What's new

Plants don't like my small veg cupboard? I don't know why?

S

Spider Crab

Something weird happened, i was wondering what anyone else could make of this?

I had the exhaust fan running all night and when i had a look this morning the plants still looked sad, so i was mad and took the fan out not knowing what i can do from here.

Then, i had a look this evening and the plants are all perked up. (There is no fan at all, just a big hole in the side where the fan was.)

It just seems weird.

RB56

Veteran
Something weird happened, i was wondering what anyone else could make of this?

I had the exhaust fan running all night and when i had a look this morning the plants still looked sad, so i was mad and took the fan out not knowing what i can do from here.

Then, i had a look this evening and the plants are all perked up. (There is no fan at all, just a big hole in the side where the fan was.)

It just seems weird.
Pure theory - fan inside enclosuer was blowing directly on the plants, screwing up their respiration. Now that you've enlarged the ventilation holes there is enough exchange happening passively to do the job.

S

Spider Crab

I thought it might be something like that, but whenever i think i know something it ends up wrong........

I'll see how it goes.

heatherlonglee

Keep the door closed lights on and take temperature readings. Don't open door for 48 hours. Take a few temperature readings lights on and lights off. Don't open cabinet until you know for sure temperature readings without opening door.

Also if plant is root bound or potted in to dense of a medium, plants will act up all kinds; happy sometimes, sad and lousy looking other times.

Last edited:
causation does not equal correlation.

The rooster crows, the suns rises. Therfor, the sun rises because the rooster crows.

Your plants got better (temporarily) but its not because the fan.

Not sound logic.

Ventilation can never be a negative, unless in certain lung room set ups using CO2. Or if your space is so small it's a wind tunnel and the plants spent most of their time trying to beef up their stems to take the beating.

Latest posts

Latest posts