then populate with your own micros or stay sterile and use sterile fertilizers, filter your water and air at all times, use uv filters going in and out of tanks and pumps, use sand filters when possible and KDF 85 filters, or filters that contain iron or copper oxide. search Mildew (Phytophthora infestans) and grey water mold. Clean with Physan 20 and or Pro Kure-V and use ProKure-G fast gas or slow gas to keep the spore populations down in the air. Ozone your air and water if you can. Sterilize and treat your media with bio fungicides. Prevention and starting the right way with the right equipment and right facilities, along with starting from seed and always going from seed or micro-propagation.

At that time I was having the russets in the last few grows my temps were super hot and it was completely horrible weather outside going on three months of rain straight. My weather has been absolutely gorgeous and it's nice and cool at night and cool during the day. And the new AC rocking the cold Temps. Didn't lose one plant had no gnats not one russet Mite outbreak at all, and I believe due to the heat on the last times everything just started sparking up and it accelerated everything with Cold temps now I'm able to keep everything under control. I got all the way through a fruitful Harvest without one plant dying finally I'm pretty stoked. And I didn't have to fight that hard to keep them not dying either it was pretty easy..

And like I said the purple wreck side of the grow had absolutely not one for Fusarium streak going up the bottom of the stalks.

I cleaned my room pretty good last time and this time I'm going to run an ozone generator in there for like a day straight too before I start anything.

All and all the temps is what made my grow happen. If it was super hot in there like last time I guarantee I would have all these mites and I would have been losing plants..because the Fusarium would have thrived..

issack

Veteran
Truck it is ever present.

Some strains are more susceptible. Weak plants from deficiency, pests or high res temps are targets.

It is impossible to eliminate Fusarium. Unless you you grow indoors in the CDC lol!

The trick is to keep it from killing your plants. Recirc is very difficult to treat. Tissue culture techniques can break the chain. But the system will always have a spore somewhere.

I see some yellowing about every three months. I use bleach on stem. And it's gone.

Bro you saved my life with that tip with the Bleach. Absolutely amazing.. I watched the brown streaks coming up from stalks disappear after a couple sprays

issack

Veteran
amen mushrrombrew. I noticed a 2-4 month cycle myself. sounds like you have gone rounds and just settle in for knowing what to expect like an old farmer and respond accordingly without freaking out. Most people want perfection every time. Indoor growing i have learned isn't for the faint of heart or weak minded. Only the persistent stick around to see the end and know there is no end in sight when it comes to pests and disease, its just about coping with the stress as you already know. I just like shooting the shit on here mostly, thanks for listening.

100% truth right there. Indoor Growing is not for the faint of heart. You have to battle and be prepared for war at all times lol..

Ogbiwar has been my savior with pests too.. I have no bugs or mites ever now with that regimen..

And I can't stress enough about hi temps completely making your garden have a downfall. That's what I learned big time

TheReverend

100% truth right there. Indoor Growing is not for the faint of heart. You have to battle and be prepared for war at all times lol..

Ogbiwar has been my savior with pests too.. I have no bugs or mites ever now with that regimen..

And I can't stress enough about hi temps completely making your garden have a downfall. That's what I learned big time

I fucking learned that one the hard way too. I knew better than to let it get up in the high 80s, but I was trying to avoid replacing an A/C and just being lazy basically... and it f'd my plants six ways to Sunday.