What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plant seeds indoors for 2022 outdoors.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Here are the 2 indoor plants today.
IMG_1192.JPG
IMG_1191.JPG
IMG_1163.JPG
IMG_1173.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The outdoor plants are nearing the 70-day mark. The main green stem has faded into a yellow color telling me the grow is over. Allowing a leaf drop minimizes the need to trim the leaves. I will let the containers dry more and then get them. 😎
IMG_1282.JPG
IMG_1263.JPG
IMG_1280.JPG
IMG_1269.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Spring flowering. Allowing or forcing a "leaf drop" all the way until the top leaf falls is key at harvest time. Main, secondary, and minute leaves are the type of leaves you watch. The main leaf will always have a long strong petiole and fall first. When the last top main leaves drop, that's the time to get the plants. If you wait longer the secondary leaves will turn yellow and give buds a bad taste. 😎
IMG_1300.JPG
IMG_1299.JPG
IMG_1297.JPG

Reactions: xet

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
70 days of flowering and it's time to harvest these outdoor plants because 2 of the 3 plants have lost most of their main leaves. Plus two plants' stems, have turned completely yellow which is another indication they are finished. . These plants have been threatened for the last few weeks and have turned their defense mechanisms on. Hopefully, the plant will produce enough THC to scare me away from the buds. Will see? 😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I remember many past Springs harvesting Spring flowers from the outdoors. Growing in the ground or in pots, and feeling like I got something no one else had was so cool. Today I got very stickie buds with a sweet pine smell and the brown one smells real musky. Each plant is a little different from the others. Out of the 6 plants I got 5 females and put 3 outdoors for Spring flowers and kept 2 indoors. The indoor sisters are doubling the outdoor plants and starting to sag with a bigger load of buds and heavier yield. The indoor plants are starting water only and running two weeks longer than the outdoor plants.

A supplemented 400-watt HPS grow light outperformed the outdoor Sun-grown plants.
IMG_1330.JPG
IMG_1340.JPG
IMG_1339.JPG
IMG_1363.JPG
😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
When temps hit 90F- 32C or above signals to me times up. Spring flowers have a hard time with excessive heat when the buds are dense. Plus the Sun's intensity in direct Sun is much different from shade temps in the shade. When It's 90F in the shade it's 105F-40C to 110F-43C in direct Sun. The trichomes can burst above their heat capacity and that varies with each strain. I had stinky plants turn to hay because of the heat bursting the resin coat.😎
IMG_1421.JPG
IMG_1385.JPG
IMG_1398.JPG
IMG_1391.JPG

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Now that these plants are finished and their 2 sisters are getting close, its time to plant seeds for a Fall garden. I'm going to grow some old Blue Indica from about 10 years back. They are my old seed and not breeder seed. I'm sure I lost some of the germination rates in the long-term storage. They should stay short with fat dark buds if I remember correctly. Heres more Spring flowers
IMG_1351.JPG
IMG_1352.JPG
IMG_1355.JPG
IMG_1356.JPG
😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I put each plant in its own shoebox and put the boxes in a big bag to slow the drying down. This was fun growing showing everybody how to grow Spring Flowers. I could have made the harvest bigger by using larger pots but I wanted to keep it simple.
I just got a little vape of a too damp bud and still have a way to go. When the buds are dry I will get some photos without HPS lighting. 😎
IMG_1440.JPG
IMG_1444.JPG

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Finally started my 2022 seeds.
Was going to use seeds from 2020 crop, but couldn't find them.

Top 7 - Apollo 11 F3's, from Subcool vintage 2014 Apollo.

Lower Right - { Green Crack x A11 } x Hazeman Elephant Stomper

Lower Left - Romberry x A11.

Attachments

• IMG_20100418_192101_3x7.jpg
    IMG_20100418_192101_3x7.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

St. Phatty

One Romberry x Apollo sprouting.

Romberry from Freedom of Seeds, Apollo from the late TGA/ Subcool.

UPDATE - now I got 4 of the Romberry crosses started.

Come on Apollo 11 F3's ! ! !

Attachments

• IMG_20190106_155934_9_romxapollo2.jpg
    IMG_20190106_155934_9_romxapollo2.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20190107_153402_0+.jpg
    IMG_20190107_153402_0+.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

St. Phatty

Are these going outdoors for Fall flowers?😎

Well, I waited till the Outdoors was done having Freezing outdoor temps.
So actually they were even started outdoors.

Cold Nights, and a mix of Sunny & Cloudy days.

Now, 6 Romberry crosses.
2 Green Crack - Elephant Stomper Crosses.
2 Apollo 11 F3 crosses.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Here we grow, I can taste those Fall Indica'flowers now. These seed are short-season plants and if I planted them in early spring, the growing season would be too long and they would fail. So I'm starting them late in cups under fluorescent lighting and planting outdoors after the Summer Solstice.😎
IMG_1789.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts